[Game] Kings vs. Bucks 3/13/2023 7p PST/10p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the Kings and Bucks played a really good game. A good game from the Bucks will beat a good game by the Kings at this time.

Kings missed a lot of easy shots in the second half, especially at the beginning of the third when they saw seperate 9 point and 8 point leads evaporate in less than a minute.

They needed more offense from the bench and from the starting forwards to beat a Milwaukee team that is on.

Bench was pretty lackluster outside of Trey and Monk in the first half. Offensively non-existent in the second half. I still want to see Kessler out there. He plays D, can play in the flow, and he isn’t afraid to shoot. Yeah he bricked them all today but no point turning on the only guy on the roster that can bring what he brings. Some nights he’ll make those shots and his stints have mostly been positive.

Keegan needed to have a better game. Had a lot of good positions to score but couldn’t put it in the hole. had a rough game and then had some bad lapses defensively in the second half.

Great games by Domas, Fox and Huerter.

Defense lost this game. I feel we were just trading baskets, Davion and Edwards needed to be on the floor even though Edwards missed a couple of shots.

Can't go 100% on offense all the time. Bucks did whatever they wanted on offense.

In the playoffs you're going to need to defend, good lesson for them I hope
The Kings will be an interesting case. How far does the best offensive team and bottom 5 on defense go? It'll be fun either way.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Because that iso ball is what playoff ball comes down to, mark it down, it always does. Or at least the players that can feed themselves usually get served first and last. My guess is Domas and Fox were spent. They played the whole 4th and Fox has kind of been gassing out the last few games as it is.
There's no reason Fox shouldn't have gas in the tank. He's had a TON of games off from maternity leave, a wrist, a hammy, and from the All Star break. I want more from Fox. I thought he could have been more aggressive pushing the ball in the 4th.

When are we gonna let Murray finish a game?
Murray just isn't playing consistent ball right now. He couldn't make his 3s and was starting to get targeted on defense. Barnes was also getting targeted by Middleton, but at least Barnes brings more to the table on offense than an off-shooting night Keegan. I'm starting to suspect his PT goes down as we near the season unless he gets himself out of his slump...

Old age question with Keegan, if he's not making his 3pt shots, what else is he bringing to the table?

Because that iso ball is what playoff ball comes down to, mark it down, it always does. Or at least the players that can feed themselves usually get served first and last. My guess is Domas and Fox were spent. They played the whole 4th and Fox has kind of been gassing out the last few games as it is.
Brown was trying to get Lopez out of the paint. Lopez was messing everything up.

I think with someone like Edwards their top potential definitely got higher, I really don't know.
He'll help but the Kings defensive woes are partially a flawed system. It's like how Keegan got pulled on those 3 point shots from Middleton early. How was that any different than Huerter leaving that same corner open? People can cherry pick isolated defensive stats all they want without context and make it look positive but the result is what it is. PPG isn't anything if the pace is high, but those opponent FG%'s don't lie.

There's no reason Fox shouldn't have gas in the tank. He's had a TON of games off from maternity leave, a wrist, a hammy, and from the All Star break. I want more from Fox. I thought he could have been more aggressive pushing the ball in the 4th.
He's playing both sides of the ball though and that does matter. Playing an insanely high pace on both ends has it's drawbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.