Kings @ Thunder Game Thread, 3/2/10, 5 p.m. P.S.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawes needs to change his testosterone patch.
WOW !! NO TRUER WORDS EVER SPOKEN! :mad: Just never jumped for a rebound. He NEVER left his feet! Watch the replay and see! Hawes makes a TOKEN effort at rebounding. He sort of kind of lunges at the ball. He even touches it on occasion as the other team takes the rebound and scores at the other end.

AND, when has Hawes E V E R hit a jumper in the fourth when the game is still in contention? How about N E V E R ! He doesn't have the competitive spirit that the other players have. He has the balls of a humming bird! BB's !! Just no toughness at ALL!

Last edited:
I would have liked Tyreke to take that three... Almost every other team in the league with a superstar finds a way to give it to that player... we can't. I don't care how poor of a shooter Tyreke is. History shows that the superstars shooting ability tends to be better in clutch situations. For instance, Lebron would have hit that shot cisco tooke 90 times out of 100.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I would have liked Tyreke to take that three... Almost every other team in the league with a superstar finds a way to give it to that player... we can't. I don't care how poor of a shooter Tyreke is. History shows that the superstars shooting ability tends to be better in clutch situations. For instance, Lebron would have hit that shot cisco tooke 90 times out of 100.

Cisco's shown he has some clutch in him though, and that's a natural shot for him, while its stil a low percentage heave for Reke. If we needed a two, yeah.

Its time for a big man. We aren't going to show drastic improvement until we get one. We have the money. lets do it. I know its not that simple... but we have to get it done.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Its time for a big man. We aren't going to show drastic improvement until we get one. We have the money. lets do it. I know its not that simple... but we have to get it done.
That card is getting pretty frayed at the edges. The Kings lost to a team with superior quickness at several positions. It's certainly not all on Hawes.

Cisco's shown he has some clutch in him though, and that's a natural shot for him, while its stil a low percentage heave for Reke. If we needed a two, yeah.
I'm glad found someone who can actually hit those kinds of shots. But sooner or later Tyreke is going to be the one taking those shots every single time. Whether we need a 3 or not. The Lakers wouldn't get anywhere if that past it to Vujacic every time they needed a long range bucket.

That card is getting pretty frayed at the edges. The Kings lost to a team with superior quickness at several positions. It's certainly not all on Hawes.
No, not ALL on Hawes... but he does just enough of the little things WRONG that cause teams to lose basketball games. Kings need a real center.

Spencer "The Mirage" Hawes strikes again. He'll give you a glimmer of hope to only disappear when you need him the most. Two games before this he looks like a decent rebounder then he comes back to earth in games like tonight and took as many 3 pointers as rebounds. I really want to like him but he needs to show some damn consistency.

Anyways.. still a solid effort tonight from the Kings. It seemed like we were completely dominated yet took it to a solid Thunder team on their own court. Made them sweat a little, i like that.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm glad found someone who can actually hit those kinds of shots. But sooner or later Tyreke is going to be the one taking those shots every single time. Whether we need a 3 or not. The Lakers wouldn't get anywhere if that past it to Vujacic every time they needed a long range bucket.

But they do just fine when its Fisher -- if you've got a clutch roleplayer, I think that's acceptable for that kind of shot. Horry comes to mind as well. Cisco ain't those guys, but then again Reke at 20 isn't Kobe either. Neither was Kobe at 20.

Gut check game for Hawes. FAIL! :mad:
I am beginning to wonder if Hawes has what it takes to compete in the NBA. He seems to shrivel up and disappear when the game is on the line. His shot doesn't go, the rebounds dont happen, the blocks are non existent. The defense is very bad. He just isn't a factor with the game on the line. Kings need a REAL center!

That's very vague. What exactly?
Lack of effort (flat footed) on an important rebound. Allows his man to score the go ahead basket. Even missing a shot when the team needs it. He has a knack for NOT coming up big at important times. I think a lot of fans have seen enough. I was hoping Spencer could make a decent backup, but now I'm not so sure. It's time after 3 years to go in another direction at center. I mean he hasn't gained any muscle from his rookie season till NOW??

Lack of effort (flat footed) on an important rebound. Allows his man to score the go ahead basket. Even missing a shot when the team needs it. He has a knack for NOT coming up big at important times. I think a lot of fans have seen enough. I was hoping Spencer could make a decent backup, but now I'm not so sure. It's time after 3 years to go in another direction at center. I mean he hasn't gained any muscle from his rookie season till NOW??
This is actually not a very true statement, because Spencer I think is actually one of our more clutch players... Do you recall a certain game last season where Spencer was making all the clutch plays, forcing overtime and I can't remember if we won in the end or not. And I wasn't aware that you were his personal trainer, measuring his muscle and fat weight every day.

Who was getting the rebounds I ask you? Was it Spencer's man? Or was it Russell Westbrook, Sefolosha etc. Sure he didn't have much of a rebounding performance, but really at his best he's not a great rebounder. He's an offensive weapon. If he gives us 7-8 boards a game that's pretty much decent.

Also, our PF is how much shorter than theirs? Our SF is how much shorter than theirs? Not only shorter, but less athletic as well. Landry isn't much of a rebounding big man either... It's a team collective effort to box out and rebound, you can't just point the finger at Spencer and say it's entirely his fault. It's everyone's fault.

I am beginning to wonder if Hawes has what it takes to compete in the NBA. He seems to shrivel up and disappear when the game is on the line. His shot doesn't go, the rebounds dont happen, the blocks are non existent. The defense is very bad. He just isn't a factor with the game on the line. Kings need a REAL center!
Kings basketball, Where being the next Chris Kaman and not being able to compete in the NBA happens in a matter of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.