[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

We actually beat the Kings twice without Zion and we were up almost 50 points in 1 of those games. I hope we get to introduce you guys to the guy we call Hawk eye.(Edit- I think he was out there that game we were up 50 and got a few 3 pointers off)Time to put the shooters on the floor. I keep hearing about Fox and Herb Jones will be ready for him. Ingram had a lot of high praise today from practice. So I would expect Baby KD to have his redeem game from that lakers game.
May that redeem game be next year agains the Lakers :p
5 in a row is a good number , time to be put end of the run

The Pels don't have a real point guard and the Kings have excellent defenders at the guard position. So why shouldn't the Kings be able to take advantage of that?
Because we still have ball handlers. CJ can create, Naji can create, Alvarado can create and is speedy, Dyson does his thing ,etc. we have various guys who bring the ball up. Even Herb jones. Once Herb jones gets on Fox. It’s lock down time.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I pointed this out earlier but Sabonis has gone 18.8 10 and nearly 7 against Val this year and outscored him in all 5 games. He’s a tougher match up than most but he still has plenty of success against him.
would you happen to know what area on the court those 18 come from?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
A glance through the 5 game shot chart shows all of his field goals came within the paint with the exception of one three and two midrange makes. (And obviously free throws, not sure how many)
understood. I still don't like the approach of trying to bang with him though, Sabonis tends to get turnovers in this fashion

The KINGS beat this same Pels roster 2-1 last season. And historically De’Aaron Fox has owned the Pels. Even averaged over 40 one season. So I believe this season has been an anomaly and that WE take this one when it actually counts most.

Further, the 1st two games played between these teams were games 4 and 5 of a 6-game roadie with the first matchup occurring on a back-to-back. The other 3 the Pels got us on normal rest, but so what? As I said, same rosters (essentially) had different results the season before. So I don’t see any reason the tide can’t suddenly change again as they did this season from last.

Hopefully the Pels players are just as overconfident as it’s fanbase. ;)
Vegas doesn't seem to care about 0-5 bad matchup either having Kings as very light favorites.CJ probably will be deciding factor, if he shoots his normal percentages( those are not that great btw) Kings should be in a good position to advance assuming the intensity level is the same like in a game vs warriors

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think it's all going to come down to the Hawkeye and the Knife! Because no Zion means some dork gonna step up.

I'm now sorta dying of laughter thinking back to when the Butcher and the Blade debuted in AEW.

Vegas doesn't seem to care about 0-5 bad matchup either having Kings as very light favorites.CJ probably will be deciding factor, if he shoots his normal percentages( those are not that great btw) Kings should be in a good position to advance assuming the intensity level is the same like in a game vs warriors
Yeah, I was quite surprised to see the KINGS as betting favorites. I do recall LAL being favored during the final matchup with the KINGS, despite being 0-3, so it’s not unprecedented.

Zion, no Zion doesn't really matter when they still have Ingram and McCullum who the Kings can't defend. Sabonis trying to play bully ball versus Valanciunas is not a recipe for success either, he needs to take those mid range jumpers, make or miss. If this is the last game of the season, at least let it be a competitive conclusion to the season, that's all.
This gonna be a game (like the Warriors) where the Kings must have another good offensive showing. I hope Brown brings in the bench again..
A loss means a draft pick, so I won't be upset if they lose.....however, the way they play the Thunder, I would be excited if they won.

Pels fan here. Please put us out of our misery. Where to begin…….Adam Silver’s great idea of the play-in leaving our 49 wins useless. Zion finally healthy and now hurting his other hamstring. Willie Green not playing Jonas enough instead playing Nance who offers nothing……on and on.

Most of our fans want to burn it down. Move on from Willie Green, trade BI (Zion and BI don’t play well together at all), CJ to the bench or gone. Unfortunately David Griffin is a BI Stan so we’re ******.

I know your fan base has been through a lot so that’s why I root for you guys when not playing y’all. Good luck no matter the result.

I’d have Keegan on BI and then rotate Fox, Ellis and Davion in pressuring their guards. Might even see a bit of Duarte against a SF. Can’t match there length with our main guys but we can outpressure them and stay fast. Stay on a string like we did against GS. Don’t be afraid to use Kessler for a small stint to guard BI. Need to make that guy work.
No Duarte ........

No Duarte ........
not sure it matters. The Kings have always struggled against lengths and centers Domas can’t bully. Sadly the Pels have both ingredients.

what I would like to see is more Kessler on Ingram, Fox on CJ playing like he cares, and Keon on their two who will be too long for Fox.

I want Keegan on Herb so he can rest more on defense.

Last edited:
not sure it matters. The Kings have always struggled against lengths and centers Domas can’t bully. Sadly the Pels have both ingredients.
One word: Alex Len.

Btw - did anyone else notice Len moving very spryly in the Ws game? It seems he's really improved his lateral quickness and maybe lightened up a little as well.

I predict Len will be an understated, but very significant factor in this game.

One word: Alex Len.

Btw - did anyone else notice Len moving very spryly in the Ws game? It seems he's really improved his lateral quickness and maybe lightened up a little as well.

I predict Len will be an understated, but very significant factor in this game.
I think Edwards will be more important. We can’t wear out Keegan chasing down Ingram. Ingram is just too long for most of our defenders. In games like this one Barnes regression on D becomes glaring and his slo mo move gets blocked by longer players and Val standing in the paint daring Domas to shoot.

That's only because Williamson is out.

I think Edwards will be more important. We can’t wear out Keegan chasing down Ingram. Ingram is just too long for most of our defenders. In games like this one Barnes regression on D becomes glaring and his slo mo move gets blocked by longer players and Val standing in the paint daring Domas to shoot.
Edwards does have one of the lowest defensive ratings since the All-Star break, but he has only averaged 5.4 minutes per game. He will play no more than five minutes to spell whoever is guarding Ingram, if at all, is my guess. I do expect to see Murray on Ingram, unless Coach Brown calls an audible and puts Fox on him.

By the way, why do the refs never call carrying the ball on Brandon Ingram? He palms it every time he dribbles. It's pretty easy to change directions when you do that. With that relatively high bounce, Fox might feast.

what I would like to see is more Kessler on Ingram, Fox on CJ playing like he cares, and Keon on their two who will be too long for Fox.

I want Keegan on Herb so he can rest more on defense.
I'm doubtful if MB would play Kess but he's the only one other than Keegan who can match up with Ingram. We badly need Keegan on offense and can't afford to have him pick up fouls or expend too much energy on defense.

dude12

Hall of Famer
It’s possible the coaching staff may have some type of scheme they haven’t revealed yet. Against the Warriors they initially had Fox on Green and Kerr wasn’t prepared for it…..Fox just switched onto the ball handler and if they used someone else to screen then it’s Ellis or Keegan switching onto the ball handler.

with Zion out, this gives them a chance to do something similar.

Pels fan here. Please put us out of our misery. Where to begin…….Adam Silver’s great idea of the play-in leaving our 49 wins useless. Zion finally healthy and now hurting his other hamstring. Willie Green not playing Jonas enough instead playing Nance who offers nothing……on and on.

Most of our fans want to burn it down. Move on from Willie Green, trade BI (Zion and BI don’t play well together at all), CJ to the bench or gone. Unfortunately David Griffin is a BI Stan so we’re ******.

I know your fan base has been through a lot so that’s why I root for you guys when not playing y’all. Good luck no matter the result.
Why CJ to the bench or gone? He's easily your 2nd best player and has certainly destroyed our team this year.

I think they should double Ingram once he gets past the three point line, guard CJ normally, swarm Alvarado because I think he's their Energizer bunny and really boosts that teams energy and swag which is a killer and let Valanciunas have his day

Why CJ to the bench or gone? He's easily your 2nd best player and has certainly destroyed our team this year.
He's still bitter the Kings said they would draft him and they didn't so that's why he plays with a chip on his shoulder against y'all according to him. Besides playing you guys, he's so damn hot and cold. When he's off he keeps chucking it and the fan base is beyond frustrated. He's a ball stopper when we play our best BY FAR when we have ball movement. Him and BI are ball stoppers to the next level. Plus his defense is absolute garbage. If he made $10 million, ok.......he makes $30+, no thanks.