[Game] Kings v. 76ers - Saturday, Feb. 2 - 10PM ET/7PM PT

bajaden

Hall of Famer
You got me wrong, Baja. I also think you missed the follow up post where I stated that I'm quite happy with the win.

The post you've quoted was in response to someone that was pointing out a negative. I was trying to show that I don't have blinders on and can acknowledge that they were far from perfect. Furthermore, I also stated that I told a friend that the turnover fest wasn't at all typical for this team, especially considering the pace they play. It wasn't at all intended to be a debbie downer post. My apology if it came off that way.

I fully agree that this was a tremendous win and I am very excited about it (although I admit I was pulling out hair during the game).

While I do get frustrated with the team from time to time, I think you'll discover I'm not one to pollute the board with negative crap when the KINGS win. I'm not even all that tough on them when they lose.

I appreciate your feedback, though. And I don't mean that sarcastically, as I've always appreciated reading your thoughts and opinions.
Point taken, and I apologize if I came on too strong. Believe me, I do get frustrated, and yes, with Willie, but I try and keep everything in perspective. By that, I mean just what are my expectations for each and every player. For instance, I fully expect Bagley to be a far better player than Willie in a couple of years. Some would argue that he's better now, but really he's not. He's just more talented, but lacks Willie's experience and makes little mistakes that he won't make in a couple of years.

I have high expectations of Giles as well, but he's a little behind Bagley in the progression dept. I think it's important we don't get our expectations mixed up with reality. To think Giles is ready to start at center is wishful thinking, and not reality. To be honest, as I've said before, I think both Giles and Bagley are better suited to the PF position, and I think Bagley is closer to being a SF than he is a center. Matter of fact, I can visualize a line up of Fox, Buddy, Bagley, Giles, and Willie. Now that may be wishful thinking on my part. Or not!

Team defense is how you win in the NBA. The Kings are figuring it out quickly. They helped each other constantly and that is the only way to slow down players like Embid. Butler and Simmons are the real deal.

To think Giles is ready to start at center is wishful thinking, and not reality.
Agree completely. No chance he’s ready to start now. Unlike some, my expectations of H20 were very tempered to start the season.

My recent take on him is more prognostication. I believe he has the potential to defend and play against centers. But he needs to fill out and get stronger. I’m talking 2-3 seasons down the line. But I still like what I’ve seen this season in terms of his confidence. A couple months ago, I felt he had almost no confidence in his ability to get above the rim (understandably) but that seems to have changed. I also believe his passing ability is already far above average with the potential to be special.

I also have been a long time defender of Willie Trill. I think I you and I were among the few for a long time. While his lack of rim protection has bothered me at times this season, I still appreciate his ability to help and guard smaller players. He should still be the KINGS starting center, no doubt.

Lastly, I also agree that MB3 is further along than H20 despite only being 19. I think that’s pretty clear. He’s becoming one of the more important players on the team right now.

Bagley was trash to start but he picked it up at the end to help us pull this out. Career high minutes for the youngin'
If Joerger is not going to start Bagley but play him in crunch time most nights, I don't have a problem with it. I don't know how many times Bagley has been in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, but you can count them on one hand. The reason to start Bagley is because (1) he is awesome and (2) so he can be on the floor for 30+ minutes and it is easier to do so when he is not on the bench for the first 5-6 minutes of the 1st and 3rd. Otherwise to get to 30 MPG you are playing him longer stretches with a minimum 2-3 minutes of playing time for his sub. It's awkward but maybe the coach can make it work. Bagley played 38 minutes vs TOR with Bjelica out-rest and 34 minutes vs GSW. 33 minutes vs the 76ers was his third most minutes.

I think this is the most I've ever liked Willie. The game, the interview, the shades... I'm digging all of it. Have a plan, be about the team not getting stats, and follow through. It's one thing to talk about it and its another to be about it and he backed up the talk on the court in this game. Way to go Willie! :cool: Play like this again tomorrow night and the Spurs are going to have a rough time.
He played well because he did something he rarely does which is not try to go one-on-one with disorienting moves that result in junk. As a result he was 8-9 FGs. There is no reason Willie should not be a 60% TS% with the shots he gets in our offense. He is 55.5% TS% ticking up lately. This is mildly encouraging but I would trade him in a heartbeat in trade package for Otto Porter or Marc Gasol.

I didn’t want to taint the thread with negativity, but Jackson/Giles.. I’m finally at the end of my rope with Justin, and the team needs another wing now with the way Shump/Jackson are playing. Giles hype is outlandish now IMO. He may compete, but he needs to show more agility in defending weak side/space, and he needs to be showing a tad more that I feel comfortable penciling him in with Fox/Buddy/Bagley (not even speaking of the hype that’s been going around these two years)

I didn’t want to taint the thread with negativity, but Jackson/Giles.. I’m finally at the end of my rope with Justin, and the team needs another wing now with the way Shump/Jackson are playing. Giles hype is outlandish now IMO. He may compete, but he needs to show more agility in defending weak side/space, and he needs to be showing a tad more that I feel comfortable penciling him in with Fox/Buddy/Bagley (not even speaking of the hype that’s been going around these two years)
Yea you're def right about Giles. The hype has gotten ridiculous. I think he'll be a good player, but I see his peak as an above average rotational big/occasional starter. He's flashed some major upside so I could be wrong, and I hope I am. Right now though I don't see this all star potential that others are seeing.