[Game] Kings vs. 76ers 10PM ET 7PM PT

Sigh. People again don't know how to watch that.

Noel got whatever he wanted because Cousins had to guard two men everytime Smith blew past our perimeter people. Cuz steps up, Noel moves to the hoop, easy dunk.

That's not primarily on your big man. Either a) your perimeter guys have to keep penetration to a minimum, or b) there has to be backside rotation to keep the big man's guy from the easy catch when he steps up.
I guess Cousins is just perfect then. No reason to blame him for anything, like not running back when Noel does and gets easy baskets from hustling down the court.

I want Cousins, Rudy, Rondo traded for young pieces/picks. Build around WCS/Ben/ talent we would get back. Collison, Casspi, Koufos, Bellinelli as your vets to mentor the young players. Karl can stay to finish out his contract if he wants while we look for the next coach of the next era. Get guys with high character, team players.

But being realistic and reading Karls quotes, he knows he may have coached his last game.

Ben can kick rocks too. He hasn't done ****. If we're hitting the reset button, lets go all out. He can go milk his "potential" on someone else's dime.

James Ham ‏@James_Ham 2m2 minutes ago
"We have too many offensive players and not enough defensive players. We don't have enough guts to make stops." -George Karl
This is hilarious considering how he used wcs when he was healthy and his preference in running 2 and 3 pg lineups. He's just saying what he knows people want to hear. The proof he cares will come in lineups and rotations not in words. Karl is as disengenuous as it gets. His players know it and we should as fans as well.

That's fine for us. If we could get there. It would get a 500lb gorilla off our backs, and make us a more realistic destination for free agents or coaches.
A 35 - 40 win team with a coach that has no future, a owner that spreads dysfunction, and a unproven GM doesn't seem like a situation that attracts anything other then the mid level pieces we got this summer. You're cap situation also isn't going to elevate you above the competition. With all that said I understand the logic of rolling with Cousins and gambling that you can find some diamonds in the rough that will get you to the next level, but if you're foundation with Cousins is this shaky then what's the point?

Last edited:
Cousins is a HOF center.

Even on his not best night he still chugged his way to 21-11. He didn't win this game, but he certainly wasn't why we lost it. He and Marco were undynamically slogging along making a game of it, but no help ever came.
HOFers are winners. Cousin, nor anybody on this team right now, are winners. People have said that DMC is so emotional because he just wants to win and gets frustrated at this hamster wheel of a franchise, and yet when the team is actually in a position to take over the 8th spot and push up a weak conference, what do we see? Do we see smart, heady play from a vet? Do we see guys seize the opportunity and play with passion like hungry wolves? Do we see a guy who is leading his teammates in going after what he's desperately been seeking his entire career when it is right there for the taking? Cousin is a HOF talent, but is not a HOF player.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I guess Cousins is just perfect then. No reason to blame him for anything, like not running back when Noel does and gets easy baskets from hustling down the court.
Those would be on him, but on several of them Cuz was mugged and to the ground on the other end of the floor. No way for him, or anyone, to get back in time from that position.

And its got nothing to do with Cuz. That's just basketball. Any team, any level. If you see a big man show big on a penetrating guard, and then his man get an alley oop behind him that's really not on him, unless the penetrating guard is so offensively inept that the big is not supposed to challenge him.

Watch good defensive teams play and what you'll always see is the forward on that side of the floor step down in to cut off the passing angle.

And actually when you see that, it normally open the corner three, so the forward has to try to spin back and recover if a skip pass is made. At which time the big's job is to get back and remake contact with his big cover, and fight him for a potential board.

Its jsut the way the game flows. By far the best idea is just not to have your guards get blown by in the first place. From there its a cascade failure.

I

Im Still Ballin

I've just seen enough of Cousins and can't see the success we all want with him leading the charge. He just can't handle adversity of any kind.

Wait. Did you as a Kings fan just criticize our fearless leader and perfect GM, Vlade Divac? Cmon man, he was apart of those teams that almost won a title!
From day one I hated the hire. His main qualification has always been his name. Even Vivek could sell that to fan base that hated him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
A 35 - 40 win team with a coach that has no future, a owner that spreads dysfunction, and a unproven GM doesn't seem like a situation that attracts anything other then the mid level pieces we got this summer. You're cap situation also isn't going elevate you above the competition. With all that said I understand the logic of rolling with Cousins and gambling that you can find some diamonds in the rough that will get you to the next level, but if you're foundation with Cousins is this shaky then what's the point?
People seem to want to snap their fingers and *poof* a shiny new contender appears, but its unlikely.

make the playoffs, get the monkey off your back, a little exposure. your players gain trade value as they are no longer members of the sad sack Kings. people listen more to the coach, The offseason plans involve guys looking ahead and thinking time to take the next step. You give Cuz status, and Rajon regains status, and maybe you recriut somebody. But none of that stuff is possible for a 20-something win team.

HOFers are winners. Cousin, nor anybody on this team right now, are winners. People have said that DMC is so emotional because he just wants to win and gets frustrated at this hamster wheel of a franchise, and yet when the team is actually in a position to take over the 8th spot and push up a weak conference, what do we see? Do we see smart, heady play from a vet? Do we see guys seize the opportunity and play with passion like hungry wolves? Do we see a guy who is leading his teammates in going after what he's desperately been seeking his entire career when it is right there for the taking? Cousin is a HOF talent, but is not a HOF player.

It makes you wonder, why are they not stepping up? Why aren't they playing hard, knowing they are so close?

Is it because everyone is playing in an offense that they know is not working? Imagine doing something that you know is not going to work everyday because your boss keeps insisting.

Remember, its not only Cousins that is lacking that hunger and energy lately.