[Game] Kings @ Rockets - Wednesday, Feb. 14 - 5 PT

Who will garner the most Grant and Jerry fawning?

• Nene

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luc Mbah a Moute

• Tank Brown

• Eric Gordon

• P J Tucker

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ALL I've ever asked is that people NOT post negative comments in the game thread DURING the game. There are still people who enjoy sharing fandom from a positive point of view, which is why game threads were started in the first place. Is it really that hard to understand?

This whole board is one festering cesspool of negativity. Having one little spot where like-minded fans can be enthusiastic about a game while it's happening just doesn't seem too much to ask for.
Have you lost your sense of humor?

Half -time random question (a new feature of the game thread):

So what one Kings jersey do you really wish you hadn't purchased and why?

I'll go first. For me, it's Jimmer Fredette. I couldn't even find a Jimmer fan to give it to ... for free ... no sticks attached.
Aren’t you violating the no negativity comment policy :) ( no smiley laughing out loud)

As a positive, I think the team has a future starting 1-3 in place in Fox/Bogdan/JJ (along with solid bench pieces). It’s about seeing what Skal/Giles can do, and hopefully one of them pan out (still think Skal is talented). Getting a big in the draft. Hopefully retain Kosta.
JJ may be a backup to Hezonja but would be good to have both.

ALL I've ever asked is that people NOT post negative comments in the game thread DURING the game. There are still people who enjoy sharing fandom from a positive point of view, which is why game threads were started in the first place. Is it really that hard to understand?

This whole board is one festering cesspool of negativity. Having one little spot where like-minded fans can be enthusiastic about a game while it's happening just doesn't seem too much to ask for.
I think you said not to post tanking comments during the game.

How do you not post negative comments during the game for a lottery team? If players are not playing well hold it in? Pretend not to see it?

If that was the intent of the board then I might agree, and post elsewhere myself, but I don’t think it was. I think it was created to give fans a voice their perspectives, and maybe if your looking for an all out positive utopia you might be able to find it on twitter or something

I personally don’t look for the negative, and I’d like to think most of what I say is rooted in objective reality. From my perspective your asking people not to note objective reality from their viewpoint. I don’t like to post frivolous stuff, although I might not always succeed, but something has to be a pattern, or glaring. Like WCS, I think overall his impact is something substantive (not just based on the game but an ongoing issue of the team). Or Fox, as I thought he was conspicuously absent of impact the last couple (whether he was or not).

Although agree that needless negativity should or frivolity shouldn’t be here. For the general user ‘ignore’ is efficient

Last edited:
I was wrong. I enjoyed watching this game. Bogi is maturing before our eyes. He'll be averging 20 pts a game by the end of the season. He and Fox (when he's not mopping the court with his face) give me reason to think we've got a terrific starting backcourt for years to come. JJ also gives me hope - especially since he was a big question mark just a few weeks ago. Now he looks like his rookie season is behind him. He plays like a pro. The only one that I'm just not feeling the love for is WCS. Let's hope the AS break is just what he needs. I think we should all chip in and send Willie to an MMA bootcamp. He needs to find his inner edge and bring out a bit of nasty.

I was wrong. I enjoyed watching this game. Bogi is maturing before our eyes. He'll be averging 20 pts a game by the end of the season. He and Fox (when he's not mopping the court with his face) give me reason to think we've got a terrific starting backcourt for years to come. JJ also gives me hope - especially since he was a big question mark just a few weeks ago. Now he looks like his rookie season is behind him. He plays like a pro. The only one that I'm just not feeling the love for is WCS. Let's hope the AS break is just what he needs. I think we should all chip in and send Willie to an MMA bootcamp. He needs to find his inner edge and bring out a bit of nasty.
I missed the first half but we gave the now number one team in the West a very good run for their money. A few less turnovers and missed shots in the last 5 minutes and we very easily could have pulled off a win.

Justin has never worried me as a bust. He is just too sound a player. I think he is getting more comfortable and it shows. He may never be an All-Star, but he has a promising future for years to come. I mentioned before a long while back I would love to see him take on a Rip Hamilton like presence on the floor. The man was constantly in motion. I see him doing that a lot more now and it seems to be paying off. His defense has also always struck me as at least above average for a first year player. If you watch him hedge while moving laterally his hands are high and ahead of his body, cutting off lobs and passes and not fouling, while altering the offensive players course. Smart young player.

I agree about Willie and have said so before. I love a lot of what he brings or could potentially bring, just want some more fire is all. Besides after a dunk. I will leave it at that as it is well known which side of the WCS camp I fall into.

I thought the Kings played a very good game. Fox and Bogie got right up in the faces of Harden and Paul to start the game. Yes they picked up a couple of cheap fouls but this sent a message that this is not the Kings of past years. Harden threw in some 3's from way out there that went in. Those don't go in every night, and those shots IMO were the difference in the game. Oh, and the 22 free throws Houston got compared to 8 for the Kingso_O I'm sure the Refs explanation is that Houston was the more "aggressive" team. The Rockets put up 49 3 point attempts. That stat alone also won them the game.

Hope Fox is ok. He didn't quite look like he had a concussion there. More shook from the blood so I hope he's alright.

Unlike Suicide King, Jackson worried me as a bust from the start. Not because of his offense but because of his softness and general lack of rebounding. A full sized SF averaging 2 rebounds per36 doesn't belong on the court. Thankfully, Jackson is no longer that player. He's rebounding, he's passing and last night he was even blocking shots. If he could just get that 3 point percentage up, we may have a solid player on our hands. In his last 9 games he's averaging 10pt, 4.3reb and 2ast. Good job young fella.

Funny how the defense picked up with ZBo out huh? Love JaKarr's energy out there. Especially on that mans man rebound and put back. He even had a couple nice drive and kick moments when the offense broke down. That block was sweet too!

Bogie's defense was awesomely annoying for the opposition last night.

The refs were really annoying. It seems like they basically hand Harden about 6 points a game on freebie free throws. I absolutely HATE the swipe through move. It's not basketball. It's not fun to watch. It's not entertaining. It's acting. To me, it's no different than flopping. A left handed player isn't going to all the sudden bring the ball up from his right side to shoot the ball from 27ft. Can we start letting these players defend out there at some point please?

Oh and that foul call on Koufos when he blocked Paul was ridiculous. Paul made a move on Koufos that got a bunch of "oooohs and aaaahs" from the crowd and then Koufos promptly swatted the ball away on a clean block and the refs called a foul because how dare you come back and make one of the NBA darlings and their State Farm mascot look bad.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Bogs was outstanding, both on offense and defense.

Jackson continues to impress me, as much with his improved defense as his offense. He is soo much fun to watch when he moves without the ball. He's going to get better with his shooting, and when he does he's going to have a lot of games when he scores in the 20s, probably next year.

WCS had his head handed to him in this game by Capela. His offense was horrendous in the first half. This is game is a perfect example of how less offense would be more from WCS. I would have much rather have had his shots distributed among other Kings players than getting blocked or clanging the ball off the rim. Kings' management has got to look seriously at this game in their evaluation process to determine how much they are willing to pay him and what exactly his role would be in the future.

I miised the Fox injury but I believe that Harden intentionally tripped Hield near midcourt in the first quarter. I do not care for the way Houston plays. Paul and Harden got agitated that the Kings were playing even with them. They definitely are arrogant and punkish in their attitiude.

Houston is on a 10 game win streak and playing at home and they get 100 points against the new look Kings. That right there is worth celebrating. The Kings are showing great improvement in their team defense. They get a lot of assists. They have reduced the turnovers that used to really dog them. They have shooters and move much better without the ball. They play a lot less offense standing around and running out of time. There have been great improvements. They need to rebound better from the 4 and 5 with players not named Randolph and Kufous. The defense is definitely better without Zbo. This is the kind of game that gives me hope. I sincerely hope that Fox is able to recover enough to play this weekend.

WCS just isn't a starter on a good, playoff team. period. I can see him as an energy guy at best

Willie is the great enigma on the team. His brain is complicated. He really needs to decide if he can get over being injured and go after the ball for real or maybe try a different line of work. It is disappointing to see him get outrebounded by the Kings' guards.