[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Wednesday, March 11 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kings are going to have a tough time defending the Pelicans. They play up tempo and chuck up a lot of 3 pointers so they need to slow the tempo down a bit or find a good quarter of defensive intensity to kind of build a lead

I’m tired of all the “must-win” drama. Yes, we need to win all our remaining games. But it’s not going to happen. We’re going to lose a few. Lose a few too many and it’s over. But there’s no ONE GAME that is either “we win it or it’s over.” That’s called an elimination game. What we have is a slate of games and we need to win as many as possible.

I’m tired of all the “must-win” drama. Yes, we need to win all our remaining games. But it’s not going to happen. We’re going to lose a few. Lose a few too many and it’s over. But there’s no ONE GAME that is either “we win it or it’s over.” That’s called an elimination game. What we have is a slate of games and we need to win as many as possible.
If we are going to lose a few, we cannot lose this game because the Pels will hold the tie breaker against us in case of a tie. Hence, a Must Win Game!

Interesting take on Zion from Mister Holmes:

Tetsujin - Feel free to start a second game thread and I'll merge the two. (I just couldn't let this pass, especially with the Barkley-Green comment. ;) )
As much as I appreciate his insight and effort in starting the game threads, he’s 0-2 in our last 3 games when he started a game thread. Let’s just keep yours and see how we do :p

If we are going to lose a few, we cannot lose this game because the Pels will hold the tie breaker against us in case of a tie. Hence, a Must Win Game!
And how do you explain that we've already lost some of these "must win" games and, yet, here we are? I just think some people like to make it all dramatic because it creates excitement for them. And, more power to them. Get yourself all worked up about it and believe the sky is falling if we lose. But I get enough excitement just living one game at a time, and wanting us to win each one, but knowing that we aren't likely to win all of them.

And how do you explain that we've already lost some of these "must win" games and, yet, here we are? I just think some people like to make it all dramatic because it creates excitement for them. And, more power to them. Get yourself all worked up about it and believe the sky is falling if we lose. But I get enough excitement just living one game at a time, and wanting us to win each one, but knowing that we aren't likely to win all of them.
i dont know what "must win" game we lost. since the all star break we beat the grizz 2x, and portland. Those were must win. We also beat the teams we were supposed to beat. We lost to OKC, the sixers and the raptors, all of which are playoff teams that i personally had down as scheduled losses. Should we have beaten the sixers down 2 allstars or the raptors whom we had on the ropes til the very end? yeah but no one should consider those must win games. The must win games are the teams in the playoff race like memphis, pelicans, portland and san antonio because they move us closer to the 8th seed and moves them further back. I guess to a lesser extent any team with a sub 0.500 record are must wins too because those are teams that we should beat and helps us get closer to that 8th seed. If we happen to beat denver, LA or dallas, thats great but not really expected in my book.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
To have any chance at the playoffs, the Kings MUST win. This one game is everything.

Without Bagley, the Kings probably don't have the athletic talent of NO in this game. Zion, Ingram, Hayes, Holiday, and Hart are an athletic bunch. Therefore, to win the Kings must play better basketball than the Pels - fewer turnovers, more assists, and higher basketball intelligence all the way around. If they do a blown defensive coverage, it could be the difference. If they don't always get back on D, it could be the difference. They can't do stuff like double teaming Favors in the post and leaving open short corner 3s. That will be death. They've got to be totally on in this game. And of course, they better hit their 3 point shots. I am happy to say the Pels don't have Redick for tonight's game. That leaves Ingram, Ball, and to a lesser extent, Holiday as their 3 point shooting marksmen. Yes, Ball, is shooting near a 40% clip over the last 18 games or so from the line. Fox and Co. must take him seriously with his outside shooting.

It's great that the Kings have Holmes back and Len available in this game. They might be able to offset some of Zion's power inside.

Kings don't match up well with the Pels, they are very athletic and long. For the Kings to win the game needs to be slower and the Kings have to be red hot from three. Fox and Bogi need to manage the half court sets well and get us good shots. I would throw Holmes at Zion, let him shoot from outside as much as possible.

Zion has been bullying his way into the paint. It will take physical defense and probably all 18 fouls of Mr Holmes, HG and Lensanity.

The Fellas will need to hit their threes to pull this one off!

It will interesting to see what Walton comes up with to stop the Rise of Zion. Maybe some overplaying and help. Maybe some Lensanity.
dare him to shoot. dont have to crowd the paint with everyone per se but just have him show us he can hit an outside shot, preferably a long 2.

Also when I watched the Pels last week Jrue and Ball played together. If Swipa is on Jrue then Bogi will be checking Ball. Should be fun to watch. Ingram can score in bunches as well

I hope everyone going to tonight’s game to enjoy it because like others have said a change is coming.
After the Utah game was postponed tonight if more of that happens the league will need to make some decisions.

Suspend the season till later or no fans at games. Who knows but something I suspect will happen very soon.

We need this one tonight so go Kings!!!

I am headed over to Gettysburg for a spell at a bed and breakfast as I may be spending a lot of time at home soon afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.