[Game] Kings vs 7akers 7PM Pacific, 10PM Eastern (11/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kings up 66-52 with 9 minutes to go in Q3.

They score 26 over the next 21 minutes against a bad defensive team. And allow a near 40 point turnaround.

Only this franchise.

Honestly, for most of the past 15 years I know a massive scoring drought is going to happen each game. Just guessing when. It‘s almost always due to shot selection and poor decision making,

There’s simply no excuse for it. None.

Last edited:
The Kings are a bad team with a few “good” players and a couple of promising youngsters. Otherwise, they have too many role players, no stars, no leader to speak of, and no one that seems to perform consistently on both ends of the floor. The group generally lacks toughness, poise, and a winning mindset. It’s time to dismantle this collection of misfits. Continuing mediocrity is not something to strive for.

For context, the 1995 Kings team is levels better than this team. And no one even mentions that team. Ever.

Edney, Mitch, Walt, Brian Grant, Polyniece.
Bench: Sariunas, Wahad, Owens, Causewell, Simmons, Funderburke, Smith.

Mitch is a hall of farmer and Grant was on his way to being a near all star level player. Sariunas = bad knees Bogi. Walt was ahead of his time.

I second this. I feel that if we swapped entire rosters, say with the Pacers, the Kings would still be terrible and the Pacers would continuously make the playoffs comfortably.
As illogical as this theory may seem to be, I believe in it too.

It’s akin to kings players underachieving and/or not living up to expectations in SAC then going elsewhere and their supposed weaknesses and shortcomings suddenly vanish.

Is he going to go to the local Y to "find players????"
No kidding. And he's already chambered the "I'll find someone else" round before, and it was a blank then, just as it is now. Find who? You better find more than 9 shots for De'Aaron freaking Fox coach because it is what it is, that's the way out if there is one. The fact that he's had to go there with the passive aggressive shots twice in this short time period is a bad sign. This is why he should have got this spot last season when they could have had a summer to work things out roster and system wise and start fresh. Monte let the stink of rotten leftovers linger too long. Now Gentry is just pulling the fire alarm and smashing any glass that reads "Break in case of emergency". Can't totally blame him either because it's a tough spot to be in but this is just turning into his run with the Pels at this point haha.

The Kings are a bad team with a few “good” players and a couple of promising youngsters. Otherwise, they have too many role players, no stars, no leader to speak of, and no one that seems to perform consistently on both ends of the floor. The group generally lacks toughness, poise, and a winning mindset. It’s time to dismantle this collection of misfits. Continuing mediocrity is not something to strive for.
Good, bad, whatever, they are a team with exactly 3 people that can square up a defense and generate a shot out of it consistently, Fox, Barnes, and from outside Buddy. If they are actually trying to win, Gentry better be coming up with a system that is based around that. Not the same Walton "team" basketball garbage. You can't allow teams to shut your offense off like a faucet because you're running plays for players who can't handle simple pressure or double teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.