[Game] Kings v. Mavericks - Wednesday, Jan. 15 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This thread will be closely monitored. It is a GAME thread. There are other threads for other discussions.
----------------------------------
Definitely out tonight for the Kings are:
Bogs
Holmes

Definitely out tonight for the Mavericks are: ???

Here's what Yahoo has to say about Porzingis:

Kristaps Porzingis (sore right knee) is being listed as questionable on the injury report, but he is expected to return from an eight-game absence on Wednesday vs. the Kings.

Advice: We'll get official confirmation on KP's status closer to tip-off, but it looks like he's safe to activate in season-long settings. He may have somewhat of a minutes cap in his first game back, but he should start, which will shift Maxi Kleber back to the second unit and Dorian Finney-Smith will lose some value.

There's no denying this is a tough time to be a Kings fan.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: I guess I need to be more clear. Articles about Luka, tweets about Luka, pictures of Luka, etc. DO NOT GO HERE. They can be posted in the Luka Doncic thread. The few remaining Kings fans who actually want to talk about the KINGS and tonight's game have sanctuary here in the game thread. In addition, the moratorium on scapegoating and player bashing, as mentioned in the previous game thread, continues tonight. Hopefully a word to the wise will suffice.

Last edited:
My predictions:

1. Fox beats Luka tonight.
2. If there is no time restriction, Bags gets a double double. He's better than any Dallas big--warts and all.

If the above two factors were the only factors, I would bet on the Kings. Plus the fact that I think Dallas is overrated.

However, I have no faith in Buddy being able to put together a net positive game. As such, I'm staying away. I do think this game will be close and Vegas seems to think the same with the 2 possession spread (aka a two turnover difference from Mr. Budddddyyyy Hield).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My predictions:

1. Fox beats Luka tonight.
2. If there is no time restriction, Bags gets a double double. He's better than any Dallas big--warts and all.

If the above two factors were the only factors, I would bet on the Kings. Plus the fact that I think Dallas is overrated.

However, I have no faith in Buddy being able to put together a net positive game. As such, I'm staying away. I do think this game will be close and Vegas seems to think the same with the 2 possession spread (aka a two turnover difference from Mr. Budddddyyyy Hield).
According to Sean Cunningham of CBS, Bagley DOES have a minutes restriction but they haven't said what it is...

I like the Kings’ chances tonight against the Mavs if:
- Fox can assert his dominance via dribble penetration;
- Bagley can operate effectively in the paint as he is capable of;
- Sacramento maintains a consistently sound defensive effort;
- Buddy and the rest of the team avoid silly turnovers.
Go Kings.

Personally I hope the Kings isolate Bagley on Luka and let him go to work. It’s not draft related but Luka is a poor defender and when he is defending he can’t grab a board and start the break. Making Luka spend effort on the defensive end is the key to beating the Mav’s.

I’m curious which King starts out defending Luka and which King Carlisle has Luka defend. As sactowndog said the key is making Luka work on defense.

I will also have an eye on the Refs tonight. Hope it is a fairly called game.

Im pretty confident in our chances if we don't come out flat in the first or third quarters, which we all know is our bad habit. Dallas seems to have a tough time against us, and they have no one that can guard or contend with Fox' speed/skill.

The way Fox is playing right now, we can beat anyone. Just need people like Buddy Hield to join the party

MOD NOTE: I guess I need to be more clear. Articles about Luka, tweets about Luka, pictures of Luka, etc. DO NOT GO HERE. They can be posted in the Luka Doncic thread. The few remaining Kings fans who actually want to talk about the KINGS and tonight's game have sanctuary here in the game thread. In addition, the moratorium on scapegoating and player bashing, as mentioned in the previous game thread, continues tonight. Hopefully a word to the wise will suffice.
But if we get blown out can we post pictures of Luka's mom in the babe thread?

Just send Luka to the line early, he has been missing FTs like Chris Dudley lately and is in his head about it. Get him off his game, he will tear some jerseys, and we will cruise to the glory land!*

*by 1 point, since the Kings have to play every game down to the last second no matter who they are playing

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What Mavs fans are saying:

*Luka recovers nicely from his subpar game last night to carry the Mavs on the road with another 30-pt triple double.

*The Kings are going to be a much tougher out than the Warriors, so I hope the Mavs bring their A-game!

*Caught a break with Bog and Holmes out. Holmes always seems to kill us-- I feel like I remember him playing well against with the Suns and even Sixers, like a lot of athletic bigs seem to.

*Yeah, and if we can keep Bjelica from turning into prime Dirk this time we should be good

Status
Not open for further replies.