Kings trading pick!

How about Golden State's Monta Ellis to Kings for #7 and Thornton (plus maybe Garcia or Udrih)? Kings get W's #11 which is one pick before Utah at #12 (where they have Fredette targeted) which allows Sac to still get Jimmer or even possibily Leonard. Yippee!
Isn't Thornton just as good as Ellis though?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If Golden State thinks so they might do the deal. If Kings think so they probably don't, although by swapping picks it allows Kings to surely add either Fredette or Leonard - plus maybe shed some other contracts (Beno or Cisco).
Ellis would create massive problems alongside Reke. And not of the good kind. That's not happening. Its especially not happneing since Thornton is a free agent, remember guys? Trying to trade a free agent is generally frowned upon.

That better not be the deal. Seriously, possibly one of the worst deals in franchise history, and that's saying something. I refuse to believe it's true. It makes absolutely no sense.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Someone posted this on twitter.

Per Bruce Drennan- Cavs deal with Sacramento is Sessions+32+cash for 7+Garcia . Cavs could take Thompson at 7

Bruce Drennan is a Sportscaster from Cleveland. don't know if its true.
Again, nothing about it I like. I don't want Sessions at all and wouldn't be happy giving up Garcia OR the 7th pick for him, let alone both.

I don't see this move making the team better. And I'm wary of any deal that puts cash in the Maloofs pockets since it just makes me more suspicious that they are doing deals to stay afloat financially rather than improve teh team.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
There's sense Kings could be leveraging Spurs with leak of possible deal in place for 7th pick. Kings don't want Jefferson in Parker deal

Isn't Thornton just as good as Ellis though?
Ellis is twice the player Thornton is. But he's also smaller I believe, and takes more unnecessary shots.

I have a bad feeling about this. I'll be ok with Parker, Parker/RJ, Hill, Smith, AI or players of that caliber. I will NOT be ok if its Sessions or Felton or Miller. But keep in mind the possibility that a trade does not have to be announced while we are on the clock. It can be announced later tonight. Isn't it theoretically possible to have a sign and trade deal in place for when FA begins (if it begins at all), where we would simply draft for the other team and then announce the trade in July?

What if it were Parker for Casspi, the 7, and Beno?
That's a solid deal, even though I'm not convinced Parker and Evans would work too well together. Still, it's an upgrade in talent and would probably help our team.

Unfortunately, the rumours seem to indicate that GP is intent on messing up the whole good thing we've had going the last few years.

L

LWP777

Ellis would create massive problems alongside Reke. And not of the good kind. That's not happening. Its especially not happneing since Thornton is a free agent, remember guys? Trying to trade a free agent is generally frowned upon.
It seems like every player that is mentioned in trade possibility will create "massive problems" playing alongside Reke. Parker, Iggy, and now Ellis. Maybe it's Reke that has the problem. Name some players that WILL fit in next to him.

Ellis is twice the player Thornton is. But he's also smaller I believe, and takes more unnecessary shots.

I have a bad feeling about this. I'll be ok with Parker, Parker/RJ, Hill, Smith, AI or players of that caliber. I will NOT be ok if its Sessions or Felton or Miller. But keep in mind the possibility that a trade does not have to be announced while we are on the clock. It can be announced later tonight. Isn't it theoretically possible to have a sign and trade deal in place for when FA begins (if it begins at all), where we would simply draft for the other team and then announce the trade in July?
I'd take thornton over ellis any day. Just say no to mopeds.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I've backed Petrie for a very long time. He's made missteps as anyone in his position would, but on the whole I think he is a very good GM. But I would absolutely NOT support him making that move. Mediocre, vastly overpaid SF, aging PG with a recent injury history and a TON of miles on his legs and giving up nearly all the team's caproom to do it.

If Dalembert really wants out it hamstrings the team's ability to sign a replacement after locking up Thornton. There's no part of that rumor that appeals to me.
and TP lost Eva!!!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The fact that the media says we're trading the pick probably means we're going to keep it. This is Petrie we're talking about after all.

I think Parker would be a great addition for the Kings; he has a couple good seasons left, seems like a good character guy, and a leader-type. Something the Kings have been lacking since Bibby left.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It seems like every player that is mentioned in trade possibility will create "massive problems" playing alongside Reke. Parker, Iggy, and now Ellis. Maybe it's Reke that has the problem. Name some players that WILL fit in next to him.
Point taken and that's the way it reads. However, 5 years from now we may be saying anyone can play next to Tyreke. It's up to him and how he develops his game. Also, in the draft, I don't see a starter anyway.

Only reason I mentioned Kings and W's talk is it was mentioned on SI.com Golden State is dangling Ellis out there wanting to move up to get a big man they don't think will be available at #11. Then while listening to Bay Area sports talk radio this morning I heard there some chatter about swapping picks #7 and #11 - not to mention a host of other scenarios.

L

LWP777

I think Parker would be a great addition for the Kings; he has a couple good seasons left, seems like a good character guy, and a leader-type. Something the Kings have been lacking since Bibby left.
Really? So you consider somebody who cheats on his wife with a former teammate's wife a good character guy?