[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Here's your clue for today, -> who's living under the bridge in 'The Three Billy Goat's Gruff'?
I am going to use this post as a friendly reminder to our guests that this is a Kings forum and not a Rivals forum, and while friendly discussion is welcome, spiking the football in the event of a Kings loss tonight will not be tolerated.

Do you honestly think Edwards will get run tonight?
Mike Brown may have no choice but to try something different than what he did in the other 5 losses to the Pels this season. We didn’t have an answer for their forwards all year and there is one guy sitting on our bench who has the size and length and plays really good defense.

I’m hoping Mike Brown mixes it up and uses his secret weapon (Kessler Edwards) on the Pels forwards tonight.

Will coach brown change it up for this game cause its obvious what was being done the previous 5 games wasn't working. Id be happy if the kings have a chance to win at the end. If they put up a good fight and give us an entertaining game, win or lose, ill be happy.

Pels fan here. Please put us out of our misery. Where to begin…….Adam Silver’s great idea of the play-in leaving our 49 wins useless. Zion finally healthy and now hurting his other hamstring. Willie Green not playing Jonas enough instead playing Nance who offers nothing……on and on.

Most of our fans want to burn it down. Move on from Willie Green, trade BI (Zion and BI don’t play well together at all), CJ to the bench or gone. Unfortunately David Griffin is a BI Stan so we’re ******.

I know your fan base has been through a lot so that’s why I root for you guys when not playing y’all. Good luck no matter the result.
I still have a feeling it’s gonna be a very close game, even without Zion. Tough to see this team beating a team we lost to 5/5 times this year, especially since McCollum turns into Steph Curry against us lol.

I’m curious, because I’ve seen a lot of Pels fan say the same thing about the Zion/Ingram duo not wirking. What do you think you guys would want in a trade for Ingram? I think he’s a guy the Kings would really like to trade for if he became available.

Last edited:
I honestly feel like the best gameplan would be to guard McCollum similar to Curry if he starts hot and force the ball out of his hands. This team has been hot from 3 against us all season, in a way you need to hope for a bit if luck in that they aren’t supernovas from 3 tonight. I would play Ingram straight up and if he kills you from midrange, that’s fine. But DO NOT let them catch fire from 3.

Couple other key points, rebounding will be huge. We were out rebounded in all five games. Need it to be a team effort. Also bench will need to score more than they did vs GSW, because there’s almost no chance the NOP defense let’s our starters score the way they did vs GSW.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Sac has been getting killed by 3 ball when the Pelicans have swung and moved the ball. CJ made 73% of his 3s against us. Murphy has killed us. Can’t let that happen. Make them take tougher shots. There’s a reason they have a similar record to us, I know matchup wise about the taller wings, but figure out a way

I think Edwards will be more important. We can’t wear out Keegan chasing down Ingram. Ingram is just too long for most of our defenders. In games like this one Barnes regression on D becomes glaring and his slo mo move gets blocked by longer players and Val standing in the paint daring Domas to shoot.
If he is played, yes, Edwards would could should be huge. I hope MB's strategy was to keep Edwards off the floor all season so teams couldn't scout him and then BAM use the secret weapon in a must win game like this.

Yes, I have expressed my doubts and concerns about Mike Brown. But I'm willing to to a 540 if we win this game, even if it's not obviously due to the coaching. I will tap into an endless well of credit/gratitude/forgiveness. A skepticism holiday if you will.

Vinny's back baby, in the first AND third person. Will you have me? I brought...

1713546554265.png

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The line jumped from Sac -1.5 to NO -1.5. Could mean nothing but not the best sign.
It means that people betting liked NOP and the points. I'm not a gambler but that was a pretty attractive line for a team that was 5-0 and playing at home. Remember that the main goal in any line is to get as close to a 50-50 bet as possible so that the house wins on the juice, the secondary goal is making it attractive enough to get people to bet the wrong way.

If he is played, yes, Edwards would could should be huge. I hope MB's strategy was to keep Edwards off the floor all season so teams couldn't scout him and then BAM use the secret weapon in a must win game like this.

Yes, I have expressed my doubts and concerns about Mike Brown. But I'm willing to to a 540 if we win this game, even if it's not obviously due to the coaching. I will tap into an endless well of credit/gratitude/forgiveness. A skepticism holiday if you will.

Vinny's back baby, in the first AND third person. Will you have me? I brought...

View attachment 12608
If Edwards has more then 3 meaningful minutes will be the surprise of the season …
But let’s how MB knows how to end this run and we see real playoffs in few days !!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
As one of the most “IN THE MOMENT” hotheaded fans around, tonight will say a lot about how I remember this season.

I haven’t enjoyed it. I’ve been MIA a lot. I don’t personally like this team very much. I think Monte made a huge mistake running it back and essentially punting the season.

But hey, I also admit when I’m wrong. They win, they get through GS and NO to get a shot at OKC I’ll *almost* consider that a win on what has been a tough season. And get into the playoffs, anything can happen. We’ve played them well. Who knows.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Sac has been getting killed by 3 ball when the Pelicans have swung and moved the ball. CJ made 73% of his 3s against us. Murphy has killed us. Can’t let that happen. Make them take tougher shots. There’s a reason they have a similar record to us, I know matchup wise about the taller wings, but figure out a way
Holy Moly! I've seen CJ go invisible against a lot of team (e.g. Lakers) and then he can go bonkers like against the Kings. Halliburton said he was the toughest guard to guard in the entire NBA because of his quickness. Hopefully, the Kings swarm him like what they did against Curry.

I don’t personally like this team very much. I think Monte made a huge mistake running it back and essentially punting the season.
I understand not liking this team much, as they are often frustrating to watch. But you gotta stop with the tired "running it back" mantra. People read and repeat it even though it isn't exactly true.

I mean, a vast majority of teams have the same core from the season before. So by that definition, practically every team (at least those in the postseason) are doing the same.

Further, the KINGS don't have the exact same roster as last season. In fact, the lineup that's starting now isn't the same. Keon Ellis wasn't a factor last season, and even earlier this season, but is now. So that's a major change. And while they aren't seeing much playing time now, Sasha, Duarte, Jones and McGee weren't on the team previously.

Lastly, "punting the season" is a ridiculous interpretation of keeping the main core intact. As mentioned already, almost all contending teams do the same. It's part of the development process.

For example, Minnesota, OKC, and NOP finished 8, 9, and 10 respectively last season. Their starting lineups and cores are pretty much the same this season, yet they finished 3, 1, and 8 respectively this season.

So, were they "punting the season" too? Or just furthering their core's development, while adding to it where/when they could?

Last edited: