[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Wednesday, March 11 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its likely they will quarantine until the playoffs and they will take the standings as is
Based on what has happened, the league has to shut down for 14 days until no new case reported among players and staff. After that, they can consider playing behind closed door. I think there is enough time to make up the 14 days as long as you squeeze the regular season into more back to back and delay the draft for a week.

What playoff race? I mean, MAYBE there will be playoffs, but if there's any regular season left at all, it won't be enough for us to make up 3.5 games.
The fact remains, and I know how much you love facts, we didn't lose the playoff race. We can't miss the playoffs if it doesn't happen.

So let's face it, we didn't miss the 2020 NBA Playoffs. Let's celebrate... in our respective homes.

Last edited:
The fact remains, and I know how much you love facts, we didn't lose the playoff race. We can't miss the playoffs if it doesn't happen.

So let's face it, we didn't miss the 2020 NBA Playoffs. Let's celebrate... in our respective homes.
Unfortunately being a lifelong kings fan and knowing how the nba works. Whatever they finally decide on how the season will end, there’s a 99% chance the kings will get screwed.

Unfortunately being a lifelong kings fan and knowing how the nba works. Whatever they finally decide on how the season will end, there’s a 99% chance the kings will get screwed.
We were playing some amazing basketball in the past month. Had we play that way all season, I bet we'd be the 5th or 6th seed in the Playoffs.
So until we get screwed (because we are the Kings so obviously we will), let's just enjoy the fact that we have a great team playing amazingly.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Has there been indication the games will be canceled as opposed to postponed?
No, but scheduling issues would be significant. Perhaps the only hope would be that most venues would presumably have to leave the playoff portion of their seasons unscheduled until playoffs are out, so there might still be some flexibility, but if they extend the regular season they'd probably have to cut the playoff series down (5 games? 3?) to get the playoffs done before other scheduled events start.

Realistically it’s only going to be worse a month or two from now I can’t really see them re-starting the season before then. If anything they might decide to end the regular season with the standings now they are, start the playoffs in May(rough to start playoffs after two month layoff), and have the playoffs with no fans in the stands like they are doing for March Madness. Outside of that I think they would just end up scratching the whole season if things aren’t better going into summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.