[Game] Kings vs Clippers, 3/3/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If I am not mistaken, Recee Caldwell Fox was on or behind the bench at the end of the game, and was giving De'Aaron some encouragement in the final seconds. Rather surprising to see, but she did play in college and the WNBA.
"Play" is doing a little heavy lifting here, but I'll allow it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The "Throw-in" in the Bagley trade ends up being significantly better than Bagley.

Dude has figured it out in a Kings uni. He was great in a "starter in a pinch" role for us at the end of last year and he's been so good off the bench this year. Just wish Brown was willing to use him at some small-ball 5, I think his pick and pop game could be so deadly with Fox. Would be fun to see some Lyles-Keegan at the 5-4 and rotating them getting action as the screener.
He dedicated himself in the off-season to getting in better shape. Have to hand it to him.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Keegan didn't do anything wrong but he also looked bummed to come out of the game tonight. Brown had to do it and I'm sure he knows why, but also just means dude is gonna grind to make sure it won't happen down the road.
From my perspective the substitution had less to do with Keegan's inadequacy, but rather the lack of ball movement to get him the ball.

Does anyone know what happened to Matt Barnes?
Well, besides Matt Barnes well documented, endless personal drama the guy lives in LA. The immortal Kenny Thomas still lives in Sac area. So there is that. Btw, is it true lot of the Kings players especially ones with big lucrative contracts do not live in Sac (like Natomas, where in the past several players lived) but instead have big property spread in Napa Valley? Sabonis and HB supposedly. Others? Where exactly does Fox live? Does he have several homes, San Diego? I know Coach Brown lives in El Dorado Hills and probably many Kings players can certainly afford to have nice home there.

Well, besides Matt Barnes well documented, endless personal drama the guy lives in LA. The immortal Kenny Thomas still lives in Sac area. So there is that. Btw, is it true lot of the Kings players especially ones with big lucrative contracts do not live in Sac (like Natomas, where in the past several players lived) but instead have big property spread in Napa Valley? Sabonis and HB supposedly. Others? Where exactly does Fox live? Does he have several homes, San Diego? I know Coach Brown lives in El Dorado Hills and probably many Kings players can certainly afford to have nice home there.
Historically, many of them have lived out in Granite Bay And Loomis areas.

CWebb lived in Los Lagos out off Auburn Folsom road, not far from Eddie Murphy’s place when he played here.

Bobby Jackson, Doug Christie and Brad Miller all lived out in Granite Bay.

Ron Artest lived in Loomis right off Sierra College Blvd.

And Kevin Martin lived in Whitney Oaks, in Rocklin. Not too far from me, actually.

IIRC Swipa got a house out in Natomas when he first came to SAC, but I believe his main home is still in Houston. I have zero clue where any of the other current players stay.

I believe Mike Brown said during a post gamer that he was out in El Dorado Hills. And I’m pretty sure coach DC still lives in GB after all these years.

Was wondering the same thing myself. Feel like it's been a while since we've seen him.
My wife and I were talking about Matt’s absence the past couple games. It does seem like it’s been a while.

Also, anyone know what’s up with the set reversal for the post game shows? Did they finally tire of some of the really over the top fans that like to be stupid in front of the camera? Seems quite odd that they suddenly changed it up after many years and through 2/3rd’s of a historic season, no less.

Puzzling.

Anyone notice how Matt Barnes never and I mean NEVER says "Kings" but instead always goes with "we." Like he's ironclad glued to "we" as the fans big-time spokesperson - when on the local pre-post game set. Seems contrived like so much of his sketchy personality.

Every time I see Russell Westbrook play basketball I'm reminded of when Tony Kornheiser compared him to a hissing radiator.
I was scrolling yesterday late at night through the game thread and misread this quote. Instead of hissing radiator i misread "pissing radiator" - and i laughed out loud. "HPHR - Highly Pissing Hissing Radiator", he always was like that. At first, in college an NBA, he was a positive pisser, now he is more like the one from the scrap yard ;)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
From my perspective the substitution had less to do with Keegan's inadequacy, but rather the lack of ball movement to get him the ball.
Correct. There's still players of Keegan's size/skill set on the floor with a second ball handler though, so I'm saying Keegan will work to be that guy while understanding the need for Monk to be on the floor at that moment to alleviate the press that swallowed a double digit lead in the span of like 2 mins.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
My wife and I were talking about Matt’s absence the past couple games. It does seem like it’s been a while.

Also, anyone know what’s up with the set reversal for the post game shows? Did they finally tire of some of the really over the top fans that like to be stupid in front of the camera? Seems quite odd that they suddenly changed it up after many years and through 2/3rd’s of a historic season, no less.

Puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.