[Game] Kings v. 76ers - Saturday, Feb. 2 - 10PM ET/7PM PT

A win doesn’t make a team bulletproof. You can’t disagree this team fouls too many three point shooters, can you?
They also threw the ball away a lot tonight. A lot of really poor BBIQ plays that had little to no chance.
I was watching with a friend tonight who hasn't seen them play much this season and I kept telling him they usually aren't TO prone considering the pace they play. But tonight was pretty bad.

yeah I know they have flaws. But.. when they got down 1 late, they did not crumble. That trumps everything for me.

I go to most games and that was wire-to-wire the best game of the year. team and crowd were awesome.

I just was over the moon with the effort and result for 48 minutes and I just can't wait to see what Marvin Bagley is like with a year of NBA experience and another 15 lb of muscle. I have nothing but great vibes now for the guys. Going into the game I felt like a longshot underdog but we punched them in the teeth. Superteam Just Young punked The Process and it was beautiful

There was some slop tonight that could've cost the Kings, but one must also admit they played more consistent defense in the 4th quarter.
Yes if their offense played better, it wouldn't have been close, but Cauley-Stein must by recognized for a good outing in rebounding and defense.
The high low with he and Shumpert late in the 4th against Butler forcing a miss was the play of the game for me. On offense with Hield shooting 46% on 3s, have him shoot 20 himself. Kings are not done yet, although they need to pick it up away.

I just can't wait to see what Marvin Bagley is like with a year of NBA experience and another 15 lb of muscle. I have nothing but great vibes now for the guys.
Yeah, I'm liking what I'm seeing from MB3.

IDK how many noticed, but numerous times in Q4 he was down in a defensive stance guarding Ben Simmons out on the perimeter. That's our 6'11", 19 year old PF we're talking about!

And he made numerous plays to help win a game against a top team from the East. Isn't that what everyone has been hoping to see?

I thought Bagley did a good job on him too, but it should be noted that Simmons doesn't really look to score at all. His season average of PPG is only at 16.9pts. Only attempts 11.9FGA which is in the middle of WCS and Bogdan for reference. Simmons is a killer instinct away from being a legitimate superstar...better than Embiid imo. But that's just me lol
It's pretty ridiculous how he's able to score as much as he does without even attempting outside shots.

Yogi the unsung hero yet again the guy despite his size brings a level of physicality no one else on the team does or is capable of he had numerous 76ers players flustered and lashing out including Butler/Simmons by pestering them, we don't need a back up PG we got one.

Joerger needs to take away some of Bogi freedom/green light to save him from himself, Buddy was lights out what a game.

It was a tough contest for our bigs because man that Philadelphia team has some talent down low. But we shouldn’t sell our guys short as our bigs played a big part in this win. bend but don’t break and they created enough havoc in the box themselves to keep us in the game.

Gotta give WCS some credit for this win as he played a pretty decent game. maybe Willie didn’t get those couple of rebounds late in the game but without his first attempt at the rebound Bagley might not of been in the position for the put back and Buddy might not of gotten that clutch rebound. And he was efficient enough on offense to be effective.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Relax. Norcal audience. It's a regional story. Plus we're going to be playing them soon. But... you do point to something, an alarming trend I've noticed that there was some attrition from the Kings fanbase during the recent ten year basketball recession in Sacramento, and people were becoming legit W's fans, even in Sacramento. There should be a city ordinance against that honestly.
I don't want to see Warrior news, Cousins' news, or Lakers' and Clipps' FA prognostications in a Kings' postgame. It was a dumbass Koz move.

Very impressive. Sixers have talent, but every time I looked at the score we were ahead.
Kings played some of their better defense. They rebounded.
Buddy and Fox were great. Marvin showed he can play against anyone when it counts. Willie worked hard. Shumpert did a lot of the dirty work.

The Kings at times become tentative passers. Fox in particular. We gave up too many fast breaks and have re-invented the 4 point play. The Kings managed to find a way to win. If they can clean up a few things. they can beat teams like Philly at home on a regular basis. This might be the best win of the year.

During my life I was a big jerry west fan when he was playing and followed the John wooden UCLA teams. I credit most of that because they were on tv a lot back in the days in ca.
But the only pro basketball team I have followed since the kings came to town are the kings. It’s been 20 years since I left California behind and the other pro sports and have followed the browns and Indians the last 4 years but the only way I would watch a regular season cavaliers game is if they played the kings.

The Cavs fans are leaving in mass since Lebron left but I still know some die hard fans. I really don’t hold it against anyone moving on or jumping on a band wagon as when the hype is up its exciting and that’s just the way it is.

I watch the fans excitement on tv now and wish I was there for the only way I stop being a kings fan is if they took them away from Sacramento.
Go Kings!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Remember, Koz spent some years covering the W's...and he's always liked Cousins...and I think it just might have been a little tweak at Napear. :p
He ended up tweaking me. It wasn't just about Cousins. It was Coz speculating on who the Lakers and Clippers could grab up in FA. That's just great. The Kings have the biggest win of the year and he's talking about how he thinks the Lakers and Clippers are going to get much better in FA. (Christie's face said it all). After the Kings beat the Spurs on Monday maybe he can talk in his post game about how the Lakers can get AD and get a high seed in the playoffs; if that doesn't float his boat he can talk about the Dallas/NY trade and how Dallas looks to be a top 4 team in the West next year.:rolleyes:

They didn’t play their best game last night but still won. It was good to see. The WCS/Marvin/Bogi combination lost us the 10 point lead in the 4th but Joeger went away from it and we pulled back ahead.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I didn't get to watch until a few minutes into the 2nd half (though I have the game recorded and will re-watch) but I thought Giles played well during the time I saw him matched up with Embiid. In fact, I didn't think Embiid did all that much against him. I saw enough to further believe in my previous statement that he can defend centers. Just wait until he gains experience and more strength.
We all see what we want to see...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
They also threw the ball away a lot tonight. A lot of really poor BBIQ plays that had little to no chance.
I was watching with a friend tonight who hasn't seen them play much this season and I kept telling him they usually aren't TO prone considering the pace they play. But tonight was pretty bad.
The reality of the situation is that the Kings are 12th in the league for the fewest turnovers, meaning there are 18 teams worse than us, many with better records than us, including the Warriors, and the Raptors. Considering the pace that the Kings play at, and the inexperience on the team, it's amazing that they don't turn the ball over more.

Now if you want to go out of your way to point out a period of the game where our play got sloppy, have at it. But we just beat one of the best teams in the NBA, and personally, I'm not interested in your negative analysis. I just want to sit here and enjoy the moment, without someone throwing water on my euphoria.

Yeah yeah, for those who will come to his defense and point out that it's perfectly OK for someone to criticize bad play. Well you know what, it's perfectly OK for me to criticize the person doing it. There's constructive criticism, and then there's just being negative. I'll tell you what being negative has ever accomplished. Nothing!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
So Giles didn’t do well against Embiid? Because that’s certainly not true...
I thought he battled as well as possible, but he had considerable help. The Kings doubled and sometimes tripled on Embiid. There is no way on god's earth that Giles could guard Embiid one on one and survive. That's not a knock on Giles, who I love by the way, but Embiid is just too big and strong for him. Hell, Embiid may be to big and strong for almost anyone trying to guard him. He's a hell of a player. I find it amazing that no one wants to mention that Willie did a dam good job on Embiid for the most part and held him to just 2 pt's in the 4th quarter. But Willie had help as well.

Basically, it was a team effort. If you want me to critique Giles, I can. He has to make sure he keeps Embiid out near the perimeter and not allow him to set up under or near the basket. He needs to fight for better position and constantly front him, not allowing him the ball. Willie did a good job of making sure that when Embiid got he ball, he was out away from the basket, and Willie did an excellent job of denying Embiid the ball. No one is perfect, and no one is going to stop Embiid, and it has to be a team effort on a player like him.

I could see the kings game plan to double team their two bigs as soon as possible. Our 2nd unit out scored the rest of the Sixers besides the big three.
It’s hard to stop the stars of the game but hey we made them work on both ends for it. They were actually lucky we didn’t beat them by 20 by forcing things in the 4th and letting them back in. But that will improve with experience.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I think this is the most I've ever liked Willie. The game, the interview, the shades... I'm digging all of it. Have a plan, be about the team not getting stats, and follow through. It's one thing to talk about it and its another to be about it and he backed up the talk on the court in this game. Way to go Willie! :cool: Play like this again tomorrow night and the Spurs are going to have a rough time.

The reality of the situation is that the Kings are 12th in the league for the fewest turnovers, meaning there are 18 teams worse than us, many with better records than us, including the Warriors, and the Raptors. Considering the pace that the Kings play at, and the inexperience on the team, it's amazing that they don't turn the ball over more.

Now if you want to go out of your way to point out a period of the game where our play got sloppy, have at it. But we just beat one of the best teams in the NBA, and personally, I'm not interested in your negative analysis. I just want to sit here and enjoy the moment, without someone throwing water on my euphoria.

Yeah yeah, for those who will come to his defense and point out that it's perfectly OK for someone to criticize bad play. Well you know what, it's perfectly OK for me to criticize the person doing it. There's constructive criticism, and then there's just being negative. I'll tell you what being negative has ever accomplished. Nothing!
You got me wrong, Baja. I also think you missed the follow up post where I stated that I'm quite happy with the win.

The post you've quoted was in response to someone that was pointing out a negative. I was trying to show that I don't have blinders on and can acknowledge that they were far from perfect. Furthermore, I also stated that I told a friend that the turnover fest wasn't at all typical for this team, especially considering the pace they play. It wasn't at all intended to be a debbie downer post. My apology that it came off that way.

I fully agree that this was a tremendous win and I am very excited about it (although I admit I was pulling out hair during the game).

While I do get frustrated with the team from time to time, I think you'll discover I'm not one to pollute the board with negative crap when the KINGS win. I'm not even all that tough on them when they lose.

I appreciate your feedback, though. And I don't mean that sarcastically, as I've always appreciated reading your thoughts and opinions.

Last edited:
I thought he battled as well as possible, but he had considerable help.
IMO doesn't matter that he had help. As you acknowledged, players of Embiid's caliber can't be guarded one-on-one. But Harry did well considering. The fact that Coach Joerger had confidence to put Harry on Emiid tells me he believes he can do it too. While he didn't get a ton of minutes, I saw him lose Embiid on the other end and nearly had a highlight move and dunk.

I'm quite happy with the development I'm seeing out of both H20 and MB3 at this point in time.