[Game] Kings vs. Blazers, 1/13/21 7pm PST, 10pm EST

The Rex schemes Clippers had a tendency to over help on the switch last year too. Of course they had Kawhi and PatBev so it usually worked out.
They also disappointed big time when the games mattered, haha. We should say that a lot of teams do that. Joerger did it too. The thing that usually hampers Walton is that he does it, as you said with "different" players, but also with 3 guards that don't have the size/length at all perimeter positions to recover or switch. He played Robinson more so that's a bit of plus in size but again, he's not a true combo. He's a traditional wing so you have a traditional team basically with Barnes at the 4 being the only real small ball mismatch type.

Well I just salvaged this night by replying to a Blazer fan on facebook:

My response: You don't watch many Kings games.
I think most teams are simply kidding themselves. There are too many super teams and one that just formed today that will either boom or bust in the highest order and magnitude possible. Covington was a great get for them. Also, they are playing smaller more effectively now so good for them as well.

The better Marvin plays, the quicker Luke buries him on the bench. I'm starting to think there may be some pettiness there.
I still think it comes down to Luke trusting Holmes more at this point. And as much as I like the way Marvin has played lately, I want Holmes in there when it counts. Marvin will get his shot, I think he is progressing nicely since the incident and seems to be rounding out his game.

I think most teams are simply kidding themselves. There are too many super teams and one that just formed today that will either boom or bust in the highest order and magnitude possible. Covington was a great get for them. Also, they are playing smaller more effectively now so good for them as well.
I would rather be where they are than where we are but since I gotta live here at least 10 more years ...

The better Marvin plays, the quicker Luke buries him on the bench. I'm starting to think there may be some pettiness there.
I think Walton is a fairly terrible coach but I don't think he's petty. He's desperate. When his butts on the line he's going to find a Cory Joseph or similar role player to carry him through. It's his MO. No doubt about it. Cory Joseph can fail on D all night but as soon as a Buddy Hield or Marvin Bagley do something wrong it's all over for them.

The unfortunate thing is the Kings have multiple players to whom this description could apply.
Yea I remember hearing jerry saying he stepped down as coach since ownership wasn’t trying to be serious to keep good players and win. There was this one player in particular he was talking about tho. At least it looks like the team is trying to keep players around nowadays

I still think it comes down to Luke trusting Holmes more at this point. And as much as I like the way Marvin has played lately, I want Holmes in there when it counts. Marvin will get his shot, I think he is progressing nicely since the incident and seems to be rounding out his game.
Walton has to remember though, TALENT WINS. Walton is playing a very short game right now and he has to, that's his career arc. This is why having holdover coaches that live and die with every play can really hinder your development as a team and players development.

I like that in the news thread there's already a link to what we learned in tonight's loss. Wonder at what point in the 4th quarter they had gotten that ready to file? Before or after we lost the lead?

I should probably spend more time watching college basketball.

I always thought it was Sarunas Marcilonis who gave the Kings that extra push to make the playoffs that season but I was just a kid. He couldn’t have been that great if they traded him that offseason for the corpse of Abdul Rauf. I went to both home games and still have my Rattle Seattle sign.
He was kind of the heart and soul of that team. Rauf was maybe a better player but the anthem incident I don't think he was ever going to recover from.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What hurts most is I'm pretty certain he never had a good game after that series and was promptly out of the league.
Didn’t the Knicks back up the Brinks Truck for him that offseason or something?

I remember he made an appearance at the the Jack in Box on Bradshaw and Folsom. I was only like six at the time but that was a large large human being.

Last edited: