[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers - Wednesday, April 10 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main issues with Joerger are that he never runs pick and roll and he outright failed to get his team to beat a zone defense, which is pathetic at this level. I'm starting to think there's a much higher chance he isn't here next season than that he stays.
The zone defense pretty much made it so the Kings season went from probably falling short of the playoffs to pretty much abysmal to close out and wondering how they ever won 39.

Brooklyn exposed the Kings had no idea what to do against the zone except settle for long threes, over pass, or dribble into traffic. Ever since that game it seems the book was out on them. Kings didn’t adjust and didn’t even matter who they played or the individual talent the Kings have. As a group they can’t navigate through a zone.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sorry, what you posted is not accurate. Bagley, Bogey, Brewer, Farrell all played at the start of the 4th when we were leading and didn’t come out til the 5 min mark when we were down 5pts
What you're saying isn't quite accurate either in that Bagley or Brewer both didn't start the 4th quarter, Yogi got subbed out for Bagley when he came back in and then came back in for Troy 3 minutes later and then played off the ball for the rest of the game.

The thing is that none of our players that matter going forward played in an actual lineup we'd use in a real game past the end of the 3rd quarter. Now you can argue semantics but there is pretty pretty much no argument to be made that Caleb Swanigan, Frank Mason, or Troy Williams are going to see much time on the court next season and all three dudes played most of the 2nd half.

Are people gonna keep making excuses for our coach? I really wanna know

Not all his fault but come on now
What are we exactly blood thirsty for here again???

We're up about 30 points... and he pulls the starters out... was that like his fatal mistake??? and a real coach woulda been telling them to run it up to 50 and play like their life is on the line?? i dont get it??

is this what u wanted him to do? the sweep the leg pep talk instead of pull the starters?

Speaking of smug jerks....

Joerger IS a smug jerk. Putting aside whether or not he should be fired, he's a smug D-bag and I don't like him. It's the same irrational dislike I had for Nik Stauskas who I thought was a smarmy ***. I wouldn't want to have a conversation with Dave Joerger or really be in the same room as him.

Last edited:
I thought the Kings talk about getting the 40 wins of the year before the game....what the hell? If they really want to win, then play the starters more minutes and have no mercy. In this league there is no mercy. I seen guys beating the crap out of another when they see a player injured. I seen teams taking advantage of another because a certain stars was out. It makes no difference if Portland had their superstars or not...Kings should have put their starters in and win the damm game. First of all, what IS THE POINT of resting starters? THIS IS THEIR LAST GAME. It's not like they're in the Playoffs and resting them lol.

The thing that i am upsetting is that I want Portland to lose so that the Rockets will remain at #3 seed to avoid Golden State in the 2nd round. Now, the Kings screwing up everything. Rockets should be facing Thunder in 1st round and Nuggets in 2nd round. It makes me hate the Kings so bad. I am not just a Kings fan, but a Warriors fan too. So this makes me hate the Kings...for not just this game. Almost every freaking game in this entire season, they tend to play up to their opponents' strength...no wonder they lost so many close games. They probably lost more close games than any team in the entire league...it's pathetic!! And I believe the King's coach have a LOT to do with it....i wouldn't mind getting him fire, shoot. Yes, sure he change the style suited to the team with Fox running the show, but he also did a lot of stupid things during games that hurt the team as well (not to mention saying stupid things outside the court)....such as making dumb substitutions, playing players way too much minutes when they shouldn't be playing. Or having their player getting exploited in mismatch and doing nothing about it until it's too late. This guy should be fired imo. I don't care what people think. There are better coaches suited to De'Aaron Fox game. In fact, I don't think he utilize De'Aaron's skills that well during game. He basically handicapped his game and makes him pass the ball or share the ball more than develop into an explosive players like Russell Westbrook with his speed and penetration. He basically want him to play more like Mike Conley...which is fine but Fox has way more potential than Conley.

Last edited:

We're up about 30 points... and he pulls the starters out... was that like his fatal mistake??? and a real coach woulda been telling them to run it up to 50 and play like their life is on the line... i dont get it??
I think this is just the last straw for most. Starting off strong and crapping the bed down the stretch should be our motto. We did it with the season. We did it in games. Either our players dont/won't learn or the coach isnt coaching them. If your leader doesn't care enough to win for the team or the fans, why should the players? I remember a game this season when Pop blew a gasket cuz his team wasn't playing up to his standards and that was after they won the game. Culture matters

I feel that Joeger gave the finger to the Kings and to Vlade.

Instead of gift wrapping a 40 win season and the pretty low 14th pick to Boston, he drops the Kings into a tie for the 12th pick. Incredible.

There is absolutely no reason to rest the starters in the last game of the year, when you don't own your own pick. They have the whole off season to rest. Joeger obviously didn't give a care about resting the starters in last year's finale.

I think Joeger wanted to lose this game. We are going to see the repercussions very soon.
God some of you....seriously.

I'd be absolutely furious if Fox/Buddy/WCS/Barnes were playing this 2nd half with a 28 point lead in a meaningless game. Joerger's fault that Yogi and Mason are the 4th and 5th guards on the team? Joerger's fault that the team doesn't have depth? What's he supposed to do?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm not going to be surprised if Joerger is gone. That was the biggest diss I've ever seen from a coach - a purposeful loss in the final game of the season. Joerger said in his presser that the starters were up by 25 when they went out of the game [when he took them out of the game] and they should feel good about that. Really??? Since when have you heard a coach say the starters should feel good about a loss, especially the last game of the season that should have given them 40 wins? And what about the fans, Joerger? I guess you didn't care enough about us to go for 40. What a bitter pill to take for the very last game of the season. Napear said this game was "inexcusable." He used that word three times. "Inexcusable." If we take him literally, then Joerger is going to be the one excused from this organization.

We're up about 30 points... and he pulls the starters out... was that like his fatal mistake??? and a real coach woulda been telling them to run it up to 50 and play like their life is on the line?? i dont get it??

is this what u wanted him to do? the sweep the leg pep talk instead of pull the starters?
The Cobra Kai were a model of excellence

Why even play any starters after we were eliminated from the playoffs then? Just forfeit the games so no one gets hurt. I mean those games are meaningless too right?
No because development matters for young guys. Don't try and move the goalpost.

Tell me what this team would gain from playing the starters in the 2nd half with a 28 point lead against the 8-13 men of the Portland Trailblazers.

I'm not going to be surprised if Joerger is gone. That was the biggest diss I've ever seen from a coach - a purposeful loss in the final game of the season. Joerger said in his presser that the starters were up by 25 when they went out of the game [when he took them out of the game] and they should feel good about that. Really??? Since when have you heard a coach say the starters should feel good about a loss, especially the last game of the season that should have given them 40 wins? And what about the fans, Joerger? I guess you didn't care enough about us to go for 40. What a bitter pill to take for the very last game of the season. Napear said this game was "inexcusable." He used that word three times. "Inexcusable." If we take him literally, then Joerger is going to be the one excused from this organization.
God, I'm sick of Joerger's stupid platitudes after our many horrible, embarrassing collapses. Please tell me more about the exciting learning opportunities that they learned nothing from.

God some of you....seriously.

I'd be absolutely furious if Fox/Buddy/WCS/Barnes were playing this 2nd half with a 28 point lead in a meaningless game. Joerger's fault that Yogi and Mason are the 4th and 5th guards on the team? Joerger's fault that the team doesn't have depth? What's he supposed to do?
Um. This is the last game of the season. They have 6 months to rest.

Last year with the draft lottery on the line, Joeger played all his starters in the last game to win a “meaningless game”.

These are grown professional atheletes. I think the starters could had managed 12 more minutes of play going into the long off season.

Um. This is the last game of the season. They have 6 months to rest.

Last year with the draft lottery on the line, Joeger played all his starters in the last game to win a “meaningless game”.

These are grown professional atheletes. I think the starters could had managed 12 more minutes of play going into the long off season.
So once again.

If Fox tears his ACL 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter of this game, you're fine with that? Up 20+, playing the literal end of the Trailblazers bench? These minutes were so valuable to the core and our future that we should have risked injury to keep them in?

No because development matters for young guys. Don't try and move the goalpost.

Tell me what this team would gain from playing the starters in the 2nd half with a 28 point lead against the 8-13 men of the Portland Trailblazers.
Same reason you gave. Development matters. Develop a winning culture. I see no difference between the last game of the season vs the 3 or 4 games before.

Grant AND Christie are not very happy.
There were so many decisions this 2nd half of the season that had both grant and Christie just flummoxed and sometimes more than ticked off.
Doug is annoyed that a team that plays matador defense in the half court and relies on forcing turnovers and running NEVER show full court pressure even in times when defensive urgency seems like a complete no brainer. Doug has been setting the stage for the Kings to show full court in fourth quarters all year and Dave has left him hanging all year.

I think Grant just hit a breaking point. That was a collage of everything wrong with the Kings in 24 minutes. A crash course on how the Kings have managed to blow three second half leads of 25+ this season and countless more of 15+. This is my problem with the game as well. How even what is meaningless and somewhat lighthearted turned into a sleepwalk into utter humiliation and one last bludgeon to the head of things that annoy you about your favorite team.

Dave has done so much that Grant couldn’t shill for post ASG and Grant cared about getting 40 wins..he knows a lot of the fans cared. He came out thinking Dave didn’t. I’m pretty sure that pedestal is broken.

Same reason you gave. Development matters. Develop a winning culture. I see no difference between the last game of the season vs the 3 or 4 games before.
So this is achieved beating the 8-13 guys on the depth chart for the Blazers? Get out of here with that nonsense. Yeah, Fox is really going to take his game through the roof next season because he played in a 28 pt blow-out against Gary Trent JR and Skal Lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.