[Game] Kings vs 7akers 7PM Pacific, 10PM Eastern (11/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
More interested in December 15, the opening of "trading season," than anything else. I'll watch the games for fun and giggles, but nothing will change until there is massive personnel change on this team.

LBJ is out, so maybe it won't be enough fun for them to play hard tonight. We'll see. The Kings are a sick team, and I don't mean that in a good way.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
More interested in December 15, the opening of "trading season," than anything else. I'll watch the games for fun and giggles, but nothing will change until there is massive personnel change on this team.

LBJ is out, so maybe it won't be enough fun for them to play hard tonight. We'll see. The Kings are a sick team, and I don't mean that in a good way.
I wouldn't get my hopes up if Montes tenure follows the same path it has. I think they'll just end up giving Gentry a full season and they'll do the typical fringe moves if that. I hope not because Monte at least needs to be aggressive trying to find wing depth or creating cap space to get it this summer.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't get my hopes up if Montes tenure follows the same path it has. I think they'll just end up giving Gentry a full season and they'll do the typical fringe moves if that. I hope not because Monte at least needs to be aggressive trying to find wing depth or creating cap space to get it this summer.
If management continues on the same path, then yes, there is no point to even look to see if they make a trade or not. At this juncture I'm not willing to go down that linear path, however. If the trade deadline comes and goes with only a minor trade, say Buddy for Mr. X., then I give up. I'll have to find another team to follow. Monte needs to make a blockbuster trade, probably involving Fox and several others. It's time to pull the plug. No more tinkering. If Walton tells Fox to run, and he doesn't, what do you do? You fire Walton and give the job to Gentry. Now Gentry tells Fox to run up the floor and Fox gives him and everybody else the big finger and jogs up the floor. No X and O scheme or minor personnel change is going to solve that.

This is Monte’s window. I give him a 33% chance of making it to the end of year 3. Sit on his ass, do no trades? Gone before the end of next season. Do sideways trades, gone before the end of next season. Do a major roster over haul, he’ll get a 4th year.

You gotta know when to hit, Monte. Trade every player tied to Vlade.

He hasn’t really been here long enough for us to be familiar with any trends or patterns though. Let’s see what happens

Dude who dropped 250k on this game in Vegas probably having drinks in celebration
This is now the 3rd time I have had tickets to a game that Lebron James is supposed to play in, so my son can see him live, that he is not going to play in. Like that's good for the Kings, but I got to see Mike once, I saw Lebrons first ever game, my son still has never seen him live. This sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.