[Game] Kings vs. Bucks 3/13/2023 7p PST/10p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is also further evidence that offense in the nba is elite and even the best defense can’t stop it. The Bucks are the best defense in the game and they allowed 124 points. We as fans are bashing our own team for playing allegedly no defense and somehow the Bucks get a pass. What the games really come down to are elite shot making and timely stops.
True and why did the Bucks win? They rode two of their stars to the top and made plays. That's it. Domas kind of disappeared and Huerter stepped in to fill the void. But, if that's what happens then you really have to get stops somewhere along the line. Riding different role guys night to night is only usually possible if you have like those Lakers dynasty teams where former MVP level players come to ring chase. This team ain't there yet.

The Bucks, 76ers, Celtics are tier one. I think we can argue the kings are in tier 2. And that isnt a bad thing.
I knew the Kings always have problem with length. Next year...they should focus and draft lengthy guys that can disrupt the other bigs. It's not just Giannis, what about Embiid? What about Jokic. We have no one that can stop them.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Fox has to realize that getting people in foul trouble is just as important as scoring. 12 3s is way too much. Even if he’s making them
Well, refs gotta start actually calling those fouls.

I totally agree btw, but you have to wonder if the constant no-calls lead to him jacking more 3s than he should.

I'm talking the entire season in general, the reffing was irritating tonight, but the better team tightened up in the final minutes of the 4th.

Can't wait until we get more respect from the refs though haha

I knew the Kings always have problem with length. Next year...they should focus and draft lengthy guys that can disrupt the other bigs. It's not just Giannis, what about Embiid? What about Jokic. We have no one that can stop them.
Yea but who do you replace is the key? At this point I’m not sure. Everyone has there nights

Man, now that I thought about it...why didn't the Kings play zone defense since Giannis is going off? I don't remember Kings playing any zone at all? Wouldn't that have stopped Giannis a bit if you play zone? The Warriors play pretty good defense on Giannis and Brown was with them...so I am sure Brown should know a thing or two on how to defend Giannis.
Kings played all sorts of different defensive schemes, definitely including some zone.

If the Kings are switching from "make the playoffs" mode into championship contending mode, then we need to be able to manage the Greek Freak. The coaches tried everything, this may be a GM McNair strategic problem rather than a Coach Brown tactical problem

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He's playing both sides of the ball though and that does matter. Playing an insanely high pace on both ends has it's drawbacks.
He played both sides of the ball tonight. A couple of games ago was a different story where he showed up for one quarter. People have got to stop with the "baby Fox" stuff. He's a grown man that doesn't need to be babied at this stage of his career. When the playoffs start he's got to play both sides of the ball from the opening tip like everyone else.

Well, refs gotta start actually calling those fouls.

I totally agree btw, but you have to wonder if the constant no-calls lead to him jacking more 3s than he should.

I'm talking the entire season in general, the reffing was irritating tonight, but the better team tightened up in the final minutes of the 4th.

Can't wait until we get more respect from the refs though haha
Norm I’d agree. But we got very favorable calls vs suns just last game. I think we are starting to get some calls. Just gotta stop jacking up 3s. I don’t mind 3s btw but it should be inside out

Sabonis had 23 FGA without a single FT tonight. It was an extremely physical game. I really didn't mind the refs holding their whistle at all. The flow was pretty good and I felt like they let both sides play. The only weak call was the one where Keegan got pushed into Middleton on the 3.
Sabonis had 23 FGA without a single FT tonight. It was an extremely physical game. I really didn't mind the refs holding their whistle at all. The flow was pretty good and I felt like they let both sides play. The only weak call was the one where Keegan got pushed into Middleton on the 3.
Monk called for traveling while somebody kicked his leg...
I don't mind refs holding the whistle either, but it has to be 50/50. In such close game, couple wrong whistles make the final difference.

He played both sides of the ball tonight. A couple of games ago was a different story where he showed up for one quarter. People have got to stop with the "baby Fox" stuff. He's a grown man that doesn't need to be babied at this stage of his career. When the playoffs start he's got to play both sides of the ball from the opening tip like everyone else.
Just saying, but you know Fox did star it up tonight regardless right? Also, people aren't seeing some of what he's been doing on defense lately. A few games back he was switching onto Julius Randle. And holding his own might I add. It's not babying, it's just what it is.

True and why did the Bucks win? They rode two of their stars to the top and made plays. That's it. Domas kind of disappeared and Huerter stepped in to fill the void. But, if that's what happens then you really have to get stops somewhere along the line. Riding different role guys night to night is only usually possible if you have like those Lakers dynasty teams where former MVP level players come to ring chase. This team ain't there yet.
I think you could make an argument they won because of Middleton (most would consider a second tier all star type) and Lopez ( an elite role player). Giannis was dominant most the game but not necessarily the end and Jrue was a non factor

Giannis is a damn monster and it's not even fair at times. But, that's life and you have to throw the kitchen sink at him. Don't injure him, but bust him up. Make him think twice if he drives the lane, even if he's going to do it again. Get in his face, double him, make him uncomfortable.

As for Lopez, the man has evolved his game and major props to him. Also a beast. But, he needs to realize that being animated, loud, and popping your eyeballs out doesn't intimate everyone. Good for Trey for showing the Bucks and the rest of the league that you can't just walk over us. Hopefully the NBA doesn't suspend him for this scuffle. Brook escalated by getting in his face, so you do what you have to do.

Fox need to work on his free throw man...he doesn't seem consistent to me. Even Sabonis is better than him i think...Sabonis doesn't seem to miss when he's at the line. But FOX? Nah. When it comes to technical foul...Fox shouldn't be shooting it...I rather see Sabonis. Tonight, Fox wasn't that clutch...turning the ball over twice in crucial time. And I think he doesn't go to the basket that much...keep shooting 3s. He should attack and focus on his bread and butter play. Yes, he did attack...but I just feel it's not enough. Look at Giannis...he attacks every opportunity he get...that's what Fox should be doing...

Kessler would have been absolutely eaten alive by Giannis. He was getting outcrafted by Khris. He may have upside, but he’s a project. He isn’t no stopper yet, despite the Phoenix game.
I don't know. Hard to make any solid judgments after a game against the Bucks. That Bucks team was wearing the Kings down. Barnes is a vet and he was getting targeted play after play.

I think you could make an argument they won because of Middleton (most would consider a second tier all star type) and Lopez ( an elite role player). Giannis was dominant most the game but not necessarily the end and Jrue was a non factor
The thing is though the turn didn't happen in the 4th, it was the 3rd. The Kings only scored 25 points. Middleton took over late. Barnes tried to get something going but it wasn't enough.

Let’s give fox a break tonight. He’s the most clutch player in nba this year. Freak is most dominant player in nba right now. Was a good game. There is a reason they are in 1st.

Celtics will take them out then we can take out the Celtics in a better matchup

We ain’t doing that ref crap that was probably the best reffed game I’ve seen in 3-4 years expect for that crowder flop which was probably the only flop of the game
The only ref crap you can call out is why is the same play a foul in the 2nd half and not the 1st? Almost no calls 1 half, all calls the 2nd.

That one play where Kessler guarded Giannis he got swallowed. Davion came over to ghost double Giannis in the post and not a chance.
Edwards is a good defender, but he gives up 4 or 5" to Antetokoinmpo and additional wing-span. The Kings played pretty good defense in the 2nd Quarter, but not up to the Suns game level of defense (10 steals!!) in the 2nd half. In what seems to be a ritual against decent or better competition, they have a poor or very poor 3rd quarter. Hard fought loss, move on - no reason to be too upset. Final score not indicative how close the game was. Time to focus on the Bulls.

Wow Murray out of the starting lineup? I can’t condone that.
I don't mean taking Murray out of the lineup....getting a better defensive player doesn't mean he will start over Murray. He may play at special occasion like Mitchell coming in for defense. If Murray is struggle and can't guard nobody...that's when you have to do something. Barnes can't guard Giannis and nobody can...but that's why I say next year, Kings should draft guys or look for guys that are lengthy or at least can be a disruptive force. Giannis advantage is his length...never mind about his other skills. But we don't even have the length....

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Just saying, but you know Fox did star it up tonight regardless right? Also, people aren't seeing some of what he's been doing on defense lately. A few games back he was switching onto Julius Randle. And holding his own might I add. It's not babying, it's just what it is.
I want more. Just like Brown. Why? Because I see where he can do more. You look at his stats and it's what you want from your All Star. But I'll tell you one more thing that I wanted from him tonight as a point guard - I wanted him to set a faster pace in that 4th quarter. He's got to force the issue at times. He was just too cautious or too passive at times. Maybe it's because he's too cerebral. I want him to tap into the "F-it, I'm taking this mutha to the basket, period," type of mentality. The Bucks needed to feel his speed in the 4th and I don't think they ever did. They played at their pace and the Kings played at the Bucks' pace, which made it too comfortable for the polished Bucks' team against the relatively unpolished Kings' team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Fox need to work on his free throw man...he doesn't seem consistent to me. Even Sabonis is better than him i think...Sabonis doesn't seem to miss when he's at the line. But FOX? Nah.
Not saying that Fox should be content with his free throw shooting, but he is shooting a career high from the line this season, a .031 improvement over his previous career high (.781 versus .750), so it seems like he has been working on it. And no, the numbers do not support the claim that Sabonis is better at the line than Fox (Fox .781, Sabonis .768).

Fox need to work on his free throw man...he doesn't seem consistent to me. Even Sabonis is better than him i think...Sabonis doesn't seem to miss when he's at the line. But FOX? Nah. When it comes to technical foul...Fox shouldn't be shooting it...I rather see Sabonis. Tonight, Fox wasn't that clutch...turning the ball over twice in crucial time. And I think he doesn't go to the basket that much...keep shooting 3s. He should attack and focus on his bread and butter play. Yes, he did attack...but I just feel it's not enough. Look at Giannis...he attacks every opportunity he get...that's what Fox should be doing...
You've got to be kidding me with this crap.

Ok, so you're complaining about Fox and FT's when he shoots 78% for the year? Why, because he missed 2 FT's tonight? So did Malik Monk. And he's an 89% shooter. Where's the complaining about him? SMH.

Not only that, you completely wreck your rant session by lobbying for Domas as a foul shooter when he shoots a lower percentage than Swipa, at 76%. In what universe does that make any sense whatsoever?

Furthermore, you're dogging Swipa for not being "clutch" tonight when he scores 35 points 13/23 shooting and 5/12 from 3? And 13 points scored in Q4 on 5 for 7 shooting? You point out the couple of turnovers, but nary a mention of the turnover he forced off Kris Middleton?

Again, in what universe does any of this make sense??

The KINGS lost tonight because they allowed Giannis too many easy, virtually uncontested shots in and around the paint -- which allowed MIL to stay in the game the 1st half -- then had to withstand a Bucks team that just couldn't miss a perimeter shot the 2nd half.

They didn't lose because Fox missed two freaking FT's or made a couple turnovers. I mean, he had 3 turnovers for the game and 2 steals. There's no way to spin this as a bad game. I mean, WTF were you actually watching tonight?

Even if you had the remotest of points, you still feel it's appropriate to trash Fox over one game when he's the clear runaway favorite for clutch player of the year??

I.DON'T.GET.IT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.