[Game] Kings vs Clippers, 3/3/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
U have ice in your veins if that was not stressful. Almost lost my mind once they started taking the ball out of DF hands and Kings had no clue what to do
It's just a "big picture" thing for me. When we've lost a few in a row every moment of the next game is stressful. In this case, if we divide the 25 post All-Star break games into 5 game chunks like Mike Brown suggested, we were already 4-0 in this chunk and going 4-1 is damn good in any context. So I looked at this one basically as a freebie.

That 5 game chunk is in the books, now we move on the next chunk and pretend we're 0-0. Minnesota (playing .500 ball lately), New Orleans (floundering), and New York (on a massive 8 game win streak) are coming to our house then there's a short trip to Phoenix to face the KD version of the Suns with both teams looking to make a statement, then we return home to face the defending champs (EDIT: Make that the 2021 Champs) (currently on an even more massive 16 game win streak). Another 5-0 stretch might propel us into the 2-seed, 4-1 would be great, 3-2 would be acceptable.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The Warriors have won 16 consecutive? Who knew. ;)
Huh. I must have blocked out the 2022 Finals completely. The last one I actually remember is Bucks vs. Suns. In other news, Boston actually got to the Finals last year? Wow. I somehow missed that too. I was going to joke that I must have slept through June 2022 but then I remembered what I was actually doing and it all makes sense now. That was not a good month for me.

Keegan didn't do anything wrong but he also looked bummed to come out of the game tonight. Brown had to do it and I'm sure he knows why, but also just means dude is gonna grind to make sure it won't happen down the road.
I’m back and forth on Keegan’s defense. He’s not really as agile defending the perimeter as the Kings would like. Paul George is 32 but looks a clear step quicker than Keegan. In the 4th, there was a play where he got got completely turned by Paul George and couldn’t recover which resulted in a foul. A coupe plays before he got subbed out, Paul George easily beat him running towards the rim in a simple in-bound play. He’s just kinda…slow.

The good news? He’ll be able to get stronger and use more of his upper body to contain defenders on the move. While it’s not completely ideal because he’ll have to learn to play without bumping and fouling, it’ll 100% help make up for his lack of foot speed.

Next time we take these guys on, i hope we back off of Westbrook. You can’t play him that tightly knowing how fast he is and the fact that he can’t shoot. The Warriors literally gave us the blueprint last night
I know Westbrook isn’t WESTBROOK anymore, but his quickness was almost on par with Fox… jeez. I’m 100% convinced if he had better 3pt shooting % and higher basketball IQ, he’d still be in his prime right now.

Also...Raise your hand if you thought we'd be 1 game behind the 2nd seed in the West with 20 games remaining in the regular season.
We all knew.. I mean I personally knew it when we got Ron Threesley and Malik Monk this was a title contending team in all honesty…(said me drunk, in some alternate universe…I actually dont drink lol)

This is what super team, but no longer young looks like…and without boogie or Ben Mclemore….whoda thunk it??!!!!!!! we dont win any of these close games in years past…this team is BUILT DIFFERENT

Man. Games like this and even the one in Houston that we somehow pulled out at the freethrow line is absolute proof that this season is unlike any other for us. Even in our golden years, i remember a stretch in 04-05 where the refs screwed us out of nailbiters, about 4-5 games in a row, including a missed goaltend by Amare. I’ll never forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.