[Game] Kings vs. Bucks 3/13/2023 7p PST/10p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murray just isn't playing consistent ball right now. He couldn't make his 3s and was starting to get targeted on defense. Barnes was also getting targeted by Middleton, but at least Barnes brings more to the table on offense than an off-shooting night Keegan. I'm starting to suspect his PT goes down as we near the season unless he gets himself out of his slump...

Old age question with Keegan, if he's not making his 3pt shots, what else is he bringing to the table?
To be fair, I’ve been seeing Barnes get a lot of free passes for getting his doors blown off on defense. Idk how nobody is calling this out

You feel bad for Lyles, he had a tough shooting night and game, and felt raw about. He just lost it.
Kings got pushed around a little bit.....I was wondering if Brown might put in Monk for offense, but he left Lyles in who was hustling and rebounding well.

Huerter with one of his most lethal games of the season not enough. Tough to lose a game in 45s, but that's what happened - Kings lost focus on offense which led to easy leak-out buckets for the Bucks to close out.

I think I can explain what we just saw:
Trey Lyles, realizing that indeed the NBA refs fix games in order to maximize viewership, intentionally starts a beef with the Bucks in order to get the Kings favorable calls all the way through the Western conference finals. The man's a genius!

Last edited:
Murray just isn't playing consistent ball right now. He couldn't make his 3s and was starting to get targeted on defense. Barnes was also getting targeted by Middleton, but at least Barnes brings more to the table on offense than an off-shooting night Keegan. I'm starting to suspect his PT goes down as we near the season unless he gets himself out of his slump...

Old age question with Keegan, if he's not making his 3pt shots, what else is he bringing to the table?
Keegan is a rookie. He's seeing a lot of things for the first time and is currently going through the longest season of his life. He'll be ok. This experience will make him a better player next season.

You feel bad for Lyles, he had a tough shooting night and game, and felt raw about. He just lost it.
Kings got pushed around a little bit.....I was wondering if Brown might put in Monk for offense, but he left Lyles in who was hustling and rebounding well.

Huerter with one of his most lethal games of the season not enough. Tough to lose a game in 45s, but that's what happened - Kings lost focus on offense which led to easy leak-out buckets for the Bucks to close out.
Lopez tried to bully him too. Welcome to pro sports. Lopez will remember that next time. The finals rematch will be a fun one.

To be fair, I’ve been seeing Barnes get a lot of free passes for getting his doors blown off on defense. Idk how nobody is calling this out
I agreed, Barnes isn't that great defender. He's above average. He doesn't have the length and strength to bother someone if they're taller than him. I think Brown should go with Kessler guarding Giannis....at least Kessler can make him work. Barnes is the type of defender that let you back him down and do whatever you want...which is not going to work. I know nobody can guard Giannis but at least with Kessler...he has better footwork...i think.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Not to mention he shot more 3s tonight than Steph curry
I thought he and Murray and Barnes deferred too much to Sabonis tonight. Fox in particular needs to take advantage of every open court possession and ram it down their throats. I'm hopeful we'll see more of a "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" mentality from Fox in the future on these big games.

I agreed, Barnes isn't that great defender. He's above average. He doesn't have the length and strength to bother someone if they're taller than him. I think Brown should go with Kessler guarding Giannis....at least Kessler can make him work. Barnes is the type of defender that let you back him down and do whatever you want...which is not going to work. I know nobody can guard Giannis but at least with Kessler...he has better footwork...i think.
Above average is a big stretch imo. A lot of back pettling as of late and getting powered through. Something I thought would change considering he’s been primarily at sf

Genuinely curious: can ANYONE is the league do ANYTHING to slow Giannis one-on-one? A healthy Brow? Jarrett Allen? Draymond back in the day?
AD would be out a month after the aggressiveness Gianni’s plays with, Allen doesn’t have the quickness, and I think Gianniss still bullies green down low

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kessler would have been absolutely eaten alive by Giannis. He was getting outcrafted by Khris. He may have upside, but he’s a project. He isn’t no stopper yet, despite the Phoenix game.

Defense is clearly over rated
Haha, truthfully it's almost non existent these days. The Bucks even learned that a few years ago. When they stopped trying to be the best defensive team is when they won. They did turn it back on the playoffs that year though. That said, the Kings have proven this year they need to be somewhere in between terrible and average to make it work against the real teams.

I think I can explain what we just saw.
Trey Lyles, realizing that indeed the NBA refs to fix games in order to viewership, intentionally starts a beef with the Bucks in order to get the Kings favorable calls all the way through the Western conference finals. The man's a genius.
Bucks were ahead by 4-6 points late in the 4th, maybe some 5-6 minutes left to play. During the looooooong time out i checked the box score and Bucks were 17-21 from the line, Kings 9-13. Did Domas earned a trip to the line today? I don't remember.
Yep, we were ahead by 13 or 15 in the second, but didn't sustain the lead.
Bucks are good btw, especially with healthy and rested Giannis.

Man, now that I thought about it...why didn't the Kings play zone defense since Giannis is going off? I don't remember Kings playing any zone at all? Wouldn't that have stopped Giannis a bit if you play zone? The Warriors play pretty good defense on Giannis and Brown was with them...so I am sure Brown should know a thing or two on how to defend Giannis.

He'll help but the Kings defensive woes are partially a flawed system. It's like how Keegan got pulled on those 3 point shots from Middleton early. How was that any different than Huerter leaving that same corner open? People can cherry pick isolated defensive stats all they want without context and make it look positive but the result is what it is. PPG isn't anything if the pace is high, but those opponent FG%'s don't lie.
This game is also further evidence that offense in the nba is elite and even the best defense can’t stop it. The Bucks are the best defense in the game and they allowed 124 points. We as fans are bashing our own team for playing allegedly no defense and somehow the Bucks get a pass. What the games really come down to are elite shot making and timely stops.

Man, now that I thought about it...why didn't the Kings play zone defense since Giannis is going off? I don't remember Kings playing any zone at all? Wouldn't that have stopped Giannis a bit if you play zone? The Warriors play pretty good defense on Giannis and Brown was with them...so I am sure Brown should know a thing or two on how to defend Giannis.
Naw they played some zone. It didn’t matter Greek just powered right through. Was like he was playing with kids. We need another team to beat them

Bucks were ahead by 4-6 points late in the 4th, maybe some 5-6 minutes left to play. During the looooooong time out i checked the score-box and Bucks were 17-21 from the line, Kings 9-13. Did Domas earned a trip to the line today? I don't remember.
Yep, we were ahead by 13 or 15 in the second, but didn't sustain the lead.
Bucks are good btw, especially with healthy and rested Giannis.
Sabonis had 23 FGA without a single FT tonight. It was an extremely physical game. I really didn't mind the refs holding their whistle at all. The flow was pretty good and I felt like they let both sides play. The only weak call was the one where Keegan got pushed into Middleton on the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.