[Game] Kings v. Mavericks - Wednesday, Jan. 15 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good news? The storm held off until the game was over.
Bad news? The storm held off until the game was over.

Thanks to (most of) you for honoring the request to keep the thread about the game without the negativity. It's appreciated. Have a good night. I have a load of firewood to bring onto my porch before the storm hits with the predicted foot of snow by tomorrow evening.

GO KINGS!!

Well, it's another loss where they dig a quick hole and the response being late by 2-3 possessions costs them. Spend the rest of the game playing even but never quite digging back out. There's an answer there somewhere but I think the time for it may have passed on by, or at least those able to find it still can't see it. It's about that time to thinking about a new path forward.

That's it for Walton!!! I'm done with him especially on those triple teams on Luka.
If this was Dave, this will be a single coverage on Doncic and keeping the rest of his teammates scoreless.

I think Walton lost the team from pre-season with his off-court issues.
Give this team Igor and go full Balkan.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well, it's another loss where they dig a quick hole and the response being late by 2-3 possessions costs them. Spend the rest of the game playing even but never quite digging back out. There's an answer there somewhere but I think the time for it may have passed on by, or at least those able to find it still can't see it. It's about that time to thinking about a new path forward.
De'Aaron remains as strong a prospect as ever, it's just that the rest of the team has devolved into an oozing pile of garbage/ is hurt.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That's it for Walton!!! I'm done with him especially on those triple teams on Luka.
If this was Dave, this will be a single coverage on Doncic and keeping the rest of his teammates scoreless.

I think Walton lost the team from pre-season with his off-court issues.
Give this team Igor and go full Balkan.
Dave did plenty of doubling of Luka plus Luka was in worse shape last season and his teammates last season weren't as capable of shooting as this season's.

De'Aaron remains as strong a prospect as ever, it's just that the rest of the team has devolved into an oozing pile of garbage/ is hurt.
We’ll never know what this season could have been

Maybe 3-4 games under .500 If we stayed healthy the entire time? Idk. But two rotation guys constantly missing from the lineup is just ridiculous. This sucks

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Luke said at some point the team would start winning close games... Maybe next year?
If Holmes or Bogs had played, I think we win. It seems people tend to forget how few games we've played with a completely healthy roster. Very few teams can survive the constant change in rotations due to injuries.

Bottom line? We still almost beat them. If Fox hits his FTs, we win. If Buddy shows some shooting consistency, we win. If ... if ... if...

I just don't think there's an easy answer to a question that keeps changing.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I thought it was odd that Dedmon wasn't out there. Is he really worse than Bjelica on D? Bjelica has to score big efficient numbers to be a net positive; he's similar to Hield in that regard. If you have Hield and Bjelica in your lineup at the same time, you're in trouble on the defensive end, imo.

I thought it was odd that Dedmon wasn't out there. Is he really worse than Bjelica on D? Bjelica has to score big efficient numbers to be a net positive; he's similar to Hield in that regard. If you have Hield and Bjelica in your lineup at the same time, you're in trouble on the defensive end, imo.
Nemanja is a pretty good team defender. Let’s just say Carlisle wasn’t targeting him all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.