Kings possible draft picks game

Glenn

Hall of Famer
If this is inappropriate, move it but a future King may be on the floor tonight and I want to hear what college followers have to say.

I don't know if Randle has hops but my goodness, he is big. And quick.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I figured since almost every other thread turns into a discussion of Parker/Wiggins at some point, why not just let it be? We can always move it after the game...

Plus it gives folks something new to talk about since we don't have a game ourselves tonight.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was about to make a thread for the games. Rather than considering these NCAA games, I'd like to think of them as advanced tryouts for next year's Kings team

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think we are seeing what happens when you put rookies on the floor with vets. Change the word rookie to freshmen. In other words, I'm not learning much except that pg from Michigan State is fine. Sorry about the names.

Should I be watching anyone from MS?

Randle hasn't done a lot offensively but he's an elite rebounder and clearly has a strong feel for the game. You can tell he's an impressive passer, and can dribble for a big guy. So strong too. Pairing him with Cuz, we'd dominate the boards.

Gary Harris is killing Kentucky right now. He's undersized for a SG but he's a really good player.

C

Cold

Michigan St has played together for a while. Difference is night and day. Kentucky spacing and passing in general look very hesitant.

Speaking of Randle, I've seen him play quite a bit. The guy is big, long, strong like a bull, and very quick for such a big guy.

A kid with a man's physique. At the college level he just shoves people out of the way.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Randle is very quick. He made his free throws. I want to see more though. Seems like he'd be OK as a King but I prefer one more defensively oriented. Picky, huh?

Yes, yes, there's a whole season left.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I like randle he is a good passer having 2 front court players that can pass like that greatly improved the offense. I like poythress if we can get a pick in the 20s
Considering our current situation regarding draft picks and tradeable assets, if we wound up with a pick in the lottery and a pick in the 20s, it would be highway robbery.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Considering our current situation regarding draft picks and tradeable assets, if we wound up with a pick in the lottery and a pick in the 20s, it would be highway robbery.
Isn't there a team with 4 first round picks? Maybe we could get a lower first round pick from them.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Isn't there a team with 4 first round picks? Maybe we could get a lower first round pick from them.
I don't think any team is going to get that many picks this time. I did think this mock draft - maybe the first of the season - was interesting. :) While the draft positions cannot be determined, I'm wondering if the number of picks are relevant. Regardless, getting the #2 pick wouldn't hurt my feelings.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Cauley-Stein is also blocking shots and altering them near the rim. He'd be a good fit next to Cuz, doesn't demand the ball offensively. Might be too high to take him where we're likely to be picking, and unlikely we can get another pick in this draft.

C

Cold

Randle's game is better suited for the NBA than NCAA.

Spacing is better in the NBA which will help highlight his court IQ and passing.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Cauley-Stein is also blocking shots and altering them near the rim. He'd be a good fit next to Cuz, doesn't demand the ball offensively. Might be too high to take him where we're likely to be picking, and unlikely we can get another pick in this draft.
What I like is that if we don't suck all year, we may have to settle for Cauley-Stein. He fits!

C

Cold

That last play where Randle grabbed the rebound, dribbled around a defender and triggered the fast break was a thing of beauty. Too bad NCAA doesn't have clear path fouls.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If we somehow got the two Kentucky big men in the draft, I would be a happy man. A Cuz/Randle/WCS rotation would dominate almost everyone in the paint.