[Game] Kings vs. Knickerbockers, 3/9/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a ripping of the bandaid moment. And it paid off almost immediately.

Big fan of Hali and how he composed himself while wearing the jersey. But it was never going to work and I don't see how you can't be thrilled with the result. But no reason not to celebrate his good nights, just wish they could have come against a team we needed to lose.
I always check on pacers to see his stats and root for buddy and bagleys demise lol

Kings really had no business letting the Knicks back into this game, I think this has been an issue for the team particularly allowing the opposition to kill them with physicality on the boards.

There was another game where they were getting killed on the boards I think it was against the 76ers at home earlier in the season.

I think there was another game like that too perhaps against the Clippers earlier in the season as well?

Mitchell Robinson seemed impossible to box out and Josh Hart was grabbing so many second chance boards as well.

Is this just a matter of boxing out or is the defensive scheme of the Kings making things harder on that end ?

I think these are very good things to have happened to get the team to make tweaks if needed/possible

Also, I think Metu was horrendous and he really can't be playing like that down the line (unforced turnovers).
Physicality is something I want Monte to add to this team this off season. Maybe start from the backup centre, also I hope he will draft an athletic wing who can grow behind Barnes and hopefully take over his position later on.

I love Hali too and post about him all the time, but when you come into the game thread, 7 minutes after we win, responding to a meme about Fox being awesome with a “but but but Hali was good tonight” post, when there are like 3 other threads you could post about Hali, well then it comes across like you have an agenda and are trying to start a fight. Just my two cents.

I love Hali too and post about him all the time, but when you come into the game thread, 7 minutes after we win, responding to a meme about Fox being awesome with a “but but but Hali was good tonight” post, when there are like 3 other threads you could post about Hali, well then it comes across like you have an agenda and are trying to start a fight. Just my two cents.
Bullseye !

It's simple, mate. If a post about players from another team got you that flustered.
View attachment 11644

Good night, everyone!

GO KINGS!!!
Way to take constructive criticism, mate.

Furthermore, Hali no longer being on the KINGS clearly has you flustered. Lots of that going around, eh?

Instead of directing fans of a KINGS forum to ignore posts about non-KINGS topics -- perhaps maybe you should consider joining a Indiana Pacers fan forum where you'd be on topic all day long.

But, I guess we already know how you feel about suggestions and constructive criticism, don't we?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Maybe they were. But take it from a habitual line stepper: just because somebody has a chip on their shoulder doesn't obligate you to knock it off of there.

Maybe they were. But take it from a habitual line stepper: just because somebody has a chip on their shoulder doesn't obligate you to knock it off of there.
I'm sorry if people felt that way, I won't post anything like that ever again. But it has nothing to do with line stepping or chip on my shoulder having to point out Hali did well on a Fox's post. I thought we could celebrate both guys but I guess no one wants to hear me rooting for both.

I didn't think fans would be in such a mood after a win. I guess the wound hasn't been healed or they enjoy their echo chamber too much.

My apologies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'm sorry if people felt that way, I won't post anything like that ever again. But it has nothing to do with line stepping or chip on my shoulder having to point out Hali did well on a Fox's post. I thought we could celebrate both guys but I guess no one wants to hear me rooting for both.

I didn't think fans would be in such a mood after a win. I guess the wound hasn't been healed or they enjoy their echo chamber too much.

My apologies.
You thought that thirty-nine wins was enough to get over sixteen years of trauma?

Way to take constructive criticism, mate.

Furthermore, Hali no longer being on the KINGS clearly has you flustered. Lots of that going around, eh?

Instead of directing fans of a KINGS forum to ignore posts about non-KINGS topics -- perhaps maybe you should consider joining a Indiana Pacers fan forum where you'd be on topic all day long.

But, I guess we already know how you feel about suggestions and constructive criticism, don't we?
Wow... I really didn't come at it that way. I just saw that Hali highlight and thought I'd point out they are both on fire.

It has nothing to do with chips on my shoulder or anything. I don't know how it would be read that way but internet comprehension never seize to amaze me.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member

My apologies.
And anyway, you didn't do anything wrong, until you got defensive about the nonsense; I'd have preferred if you had just reported the post. The chip on your shoulder line wasn't in reference to you.

I'm sorry if people felt that way, I won't post anything like that ever again.

My apologies.
Nah, don't apologize. It's not like you were going off "ZOMG HAHAH HALI PUT UP 29/19 TONIGHT, HOW COULD THE KINGZZZ BE SO DUMB TO TRADE HIM!!!!11!!" sort of nonsense.

All the crying carl's can get over their feelings. It wasn't a malicious post in the slightest.

I have respect for the Knicks' management and how they've turned their team around. Their signing of Brunson was genius, despite all the rants to the contrary. And they've stuck with their defensive minded coach during the down years rather than having a revolving door approach. Good for them. Now I hope the Kings go out and kick their a$$.
The Knicks signing Brunson was probably the nest thing they have done in the past 7 years. Anybidy who says anything else is just hating on the knicks. Brunson is a stud

My apologies.
Not your doing, but it's quite a sensitive topic considering how most the Nat'l media trashed the KINGS for that trade. I guess many of us just would like to focus on KINGS-related things in this particular forum, especially after a HUGE win, and not continue to kick that dead horse.

I was and still am a fan of Mr. Haliburton too. I just believe that topic has outlived its shelf life. There shouldn't be any issue with you or anyone else talking that subject in the general NBA forum, I should think. That's all.

And anyway, you didn't do anything wrong, until you got defensive about the nonsense; I'd have preferred if you had just reported the post.
Honestly...

I don't know where it came from calling me "the wrong team fan" for celebrating another player traded from this team. I never was trying to one-up the post or having a chip on my shoulder about "Hali showing out too". I was honestly just celebrating both players. It's why I went sarcastically defensive because it just felt unreal to me.

Wow... I really didn't come at it that way. I just saw that Hali highlight and thought I'd point out they are both on fire.

It has nothing to do with chips on my shoulder or anything. I don't know how it would be read that way but internet comprehension never seize to amaze me.
Got it. Understood. No hard feelings from me. My apology for snapping back as I did. Let's just move on like nothing happened.

We got a HUGE win tonight and have a couple more BIG games on the horizon, my friend.

Excited to see this full presser. THIS is a major reason why we've turned the corner this season and why I think we can continue what we're building here long-term. Kings are about to tie their most wins in 16 years, 2 seed in the West, 13-games over .500. And he's pissed. Rightfully so at the rebounding "effort". Calling out Foxy and Domas to be vocal leaders.

That play where Domas got the LeBron block and the sprinted back to get the O-Reb tip and no one went for the ball... That's the crap where Domas needs to be chewing out Huerter (and I think Davion was at the top of the key with him?) to go get the damn ball or at least go dive on the floor. If he's busting his ass, you should be too
Coach Brown isn’t just setting up a good culture here. He’s setting up a CHAMPIONSHIP culture. He is setting standards of excellence and this will pay huge dividends down the line for this team. I’m so happy we hired Brown man.

Last edited:
I agree with Brown. The Kings weren't very good, which is why the game was so close. Sabonis and Monk were excellent. Murray started the game very well. Fox deigned to show up in the 4th. Otherwise, it was a pretty meh effort that fortunately yielded a win.
We can't be outscoring everyone in the Playoffs when they slow the games down, which is why it is frustrating to see how inconsistent our defense is. But being it our (potential) first Playoffs in 16 years, maybe it is enough for our kids to go in and get a feel for it first. Maybe that'll make them understand the importance of being consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.