Kings to make offer to Marcus Smart?

Should Kings make the offer to Marcus Smart?

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From the article:
Smart has a limited restricted free agent market with teams lacking cap space and the Celtics widely expected to match any reasonable offer.
Key word there is "reasonable"...If Vlade truly wants him, he's gonna need to go all in.

I hate us sometimes. Roster construction isn't rocket science, but we seem to be completely against making smart (pun intended) roster decisions. We have the money, we have pieces that would interest a title contenders bench (as expirings). Let them take their pick of Koufos, Temple, WCS, Shumpert and send Smart to us for $13-15 mil.

I don't get how we can give Lavine $78 mil, but not offer the same (or probably less) to get a better player?

That position would seem tolack any real support, whereas the post-mortum of the past two off seasons seems to establish a pattern of baseless stories leaked to the press by agents to enhance playres barginging position while the signings/offers that Vlade does make are generally kept under wraps. All things being equal the best predictor of current or future behavior is past behavior.
I don't claim support - it is merely a hunch - but It is easier for me to believe that Marcus Smart doesn't want to play in Sacramento than it is for me to believe that the Kings don't want him.