• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kingsfans.com Official Game Thread
Game Six
Sacramento Kings at Phoenix Suns

By Stephen Tetsu, Everyone’s Second Favorite Undersized Scoring Guard

Boogie and Rudy are the only guys in the picture, which seems about right.

And the streak continues.

In case you were wondering, Demarcus Cousins is very good at basketball. Scary good. He’s so good now that the national media elite are starting to pull their fat, oversized heads from their collective asses and see Demarcus as more than a guy they can write “He’s a headcase” articles about. They also pulled their heads out of their butts because Boogie’s talent is probably going to make them poo themselves… and no one wants their head covered in poo.

You know who else is pretty good? Rudy Gay. While Demarcus had himself a night unheard of since the days of Moses freaking Malone (No, really. Look it up.), Rudy simply had to settle for a dominant performance of the 35-minute variety. There is seriously no 1-2 punch in the league that has been as dominant as our two guys to start the season aside from the guys in Golden State. Toronto Rudy seems to be under control, though I'm sure we'll see occasional Hulk-esque Toronto Rudy outbursts peppered throughout the season just as a reminder of what could go horribly wrong. Until then, the man has been playing like the best small forward in the league (not an exaggeration, though it certainly helps that Durant and George are out and Lebron is still recovering from what I can only assume is a bout with ebola). I want PDA's babies.

Meanwhile, Ben McLemore (Ben Manlymore) continues his transformation from shellshocked struggling offensive guy to hard-nosed defensive guy, this time also adding some offense as a bonus while also managing to almost get into a fight with a big Russian dude at least twice his size, which I'm pretty sure is the start of Rocky 4. While we all assumed he'd be locked in a dogfight with Nik for the starting role, Ben's pretty much won this thing without a fight, mostly because Nik has looked like last year's Ben McLemore when he's not fouling his way out of playing time.

Oh. And Reggie Evans hit a jump shot.

So, yup. We're 4-1 to start the season, a feat we haven't matched since 2001-2002 (not a typo). Yes, that's right, the last time we started off a season this well, we got screwed out of a ring by the refs. Who knows what'll happen this go-round?

Awards Time
Tony Delk Memorial Award- Randy freaking Foye pretty much made the Nuggets not look terrible in the second quarter, which is amazing because it's Randy Foye and also the Nuggets suck rotten eggs. Statistically, he was their best player. I think that says it all.

Shareef Abdur Rahim Award- Danilo Gallinari simply looks done. I know he's coming off multiple major injuries and he's still young but watching him now gives me flashbacks to Peja. Not good Peja but relatively bad, end-of-his-career, Mavericks benchwarmer Peja. Sad for a guy who was once pegged to be an all-star.

Luke Walton Vacuum Cleaner Awards #1-5- The entire Denver Nuggets frontline. I couldn't even narrow it down. They all pretty much sucked and not just when it came to defending Demarcus. I mean, Kenneth Faried didn't even score until Brian Shaw played him in the fourth quarter against Derrick Williams. Offensively, defensively, even in timeouts, the Nuggets big men were simply offensive.

Jason Hart Award- I might eventually just rename this the Ramon Sessions award because this is getting to be a bit ridiculous. We signed you to not suck, Ramon.

Mikki Moore Award
- Timofey Mozgov is the Nuggets' starting center. Timofey Mozgov also couldn't stop Demarcus if Cuz was blindfolded and had both arms tied behind his back. But that of course didn't stop him from trying to take off his head and incite a brawl... in two sequential plays.

Yeah. Not very impressive.​

Mateen of the Night- Omri Casspi, who put in another 11 point, 6 board night and contributed this assist as well.

WTF! Moment of the Night- Reggie Evans hit a jump shot. REGGIE EVANS HIT A JUMP SHOT!

The View from the Other Side
Once again, these views come from DenverStiffs.com *Sour Grapes Alert*

1:25 PM I'm calling it. Today is the game that we see the old Gallo.
Next game, the shots start falling. This game, we win purely off of 3 players: Ty, Faried, and GALLO!!!

3:14 I want to like shaw, but i just dont think he's a head coach
I think players like and respect him because he won as a player and played not too long ago, but I don’t think he’s "basketball mind" or a strategist. and the bad thing is, that there’s nobody like that on the coaching staff

7:16 Cousins has been flopping way too much

7:17 How about a stop, Nuggets?

7:18 The Kings are looking like the Clippers with all of the flopping

7:20 All the shots have been tough shots too
hand in the face but only against the Nuggets these shots go in

7:26 jesus we look like garbage right now

7:27 You know, I never thought I'd say this...
But I’m about to turn this game off. Usually Nuggets games, even when we’re losing, are fun to watch. But there’s nothing fun with us getting destroyed by an inferior team because of our inability to execute.

7:27 Time to blow it up
Can’t sugar coat losing to the ****ing Kings…twice

That’s when you know things are bad

7:29 The Kings actually look pretty legit this year.
They are definitely no joke

7:28 This is a joke

7:29 This officiating is embarassing
I’ve never seen so much flopping rewarded

7:30 I guess the only good news is that we cannot get worse than this.

7:30 Boogie sticks his elbow in Darth's chest. Foul on Darth.

7:31 Nuggets playing without any joy or enthusiasm. Like its mid-February.

What is up with this team? Something is seriously broken and we are only 5 games in.

7:31 Before anybody gets too upset
Realize the Cavs are getting pounded by the Jazz right now. The NBA title favorite against a team which won about 20 games last season. It takes a while for a team to gel when nobody is sure what they’re doing or how to work as a team quite yet.

7:32 Remember when playing against the Kings was the easy button and an automatic win?

7:33 There's seriously nothing I like about Kings
none of their players, nothing.

7:35 We do look really bad.. . like a 35 win team…ugh

7:36 Where's the pride?? You just lost at home to this team. The Nuggets are broken.

7:36 Okay well this is just pathetic.
as much as I love my Nuggets, I refuse to sit here and watch them get destroyed. This is terrible. Night Stiffs! Have a good night (aside from this)

7:37 By the way, folks, the Kings won't be making the playoffs.

7:37 Ahh, I remember watching the Nuggets play like this
Not recently…but it was quite pretty. Good for the Kings fans – they deserve real basketball occasionally.

7:45 Kings are better than the Lakers & Celtics this year...

7:43 HireGeorgeKarl.com??

7:45 This team is just built wrong for what Shaw wants to do and what he's good at coaching
They were built to run and gun, not play half court, you have one of the speediest players in basketball and need to use him

7:47 Nate playing hero ball..at least its fun to watch. (Fools gold though)

7:58 I wanna punch cousins face

unfortunately I dont wanna die.

8:01 Over the past week I've noticed one thing about Denver fans
Between the Nugs, Avs, and Broncos all having crapty weeks, everyone wants the coach fired. If the sb nation sites had it their way, all three teams (and the Rockies) would have new head coaches!

Either Colorado is the worst coached state in sports or our fans jump way too quick to fire coaches around here.

8:01 Cousins throws a lot of elbows
yet no one sees it

8:03 "OMG I'm Omri Casspi and I'm gonna complain about a foul like these refs are against us."

8:06 That's embarrasing. . cousins making denver look silly

8:10 Nuggets making Caspi look like a starter
That’s just bad.
We need a center on the court!

8:10 to the 3 centers Shaw be all like -
"Oh I don’t have to play ANY of you guys…."

8:14 I hope Nurkic and Cousins get in a fight
I’d take Nurkic. Representing Eastern Europe

8:14 Cousins always seems to kill Denver

8:15 Hopefully Cousins demands a trade at halftime

8:17 Cousins looking like a top 3 NBA center in these first games…

8:23 Small ball brought us back
But it was obvious that Cousins was dominating inside.
I’d like to see more Mozgov. Is he on minute restrictions too??? Sheesh

8:27 Everyone wants to blame Shaw
It’s a player’s league. Even though it appears Pop didnt have talent, believe me even if TD doesn’t put up the stats he is very wise and still a defensive presence.

We just don’t have the horses fitting together correctly right now.
Not even Karl could fix it to be honest. It’s a thing that has to just be worked out

8:43 This
Is depressing me. Boogie is dominating mozgov.

8:45 What has happened to the Nuggets?
They are terrible.

8:46 Just got home and turned the game on
wat.
wat

8:50 37 FT attempts for the Kings. Wow.
Nuggets are killing themselves with fouls this season. They have to learn to play better positional defense.

8:52 this team sucks no heart no effort getting bullied on road by okc third stringers and again in Sacramento

8:53 Do the Kings get tacos for scoring 110 points?

8:57 The Fire Shaw threads have to begin soon.

8:58 I think I've figured it out...
Every time the Kings shoot, or touch the ball, or run away from the ball, it’s a foul on the Nuggets.

8:58 Can i get a league pass refund?
This is a dismal way to spend time. I has a sad

9:01 Welp at least I have Cousins on my fantasy team.

9:01 the damn lakers look better than the nuggs lol

9:04 As bad as this looks and as bad as we look
This Kings team looks impressive Pete Delassandro has done a hell of a job.

9:08 out rebounded, scored, fg%, more turnovers and fouls
This beginning of the season certainly can’t get any worse, they can only get better.

9:16 I hope Afflalo opts out
he’s been terrible

9:21 Nurkic looking better now Cousins is out

9:22 I always thought Cousins attitude would get in his way
But it looks like he might reach his potential and take the Kings to the playoffs

9:23 The Kings will be lucky to win 30 games

9:30 Let me get this right. Worst shooting team in the nba, worst fouling team in the nba, about to be 1-3 with basically the same players from a 57 win season. Heck, in many ways we have better players now! Karl would have loved foye, affalo, robinson for three point shooting.

Something is just not right here. Im not giving up on the team yet, but whoa, it really does make me miss and appreciate what Karl could do with a team. Makes me appreciate it enought that this is my first post after reading this page for years.

Sacremento is literally beating us how we used to beat other teams. Sad, sad, sad.

9:36 yet somehow Denver won 2/4 quarters
Have to break down the games one quarter at a time, and just not let them get away? I don’t know.

9:36 And to think that the Nuggets turned down a swap for Gallo and Rudy Gay
SMH

9:38 Trade Everyone and Fire all the Coaches!

9:41 Time to tear it all down
Start trading players and get draft picks for the future. Need to tear it down and completely rebuild.

9:48 Let's get the URL--www.firebrianshaw.com
Also might want to get www.firetimconnelly.com as well!
This is an unmitigated disaster of a team. I can’t see myself watching any more games like Monday night and tonight.

9:54 I was cautiously optimistic (er, like most Nuggs fans) about Denver coming into the year...
…Now, I’m getting more and more evidence to allow me to emotionally check out on this team. 4 games, 4 disappointments (even with the win). This is limp basketball. Un-fun.

10:10 2015 NBA Draft
Well, who are the top 3 players to start scouting?

10:10 FINISH HIM
SAC KINGS, FATALITY

10:12 McGee was asked what was Cousins doing to be so effective tonight
"Getting the ball" was his reply. Not sure what to think of that
In other words, the Sacramento Kings demoralized an entire fanbase from thinking about the playoffs to thinking about blowing it all up over the course of a single game.

Tonight’s Game

Tony Allen's going for the ball... Just not sure which one...
IT ALERT! IT ALERT! After an exciting five game start to the season, the Kings hit the hell stretch of their November schedule (presumably because the basketball gods hate us and don’t want the team to gain too much momentum) First up: the Phoenix Suns, the new home of everyone’s favorite undersized scoring guard, the Pizza Guy (not Ben McLemore, the real one), Isaiah Thomas.

Although the Suns have started the season off rather well with a 3-2 record, things are not all hunky-dory in the Valley of the Dusty Sun, as Goran Dragic has struggled to start off in a slightly diminished role and the IT effect has already started to forge rifts in the once content Phoenix Suns fanbase.

Here we have the holy trifecta of fan rage: small sample size overreaction, fatalistic pessimism (my personal favorite of the three), and "Gambling in Casablanca?" denial guy who can't help but throw potshots at an upcoming opponent because why the hell not? The point being, IT's played spectacularly to start the year for the Suns, which of course means it's already time for a PG controversy in Phoenix. How fun!

The whole "the Kings are competing for a lottery pick" narrative is still a prevalent one among most of the fanbases in the league, certainly a byproduct of us sucking for so dang long. The only way to remedy it? Smash their teams into the ground!!!!

It's a four game road trip. Our next big test.

Problem #1: The Phoenix Suns. Last year, they surprised the entire NBA as, instead of tanking like everyone thought they would, they went on to almost sneak into the playoffs, on the back of Goran Dragic playing like an All-NBA player. Ultimately, they came up a game short, largely because their big man depth chart largely looked like this: One of the Plumlee brothers/ Channing Frye/both of the Morris twins/ Superlame Alex Len.

Now, a rational NBA team would look at this and automatically think "Man, we really need to improve our big man situation." But nope, not the Suns. Rather, they let part of the big man depth they did have (prototypical stretch forward Channing Frye) walk in free agency. Then they signed Isaiah Thomas, who is not a big man in any sense of the word AND who happens to play a position already being manned by two potential all-stars.

The results thus far have probably been mixed at best. Although the Suns are 3-2, two of those wins came against the Lakers, which at this point is sorta like winning a trivia contest where all the other contestants have just emerged from fifty year long comas. Their two losses have come against teams sporting good front court depth in the Jazz (Favors absolutely beat the pants off the Suns inside) and the Grizzlies (Marc Gasol and Z-Bo eat smallball line-ups for breakfast). In other words, Demarcus Cousins is probably licking his chops.

Sure their guard depth is pretty good behind the three-headed monster of Dragic (when he's not sulking in the corner, being ignored by IT), Bledsoe (when he isn't doing his best IT impression), IT (when he isn't, well, being too IT-ey). They also have Gerald Green, whom each of the point guards seem to do well with when on the floor at the same time. (As you can see, this is a bit of a problem.)

So, yes, the Suns have a lot of talent. But they also have problems as well.

Tonight's Key Matchups
I only have three for you guys today:

Isaiah vs. The Kings- IT gets his first crack at revenge. The key is to get him so focused on this that he forgets he has teammates.

Isaiah vs. The Suns- The flipside to the Pizza Guy being so caught up in his attempt to stick it to Vivek and PDA, his already noticeable penchant for holding onto the ball like Boris Diaw holds onto the last donut in the box could get cranked up to eleven. This is good for the Kings. Not good for the Suns.

Demarcus vs. The Entire Suns Defense- Double-team him, triple-team him, hell, put your entire team on him. It doesn't matter. The Boogie Monster is coming after you. And there is no escape.

Final Thoughts and Prediction
A lot has been made of the Kings fast start and how it's come against good competition. Well, one thing's for sure, it doesn't get much easier from here. Let's start the road trip off right. We don't fear IT. Kings beat the Phoenix Isaiahs 103-97. IT drops 60 points. Goran Dragic leaves the arena at halftime after IT refuses to pass him the ball for the entirety of the first half. Demarcus makes Alex Len retire from basketball and join the clergy after the first quarter. Kings win. IT gets to show how good he is at scoring. Everyone goes home happy. Maybe.

Go Kings!!!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Whoops forgot to put in the date and time. Oh well. I suppose you guys can google it. (Or one of the Mods can add it in)

If you read the view from the other side, the Kings apparently became as hated as the clippers over the past 10 days.

How did that happen? Now the kings flop, get calls? What the what is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This Kings team will win 30 games. I don't know how many more, but, that is ending this year.

I know, bold prediction.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Can't wait to watch this one. Hope the Kings knock IT on his butt. We will have to play good defense against that high pick and roll they run. Once the guards turn the corner, they are very quick to the hoop. Good guard matchups. Feed Cuz and feed Gay.

We will need top performances from Cuz and Gay tonight, dont see anyone on their roster that an contain them besides Tucker maybe putting up a fight. If Cuz can get Plumlee in foul trouble Cuz could start feasting.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Will be at tonights game 14 rows up for blow-by-blow sounds and real-time visuals. Can the awesomeness continue? can the bench win the game? can defense hold Suns under 100? can Cuz, Reggie and Omri put the bang on the Suns to slow them down? will be interesting.

My goals for Kings: 20+ assists, hold Suns to 95 pts and get 40 pts from bench and win of course.

Anyone else at the game tonight?

Last edited:
I think we win this. We counter their team much like Memphis. They are runners and we are building an identity as defensive stoppers, so I wouldn't be surprised if we embarrass them. As others have stated, the only way we lose, is if the refs don't want a physical game. It's so nice to expect wins now =P

Voted DMC, but, sincerely, I had no clue what the options were considering the lead.

To the point, I'm pretty confident that the Kings will bring this home. I was so impressed about Mike Malones coaching in the Nuggets game. Even when the game was already a crushing W, he kept coaching and was upset about bad decisions. Fantastic! This is not to take anything from DMCs and Rudys stellar games. Fair, what I've seen so far this season, I would take Rudy before Bron.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The good Morris twin (Markieff?) is like Kenneth Faried with a jump shot. If Thompson can do as good a job bottling Morris as he did with Faried, Phoenix might not get a rebound in this entire game.

Keep the turnover count around fifteen or less, and we win this going away, no matter what their guards do.

G

GQ_Gabriel

Aaaand in the middle...

6'11 from Kentucky!

#15 Demarcuuuuus Couuuusins!

Let's get this win, Sacramento. We will dominate the paint. Rudy will be too much to handle, and we MUST play solid defense, contain Gerald Green, who can get hot in a hurry. Let the pizza guy do his "thing." It works to our advantage.

The way the calls go will likely decide the winner of this game.

That said, I am worried about Ramon Sessions against IT (presuming they match up against each other as "backup PGs"). After Sessions' "defense" against DEN at home, he may be completely useless in slowing down whatever IT wants to do. That may well keep PHO in the game (barring a blowout in the 1st quarter due to every Kings shot falling like last game).

I really hope RayMac gets Sessions' minutes and plays IT like he knows him.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
IT may very well be the high scorer in this game. What does that prove especially if the Kings win? He doesn't "get it." A lot of people don't "get it." IT's problem is what he does to the rest of the team. Let him have his day as I suspect there is little to do to stop him. Shut everyone else down.

Kingsfans.com Official Game Thread
Game Six
Sacramento Kings at Phoenix Suns

By Stephen Tetsu, Everyone’s Second Favorite Undersized Scoring Guard

Boogie and Rudy are the only guys in the picture, which seems about right.

And the streak continues.

In case you were wondering, Demarcus Cousins is very good at basketball. Scary good. He’s so good now that the national media elite are starting to pull their fat, oversized heads from their collective asses and see Demarcus as more than a guy they can write “He’s a headcase” articles about. They also pulled their heads out of their butts because Boogie’s talent is probably going to make them poo themselves… and no one wants their head covered in poo.

You know who else is pretty good? Rudy Gay. While Demarcus had himself a night unheard of since the days of Moses freaking Malone (No, really. Look it up.), Rudy simply had to settle for a dominant performance of the 35-minute variety. There is seriously no 1-2 punch in the league that has been as dominant as our two guys to start the season aside from the guys in Golden State. Toronto Rudy seems to be under control, though I'm sure we'll see occasional Hulk-esque Toronto Rudy outbursts peppered throughout the season just as a reminder of what could go horribly wrong. Until then, the man has been playing like the best small forward in the league (not an exaggeration, though it certainly helps that Durant and George are out and Lebron is still recovering from what I can only assume is a bout with ebola). I want PDA's babies.

Meanwhile, Ben McLemore (Ben Manlymore) continues his transformation from shellshocked struggling offensive guy to hard-nosed defensive guy, this time also adding some offense as a bonus while also managing to almost get into a fight with a big Russian dude at least twice his size, which I'm pretty sure is the start of Rocky 4. While we all assumed he'd be locked in a dogfight with Nik for the starting role, Ben's pretty much won this thing without a fight, mostly because Nik has looked like last year's Ben McLemore when he's not fouling his way out of playing time.

Oh. And Reggie Evans hit a jump shot.

So, yup. We're 4-1 to start the season, a feat we haven't matched since 2001-2002 (not a typo). Yes, that's right, the last time we started off a season this well, we got screwed out of a ring by the refs. Who knows what'll happen this go-round?

Awards Time
Tony Delk Memorial Award- Randy freaking Foye pretty much made the Nuggets not look terrible in the second quarter, which is amazing because it's Randy Foye and also the Nuggets suck rotten eggs. Statistically, he was their best player. I think that says it all.

Shareef Abdur Rahim Award- Danilo Gallinari simply looks done. I know he's coming off multiple major injuries and he's still young but watching him now gives me flashbacks to Peja. Not good Peja but relatively bad, end-of-his-career, Mavericks benchwarmer Peja. Sad for a guy who was once pegged to be an all-star.

Luke Walton Vacuum Cleaner Awards #1-5- The entire Denver Nuggets frontline. I couldn't even narrow it down. They all pretty much sucked and not just when it came to defending Demarcus. I mean, Kenneth Faried didn't even score until Brian Shaw played him in the fourth quarter against Derrick Williams. Offensively, defensively, even in timeouts, the Nuggets big men were simply offensive.

Jason Hart Award- I might eventually just rename this the Ramon Sessions award because this is getting to be a bit ridiculous. We signed you to not suck, Ramon.
Mikki Moore Award - Timofey Mozgov is the Nuggets' starting center. Timofey Mozgov also couldn't stop Demarcus if Cuz was blindfolded and had both arms tied behind his back. But that of course didn't stop him from trying to take off his head and incite a brawl... in two sequential plays.

Yeah. Not very impressive.​

Mateen of the Night- Omri Casspi, who put in another 11 point, 6 board night and contributed this assist as well.

WTF! Moment of the Night- Reggie Evans hit a jump shot. REGGIE EVANS HIT A JUMP SHOT!

The View from the Other Side
Once again, these views come from DenverStiffs.com *Sour Grapes Alert*

In other words, the Sacramento Kings demoralized an entire fanbase from thinking about the playoffs to thinking about blowing it all up over the course of a single game.

Tonight’s Game

Tony Allen's going for the ball... Just not sure which one...
IT ALERT! IT ALERT! After an exciting five game start to the season, the Kings hit the hell stretch of their November schedule (presumably because the basketball gods hate us and don’t want the team to gain too much momentum) First up: the Phoenix Suns, the new home of everyone’s favorite undersized scoring guard, the Pizza Guy (not Ben McLemore, the real one), Isaiah Thomas.

Although the Suns have started the season off rather well with a 3-2 record, things are not all hunky-dory in the Valley of the Dusty Sun, as Goran Dragic has struggled to start off in a slightly diminished role and the IT effect has already started to forge rifts in the once content Phoenix Suns fanbase.

Here we have the holy trifecta of fan rage: small sample size overreaction, fatalistic pessimism (my personal favorite of the three), and "Gambling in Casablanca?" denial guy who can't help but throw potshots at an upcoming opponent because why the hell not? The point being, IT's played spectacularly to start the year for the Suns, which of course means it's already time for a PG controversy in Phoenix. How fun!

The whole "the Kings are competing for a lottery pick" narrative is still a prevalent one among most of the fanbases in the league, certainly a byproduct of us sucking for so dang long. The only way to remedy it? Smash their teams into the ground!!!!

It's a four game road trip. Our next big test.

Problem #1: The Phoenix Suns. Last year, they surprised the entire NBA as, instead of tanking like everyone thought they would, they went on to almost sneak into the playoffs, on the back of Goran Dragic playing like an All-NBA player. Ultimately, they came up a game short, largely because their big man depth chart largely looked like this: One of the Plumlee brothers/ Channing Frye/both of the Morris twins/ Superlame Alex Len.

Now, a rational NBA team would look at this and automatically think "Man, we really need to improve our big man situation." But nope, not the Suns. Rather, they let part of the big man depth they did have (prototypical stretch forward Channing Frye) walk in free agency. Then they signed Isaiah Thomas, who is not a big man in any sense of the word AND who happens to play a position already being manned by two potential all-stars.

The results thus far have probably been mixed at best. Although the Suns are 3-2, two of those wins came against the Lakers, which at this point is sorta like winning a trivia contest where all the other contestants have just emerged from fifty year long comas. Their two losses have come against teams sporting good front court depth in the Jazz (Favors absolutely beat the pants off the Suns inside) and the Grizzlies (Marc Gasol and Z-Bo eat smallball line-ups for breakfast). In other words, Demarcus Cousins is probably licking his chops.

Sure their guard depth is pretty good behind the three-headed monster of Dragic (when he's not sulking in the corner, being ignored by IT), Bledsoe (when he isn't doing his best IT impression), IT (when he isn't, well, being too IT-ey). They also have Gerald Green, whom each of the point guards seem to do well with when on the floor at the same time. (As you can see, this is a bit of a problem.)

So, yes, the Suns have a lot of talent. But they also have problems as well.

Tonight's Key Matchups
I only have three for you guys today:

Isaiah vs. The Kings- IT gets his first crack at revenge. The key is to get him so focused on this that he forgets he has teammates.

Isaiah vs. The Suns- The flipside to the Pizza Guy being so caught up in his attempt to stick it to Vivek and PDA, his already noticeable penchant for holding onto the ball like Boris Diaw holds onto the last donut in the box could get cranked up to eleven. This is good for the Kings. Not good for the Suns.

Demarcus vs. The Entire Suns Defense- Double-team him, triple-team him, hell, put your entire team on him. It doesn't matter. The Boogie Monster is coming after you. And there is no escape.

Final Thoughts and Prediction
A lot has been made of the Kings fast start and how it's come against good competition. Well, one thing's for sure, it doesn't get much easier from here. Let's start the road trip off right. We don't fear IT. Kings beat the Phoenix Isaiahs 103-97. IT drops 60 points. Goran Dragic leaves the arena at halftime after IT refuses to pass him the ball for the entirety of the first half. Demarcus makes Alex Len retire from basketball and join the clergy after the first quarter. Kings win. IT gets to show how good he is at scoring. Everyone goes home happy. Maybe.

Go Kings!!!
You forgot to mention Collison. He is one of the most important change in our roster/starters - that is why we are 4-1 now.

If Cousins read your very long lead post, he might have killed you for missing to mention anything good about Collison.:p

"Biggest thing, DC is our floor general," Cousins said. "He's communicating with us, he's leading us every night."

Last edited:
Will be at tonights game 14 rows up for blow-by-blow sounds and real-time visuals. Can the awesomeness continue? can the bench win the game? can defense hold Suns under 100? can Cuz, Reggie and Omri put the bang on the Suns to slow them down? will be interesting.

My goals for Kings: 20+ assists, hold Suns to 95 pts and get 40 pts from bench and win of course.

I'll be there row 7. Cannot wait.

gunks

Hall of Famer
IT is taking 20+ shots tonight. How many he makes is up to our guards. I hope Ray gets some burn, because I dont see Sessions slowing IT down at all.

Boogie will......Destroy them..

If we get a solid 20+ from Rudy, and our defense holds up, we should take this. I'm expecting a competitive game either way!

Biggest matchup of the game for me is Ben Mac vs Bledsoe. Bledsoe might be one of the toughest guards for Ben to defend all year. He is an amazingly athletic and quick point guard playing the 2 guard postition. Ben has to find a way to stay in front of him.

Take care of the ball + contain their guards + feed Cousins = we win

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
7:58 I wanna punch cousins face

unfortunately I dont wanna die...
As the season goes on, that's going to be a pretty routine comment from fans and from opposing centers. And I love it. Remember how the fans not drenched in Laker gold used to feel about Shaq?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

If you get a chance, let us know about the dynamics between IT and the rest of the Suns - especially if he does what almost everyone here is convinced he will do. GO KINGS!

I've just read an article from October, 31 that says that the Suns are 17-0 when Bledsoe and Dragic each score at least 16 points. It disturbs me a bit, to be honest. Looks like a job for Ray McCallum (or for IT:)).

Can't wait for the game!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The way the calls go will likely decide the winner of this game.

That said, I am worried about Ramon Sessions against IT (presuming they match up against each other as "backup PGs"). After Sessions' "defense" against DEN at home, he may be completely useless in slowing down whatever IT wants to do. That may well keep PHO in the game (barring a blowout in the 1st quarter due to every Kings shot falling like last game).

I really hope RayMac gets Sessions' minutes and plays IT like he knows him.
Agreed. I suspect Malone already has a pretty good plan in mind for covering IT.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've just read an article from October, 31 that says that the Suns are 17-0 when Bledsoe and Dragic each score at least 16 points. It disturbs me a bit, to be honest. Loks like a job for Ray McCallum (or for IT:)).

Can't wait for the game!
In order for them to score a combined 32 points, they have to touch the ball. That got a LOT more difficult as soon as IT joined the team. And tonight it might be even worse. The only way Jeff Hornacek is going to be able to control how many touches IT gets is to control his minutes and based on prior experience, IT is not going to be happy if he's not out there on the court. Our 6th man tonight could very easily be Isaiah Thomas.

Last edited:
In order for them to score a combined 32 points, they have to touch the ball. That got a LOT more difficult as soon as IT joined the team. And tonight it might be even worse. The only way Steve Kerr is going to be able to control how many touches IT gets is to control his minutes and based on prior experience, IT is not going to be happy if he's not out there on the court. Our 6th man tonight could very easily be Isaiah Thomas.
You mean Jeff Hornacek.

Agreed. I suspect Malone already has a pretty good plan in mind for covering IT.
That's a good point:
Malone may be fired up, as well, to stick it to IT after everything that went on.

There are over 20 people directly involved in the outcome of the game (between players and coaches), and there may be only one person (IT) that wants him to do well tonight.
That's not a recipe for a successful outcome.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I've just read an article from October, 31 that says that the Suns are 17-0 when Bledsoe and Dragic each score at least 16 points. It disturbs me a bit, to be honest. Loks like a job for Ray McCallum (or for IT:)).

Can't wait for the game!
Probably a good thing then that Dragic is averaging 12.0pts a game this season, and Bledsoe is averaging 13.4. :p