[Game] Kings @ Pacers - Tuesday, Oct. 31 - 4 PT

Idk... a rookie having a rough game isn't the same as a steady workmanlike vet going invisible.

I'm not yet calling George Hill on his dissapearing act. I think I've heard too much good about his character to believe he's checked out because he's paid. But I can understand where they're coming from. History has shown people check out after getting $$$$.
Whatever the reason for his gross underperformance and lack of energy/pulse, he has no business playing instead of Mason for this team as the play stands. I think he’s agree given what I see of his demeanor

The light at the end of this tunnel has all but disappeared for me.
Just think about the 2018 pick. sigh.
I really wish we went and got D'Angelo...
I still wish we did.... Why didn't we? Russell is 10x better than anyone we have on this roster.

This is one of the least talented roster in the NBA. All this talk about potential is bs. "He's only in his _______ year!". Oh yeah? Ben Simmons is only in his 2nd year. KAT is only in his 3rd year. Porzingis is only in his 3rd year. Booker is only in his 3rd year. These guys just ****ing suck right now and there's no way to sugar coat that.

Kings fans before the season: Tank!

Kings fans now: Why aren't we winning???
I'd be ok if the young players were actually producing on the court. But they've been terrible this year. Buddy looks Jimmer bad on both ends. WCS is Sacramento Kings Whiteside. Skal may or may not be a legitimate basketball player. PapaG is inactive. Rookies get a pass for now.

This team is horrible.

I may have misread the upside of Buddy No-Buckets. You cannot play at 100 miles and fool the defense. You have to change your pace, you have to use stutter step and slow-to-quick burst to get defender at the disadvantage. Buddy No-Buckets is just mechanical in his moves and he's becoming predictable and easy to defend.

I've really been focusing on the offensive sets they are running, and the offensive side this game. This walk the ball up stuff is so far from what they said they were going to do it's unreal. They even had a few situations where they could have run the ball up but they slowed it down to run a half court set of multiple off ball screens that led to bad spacing and a rushed shot at the end of the clock. This offense structure is on purpose, it's just failing miserably. It might pay off later, but kill any more chemistry and it will be paying off for someone else.

The team looks given up on the system, which I don't really get because these are young hungry players wouldn't you think?

One thing is forsure, I don't get why Hield and Zbo get this pass..they are absolutely unbearable right now on both ends. Zbo can score sure, on isos, he's still a black hole.

I'm not gonna put 100% on the coach, that isn't fair, but man are his offensive sets elementary and awful.

I'd be ok if the young players were actually producing on the court. But they've been terrible this year. Buddy looks Jimmer bad on both ends. WCS is Sacramento Kings Whiteside. Skal may or may not be a legitimate basketball player. PapaG is inactive. Rookies get a pass for now.

This team is horrible.

Nah, give credit where credit is due, Buddy is putting in more effort on D than any other player so far this year. He's sticking with guys around screens that used to annihilate him. The help defense is sketchy team wide, but they aren't rolling over on that end. Or at least they don't until it's clear it doesn't matter what they do on that end.

Hill had a good year last year partly with the spot up 3s. But on the Dunc'd On podcast they were making the point he gets none of those with us. We cannot use his skills because we don't have an inside-outside game like Jazz with Gobert and Favors. We should trade him ASAP (easier than done with the overpay).

At this point we are the worst team in the league, tied with the Bulls or worse. We are 29th or 30th. So why even have a player like Hill on the roster?

The team looks given up on the system, which I don't really get because these are young hungry players wouldn't you think?

One thing is forsure, I don't get why Hield and Zbo get this pass..they are absolutely unbearable right now on both ends. Zbo can score sure, on isos, he's still a black hole.

I'm not gonna put 100% on the coach, that isn't fair, but man are his offensive sets elementary and awful.

It's called having 2 weeks to put in a complex system. I thought they'd run more simple offense considering the guard talent on the team, but they are running post up offense reliant on back cuts and 2-3 step off ball screening. Theoretically when you have a talented guard crop you can afford to run more quick hitting plays.

No, I'm not expecting them to win games. But there's a big difference between competing and just not showing up. There is a right way to lose, building for the future, and there is whatever they are doing right now. I can't accept this kind of losses.

I don’t think it’s losing that is a problem. It’s how they are losing: not trying on D, not passing the ball, not generating good looks for each other.

Those things are troubling. Getting Porter would be nice but what will we have to put with him? Fox (maybe), Bogdan and what else?

Hill had a good year last year partly with the spot up 3s. But on the Dunc'd On podcast they were making the point he gets none of those with us. We cannot use his skills because we don't have an inside-outside game like Jazz with Gobert and Favors. We should trade him ASAP (easier than done with the overpay).

At this point we are the worst team in the league, tied with the Bulls or worse. We are 29th or 30th. So why even have a player like Hill on the roster?
The issue with both Hill and Randolph is the Kings overpaid both to where their contracts might be difficult to move. That's the only hangup I had with the moves Vlade made this summer.

Yuck, Tuesday is my long day so I don't get home until 9 or 10, I was looking forward to left over pizza, Halloween candy and a couple of ball games... may need to just mercy delete this one.

I think it's hilarious that a guy like George Hill, who is a damn good player who has been the PG on some damn good teams, comes to Sacramento and all of a sudden looks clueless.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So I'm watching halftime shoot around and I've never seen a team miss as many shots as the Kings have been in these basic shooting exercises.