[Game] Kings vs Clippers, 3/3/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bam might be the biggest competitor. His defense might give him the edge over Domas especially if he finishes top 3-5 in DPOY voting.
I think it's Bam at 4 too, but I don't think his defense makes up for the massive delta in their offensive production. Bam isn't even close to Domas this year offensively or on the glass.

AD has a individual statistical case, but his team sucks and he's missed so many games this season that he shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Does anyone know why they turned the post-game set around? is this a permanent change?
maybe because the crowd that gathers behind them can be obnoxious or distracting sometimes…but I don’t know. There was a couple times this season where the panelists were having trouble with the noise if a chant started, or some drunk guy was enjoying his camera time too much.

I remember back before they had proper guard rails behind them, some fan just ran up and hugged Koz and Koz was seething because the guy got mustard or something on his suit lol

This kind of horsepucky bodes well for the playoffs.

I will acknowledge refs called a foul they didn't have to at the end, but they really assisted in making it a one possession game to get there. And we still pulled through.
It was a clear push in the back, Domas needs to be smarter in that situation with a game on a line and make sure it's obvious enough for the refs

This was a rare game where we nearly collapsed at the end. We're not used to teams doubling Fox like that. But we'll take the W any day!
I’m glad we have something thrown at us that we can prepare for. They shouldn’t have shown us that before we potentially take them on when it really counts. I trust our coaching staff to cook something up for that trapping

I wouldn't even say that. The Kings had some shots go halfway down and out in the last 2 minutes, there were some very suspicious calls and no-calls from the refs which gave some momentum back to the Clippers, and Paul George is a good player and made tough baskets. Domas still had to hit those clutch free throws to take the lead and he made it look easy. This was probably the least stressful game I've watched all season after the Kings already proved over and over again in the last 2 weeks that they're an elite team and are capable of making big plays on both ends when it counts. Just my perspective.
U have ice in your veins if that was not stressful. Almost lost my mind once they started taking the ball out of DF hands and Kings had no clue what to do

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah, but the universe will never pass up the opportunity to screw over this team. Rochester narrowly avoided becoming the first team to blow a 3-0 lead in the Finals in '51, and the basketball gods have been making the franchise pay for it ever since.
We re-upped our souls to save the team and it looks like that contract finally came to an end.

I was at this one. We definitely weren’t at our best but we found a way.

Takeaways

Kings

Fox is really really good.
Domas had the quietest 23-10-7 I’ve ever seen
Keegan is going to be special
Huerter was brilliant and idiotic
Davion is really making strides again
Even though Monk didn’t shoot well he and Domas’ chemistry is special
Lyles didn’t put a foot wrong

Clips

Westbrook still is a special player even at 34. He wasn’t why they lost at all.
I understand why Jamaal Murray wanted Bones out of Denver
Plumlee would have been a great add

Bonus

Free throws were unreal
We were much better at attacking the rim
Mike brown is a better coach than Lue

Shoutout to Macadocious for hooking it up with great seats !

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Btw, Keegan starting to come off curls and shoot mid range J’s is going to be killer.
Keegan didn't do anything wrong but he also looked bummed to come out of the game tonight. Brown had to do it and I'm sure he knows why, but also just means dude is gonna grind to make sure it won't happen down the road.

Keegan didn't do anything wrong but he also looked bummed to come out of the game tonight. Brown had to do it and I'm sure he knows why, but also just means dude is gonna grind to make sure it won't happen down the road.
We needed an additional playmaker with Fox getting doubled and getting in Monk was the right move. I would have taken out Kevin instead of Keegan though.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
We needed an additional playmaker with Fox getting doubled and getting in Monk was the right move. I would have taken out Kevin instead of Keegan though.
At this exact moment I think it was the right move but also Keegs can develop the skills to where it is Kev or Barnes/Lyles/whomever.

Not that Kev should ever be handling the ball in a press situation as we saw in OKC, but he's still probably your third man or best guy out of the DHO. I have faith that we're only seeing the beginning with Keegan though. He's grown so much. I'm wondering if he does break that record with 10 games to play, Kings should also have secured a .500 record and probably will be a lock for a playoff spot by that time as well, MAYBE just MAYBE he'll enter the top 2 equation for ROTY.

Indy's in free fall. Only other person who maybe can stake a claim for the full season of play besides Murray and Banchero now is Kessler. Who knows what that guy has in store but if Minny really wanted two centers they could have kept him and not traded half their team and picks for the rest of the decade.

Wild to me we can go 5-15 to finish the year AND STILL be above .500 on the season. For so damn long, we were just hoping to get a team that could even sniff .500. And we're well on our way to blowing right past it.
So many times I’ve looked at our schedule this season and thought “man, that’s such a brutal stretch”, forgetting the fact that now the fans and teams around the league are thinking that when they see us on the schedule.

I think it's Bam at 4 too, but I don't think his defense makes up for the massive delta in their offensive production. Bam isn't even close to Domas this year offensively or on the glass.

AD has an individual statistical case, but his team sucks and he's missed so many games this season that he shouldn't even be in the conversation.
Yup. Hell, AD had like 3 or 4 rebounds today and his impact is not on the level of Sabonis. Not this season.

I was at this one. We definitely weren’t at our best but we found a way.

Takeaways

Kings

Fox is really really good.
Domas had the quietest 23-10-7 I’ve ever seen
Keegan is going to be special
Huerter was brilliant and idiotic
Davion is really making strides again
Even though Monk didn’t shoot well he and Domas’ chemistry is special
Lyles didn’t put a foot wrong

Clips

Westbrook still is a special player even at 34. He wasn’t why they lost at all.
I understand why Jamaal Murray wanted Bones out of Denver
Plumlee would have been a great add

Bonus

Free throws were unreal
We were much better at attacking the rim
Mike brown is a better coach than Lue

Shoutout to Macadocious for hooking it up with great seats !
That we did not go harder for Plumlee hunts me.Perfect back up for DS

Status
Not open for further replies.