[Game] Kings v. Celtics - 2/8/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last step boogie needs to get to his ceiling as a player. The ability to see the game.
You know all those silly hack/swipe fouls Cousins gets, alot of times in the backcourt. Those are the ones a Horford never gets, stands his ground and only reaches if the offensive player is clearly showing the ball.

Meaning as long as Joerger is being judged on wins he will battle to the death with the vets. Its gonna take an "executive order" saying your job is safe regardless of record, develop the young players.
Don't think it's that Draconian. I think Joerger already knows he's not going to be judged by his bosses oh how many games he wins. They are much beyond that by now. They are more apt to fire Cuz than Joerger if that were the sole criteria.

You know all those silly hack/swipe fouls Cousins gets, alot of times in the backcourt. Those are the ones a Horford never gets, stands his ground and only reaches if the offensive player is clearly showing the ball.
Yea that's just a small example of things he can clean up to become a better player. If it's a crucial possession and an opportunity presents itself sure. In the 1st quarter trying to steal the ball from a guard not so much. I honestly think some anger management would do wonders for him.

Meaning as long as Joerger is being judged on wins he will battle to the death with the vets. Its gonna take an "executive order" saying your job is safe regardless of record, develop the young players.
Based that he publicly stated at the beginning of season that development, not playoff, is his number one goal, and considering that both Divac and Cuz have his back, I do not see that he has to worry about anything.
Now if Vivek dares to remove all three of them, he will shoot himself in the foot.... again... he is not that stupid (fingers crossed) and that includes having garbage in his new arena for the next 2-3 years minimum with all the lack of profit it brings.

Developing young players is far from "toss them in the game".
Just being on the bench, practicing and being with the team is good for them without pressure of performing.
What would they learn if you give them extended period of game time when they are not ready except how to lose?

G

glassman

Well that took about 3 seconds for jaylen brown posting up D.C. One foot away from the basket.... coach super Dave!!!!

G

glassman

Not sure why, but it seems as though all of G1C is in some kind of stupor. No energy from the court or the crowd. Are those people real or CGI?
Well my guess is it's because we suck #1 we all want IT back #2 and no Cousins #3

G

glassman

We need to trade DC now... he's a great back up. But this needs to be Lawson's show. He's starting level talent... D.C. Is not and will never be... plus by starting ty he might be more willing to stay... we need talent. Not to lose talent for nothing.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BTW, Joerger battling to the death with his vets has nothing to do with his job security. Its the entire philosophy/culture he's instilling.

G

glassman

BTW, Joerger battling to the death with his vets has nothing to do with his job security. Its the entire philosophy/culture he's instilling.
I don't care about wins it's the stupid personal calls. If he ever gets common sense we will get more wins.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It feels as though the whole game is being played at 2/3 speed on a court covered with molasses.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'd rather battle with young guys hopefully developing as the season goes and win 25 games than battle with lousy vets and win 32 games. Does culture really matter when it's "We try really hard but we still suck"

Status
Not open for further replies.