• Brussel Sprouts

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Marcus Thornton's season

Votes: 30 66.7%

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
okay, this has become kinda ridiculous. you put that weak a rebounding unit out there -against the friggin Grizzlies!- and then you have them play zone? and what the hell was Cuz out of the game for? both JT and Cuz have two fouls, put them out there, unless you want to get eaten alive on the boards and in the paint. seriously, what gives?
I honestly think Malone wanted to save their fouls for the second half, hoping the team offense would improve...

I honestly think Malone wanted to save their fouls for the second half, hoping the team offense would improve...
yeah, that's a legit possibility, but the lineups without them have been digging far too deep a hole and it's been basically the Kings' bench unit plus GV and Luc versus their starters, which is just a recipe for disaster. gotta roll the dice there with the starting frontcourt, imo.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I think that was exactly it. He didn't put Jason in because he didn't trust him not to get his 3rd, and you will notice in the last 2 games, ever since Cuz picked up his 3rd with only a minute to go in the first half against the Nets, Malone has been pulling him with 1+min to go before half to make sure he has those extra fouls after halftime.

So the goal was just to survive until half, and then come out in the second half with both Cuz and JT with enough fouls to play freely, see if you can make a run. I have to half protest with JT -- smallball killed us last game and again we're tiny this time. But I do understand, and it is a valid coaching strategy.

I'm still happy that Salmons didn't start. It's the small victories that count for.....something. This team is going to start caving into itself if this continues for a few more games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
yeah, that's a legit possibility, but the lineups without them have been digging far too deep a hole and it's been basically the Kings' bench unit plus GV and Luc versus their starters, which is just a recipe for disaster. gotta roll the dice there with the starting frontcourt, imo.
We'll see now if they can fight their way back into this game. Not totally out of reach.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
We can definitely still catch up! Can't keep letting the Griz have a bunch of open shots, though. The team has to turn up the defensive pressure, like they have sometimes shown at the end of games.

K

KingMilz

That was nothing short of a awful moral killing shot by Cousins,come on we can get a better shot than that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BREAKING NEWS FROM COURTSIDE: The Little Princesses got DMC and IT to wave at them right before the start of the third quarter. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The one thing that you can hang your hat on, as a Kings Fan, is that Memphis isn't really a good enough team to run away with this game: here's hoping that Malone's decision to hold Cousins out at the end of the first half pays off.

The one thing that you can hang your hat on, as a Kings Fan, is that Memphis isn't really a good enough team to run away with this game: here's hoping that Malone's decision to hold Cousins out at the end of the first half pays off.
so once again we are getting demolished by a "not that good" team. gonna be a LONGGGGG year