[Game] Kings vs. Blazers, 1/9/21 7pm PST, 10pm EST

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We're way too willing to switch our bigs onto McCollum and Lillard. That's easy mode for those two guys.

Henry Turner

what he said: "The Kings are going to have to pick it up on the defensive end"

what he's thinking: "This guy can't coach"

The beauty of covid:

Kings piping in crowd noise of "D-Fence, D-Fence" whereas, if there WAS a crowd, they would be chanting, "Luke Must Go, Luke Must Go"

How do we get from the defensive focus, hustle, and team energy of the first three games to whatever THIS is?? What the heck happened? Where's the pride, and on our home floor?? Whatever the answer is, its probably behind the scenes.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
All I care about is a top 5 pick and a good coach next year. someone who knows how to teach guys to defend the 3.
It actually looked like we did know how to defend the three for about two weeks at the start of the season. We've since tumbled back to the bottom in Defense Rating. Fox and Hield look frustrated every minute they're on the floor. Portland is using screens to force a switch (actually that's being generous, it's more like they're politely requesting a switch and we're obliging) and then taking the mismatch one-on-one and we have no answer for it.

It's embarrassing to watch the team play like this. We match up well with Portland in talent but other teams have figured us out on offense and defense and we're not adjusting. Maybe someone should tell Luke Walton that you are allowed to watch tape of your opponent before the games as well.