[Game] Kings vs. Knickerbockers, 3/9/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: @Tetsujin, I understand that this is your domain, but I did not see a game thread yet for tonight. Please feel free to delete if needed, or go ahead and do whatever it is that you need to do in order to convert this into the official game thread for tonight...

Well, the last time we played in front of a national audience on TNT, this happened...

Tonight, we welcome the team that plays about 5 miles from where the Nets play...in front of a national audience on TNT.

All I am going to say right now is...

#BeamTheMuthaEffingLight

200w.gif

JUST.
MUTHA.
EFFING.
BEAM.
THAT.
ISH.

Last edited:
Last I checked we like a 2 1/2 point favorite. but you would never guess it if you listen to how the knicks are one of the best teams in basketball.

Tonight is a must watch game!!

Last I checked we like a 2 1/2 point favorite. but you would never guess it if you listen to how the knicks are one of the best teams in basketball.

Tonight is a must watch game!!
It absolutely blows my mind that the Kings are having a historical offensive season (possibly best in history by season's end) - and there is nary a peep about this from the national media. Take any number of the 10 largest market teams and it would be all over every talk show daily/weekly. If it was the Fakers there would be a daily tracker embedded into the homepage of ESPN dot com.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I am going to a show tonight. Funny, I missed a show at this same venue a few years back when we had a national TV game that went into OT (Cousins, maybe even Malone era).

It absolutely blows my mind that the Kings are having a historical offensive season (possibly best in history by season's end) - and there is nary a peep about this from the national media. Take any number of the 10 largest market teams and it would be all over every talk show daily/weekly. If it was the Fakers there would be a daily tracker embedded into the homepage of ESPN dot com.
I listen to an embarrassing amount of NBA podcasts (including many national media types) and they do talk about the kings actually. They all say about the same thing- super fun team to watch, Fox and Sabonis are awesome, Brown is the coach of the year and the team is probably too inexperienced and defensively challenged to be a real contender. Also, just think of all the crazy storylines right now: Ja, Durant trade, Lebron injury, Book vs Luka etc. NBA is a real life telenovela

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I listen to an embarrassing amount of NBA podcasts (including many national media types) and they do talk about the kings actually. They all say about the same thing- super fun team to watch, Fox and Sabonis are awesome, Brown is the coach of the year and the team is probably too inexperienced and defensively challenged to be a real contender.
Oddly enough, the more injuries keep piling up in the WC, the more there would seem to be a path for us, as long as we stay healthy.

Grizz? Adams, Clarke out. Morant possibly in time-out. We're better.
Suns? Durant possibly out long term. Bridges/Johnson gone. Not invincible.
Warriors? Steph recovering. Aging. Not invincible.
Clippers? Will Kawhi be full strength? Not invincible.
Wolves? KAT timeline unclear. No KAT, we're better.
Mavs? Luka status unclear. No Luka, we're better.
Lakers? LeBron status unclear. No LeBron, we're better.
Pelicans? Zion out. We're better.

Of all the probable playoff opponents for the Kings, the only one where you look and figure it's hopeless is the Nuggets. Everybody else we've got a shot (obviously a bigger shot against some than others).

Oddly enough, the more injuries keep piling up in the WC, the more there would seem to be a path for us, as long as we stay healthy.

Grizz? Adams, Clarke out. Morant possibly in time-out. We're better.
Suns? Durant possibly out long term. Bridges/Johnson gone. Not invincible.
Warriors? Steph recovering. Aging. Not invincible.
Clippers? Will Kawhi be full strength? Not invincible.
Wolves? KAT timeline unclear. No KAT, we're better.
Mavs? Luka status unclear. No Luka, we're better.
Lakers? LeBron status unclear. No LeBron, we're better.
Pelicans? Zion out. We're better.

Of all the probable playoff opponents for the Kings, the only one where you look and figure it's hopeless is the Nuggets. Everybody else we've got a shot (obviously a bigger shot against some than others).
Not saying we would beat Nuggets but Kings do match up with them better then others.They would need to outscore them , no team can stop Joker show but that's what Kings do if everything is clicking, they outscore teams.Winning in Denver is nearly impossible as their home court record suggests, but Kings are one of the best road teams so punchers chance...

They were lucky we had a key guy missing the last time. We owe em one and i hope the Kings show up and show OUT, mainly because we’re at home and need to continue reminding teams we’re no joke. I want us to cement that homecourt advantage.

Hoping Huerter, Monk and Keegan have their shots going and Fox is in Rhythm with Sabonis staying out of foul trouble. It’s literally the key to every game as well as continued improvement guarding the 3 and hitting the glass. I’m praying we light that beam!!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I have respect for the Knicks' management and how they've turned their team around. Their signing of Brunson was genius, despite all the rants to the contrary. And they've stuck with their defensive minded coach during the down years rather than having a revolving door approach. Good for them. Now I hope the Kings go out and kick their a$$.

Super hyped about this game. There’s definitely a different buzz for this one tonight. TNT is in town and we’re playing a hot surprise team, similar to ourselves. Sold out game, I’m expecting arguably the hottest crowd of the year!
I want this W as badly as the Clippers OT game once it hit Q4 a couple weeks ago.

We need it. And to beat PHX at least once.

The game vs. New York will mark the 36th Kings game broadcast on TNT, ESPN or ABC since 2006-07 — the second-fewest in the NBA (above only the Charlotte Hornets) in that span.

By comparison, fellow California teams the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers have 30 and 29 games, respectively, on those three networks this season alone. As for the numbers since 2006-07: the Lakers lead the NBA with 421 games played on TNT, ESPN or ABC, while the Warriors rank third at 312.

https://www.nba.com/news/5-things-know-knicks-kings-tnt-2023

The game vs. New York will mark the 36th Kings game broadcast on TNT, ESPN or ABC since 2006-07 — the second-fewest in the NBA (above only the Charlotte Hornets) in that span.

By comparison, fellow California teams the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers have 30 and 29 games, respectively, on those three networks this season alone. As for the numbers since 2006-07: the Lakers lead the NBA with 421 games played on TNT, ESPN or ABC, while the Warriors rank third at 312.

https://www.nba.com/news/5-things-know-knicks-kings-tnt-2023

The really sad part is, the LAL have mostly been irrelevant for most of the past 10 years. No real justification to have well over a hundred more than GSW. Unless people were really into mediocre to bad basketball being played. Which, if indeed the case, means our KINGS should have been televised more often. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.