[Game] Kings @ Pacers, Saturday December 8, 4:00PT/7:00ET

This is closer to who we are, unfortunately. We’ll beat up Phoenix and Cleveland but good teams have our number.
I’m not sure I agree with that. We just beat this team a week ago and could have won today had we not lost our composure. We have beat the Thunder twice and a bunch of other good teams.

What we are is inexperienced. We don’t know how to finish the game and we really struggle with back to backs because we run so much. We have lost a bunch of close games this season but the roster is incomplete and we are still super young. I would rather be us than Indiana. They are a solid team but as constructed not all that much youth and definitely not as talented as us.

This is closer to who we are, unfortunately. We’ll beat up Phoenix and Cleveland but good teams have our number.
That’s silly. Kings have had the 4th toughest schedule in the NBA. Don’t revision and act like the Kings have gotten fat on the Suns and Cavs because you’re mad the Kings stunk up the floor tonight. Those were kind of a first for the Kings this season. If better teams “had their number” the Kings would only have 5 or 6 wins. Besides, these Pacers are OK without Oladipo but they’re not one of the better teams. A decent shooting game from anybody and a good game from atleast one big would’ve won the game for the Kings.

What concerns me is the Kings can’t seem to keep up with their own pace. If the identity of the team is going to be run run run then I don’t want to hear about how they are sooo tired every other game if we’re supposed to believe we’re seeing a sustainable system. Pacers were on a back to back without their best player. Kings lost(or are on their way) because a guy drained with food poisoning was outworking them.

Totally and completely agree. People forget how little we expected to see this year. NOBODY thought the Kings would do this well. I understand people wanting more and more, but a little bit of realism would be nice. This is a young squad and they're just taking the training wheels off. They've got nowhere to go but up...and they will.
This is also A CHEAP SQUAD, the cheapest.... and next years wont be that. The Kings have the lowest team salary in the league, by-far($$91MM, second cheapest is Pheonix at $102MM) and in this game it showed *cough* Troy Williams *cough*.... Kings have incredible momentum at their back on any multi-year outlook. No one is positioned better to extract assets from needy teams at the deadline than us too... The foundational material Vlade has spun here is like spiders silk, both flexible and with great tensile strength.

This game will serve as great motivation though. I'm expecting a ferocious response vs the Bulls. this is not gonna sit well.

Shumpert for damn sure was missed...

That’s silly. Kings have had the 4th toughest schedule in the NBA. Don’t revision and act like the Kings have gotten fat on the Suns and Cavs because you’re mad the Kings stunk up the floor tonight. Those were kind of a first for the Kings this season. If better teams “had their number” the Kings would only have 5 or 6 wins.

What concerns me is the Kings can’t seem to keep up with their own pace. If the identity of the team is going to be run run run then I don’t want to hear about how they are sooo tired every other game if we’re supposed to but we’re seeing a sustainable system. Pacers were on a back to back without their best player. Kings lost because a guy drained with food poisoning was outworking them.

There are stretches in every game where the Kings decide to run multiple staggered screens. Up top dribble hand offs. They send the bigs up, then back, then post, then swing. That style is not only a pace killer but it goes back to that low energy efficiency offense the Kings ran last year. The Kings get caught in this too much off ball movement not enough direction offense and it has to be curtailed once and for all. They shouldn't be worn out from it but it ain't helping. Didn't they cite some stat that said Buddy has already run like a billion football fields this year or something like that in a pregame the other night? Lol. I think Fox too. Per foot they aren't getting nearly enough good looks for their time and energy.

two lapses of judgement that stayed with me because I've seen the same before from these two players
Williams steals, fast break, does not give the ball to a guard and turns it over.
Marving stels, fast break, does not give the ball to a guard and gets an offensive foul which takes him out of the game after he gets the next one.
I think he will learn eventually. He gives that ball to a guard and he probably ends up with a dunk.

The Bulls just beat the Thunder.....they can win at home. Kings need to turn in a sharper effort. unfortunately one flurry in mid-4thQ sunk the Kings tonight. Kings were not up for it offensively....

Bagley got absolutely hosed tonight btw. I know people will want to pounce but I know atleast 3 of the fouls on him were utter trash while worse fouls the Pacers committed on him went uncalled. He came in looking like it was a good night and they took him out.

Refs were generally trash(again) but the difference was second chance points

Back breaking moment of the game was Troy Williams completely blowing the fast break that would have put the Kings ahead and then McDermott hits a three.

Bagley also needs to know when he has nothing on the break. He beatifully pushed the ball up the court but then His offensive foul...which was actually a bad call and a premature flop by an unset Joseph was nonetheless predictable.

JJ stroking it. Kings need to start riding hot hands more. Buddy was on fire and then wasn’t featured. JJ was on fire and then wasn’t featured.

Seems like tired legs to me, not sure where you get idea Joerger should be blamed.
Joeger shortened his bench and played Hield 33 minutes, Fox 29, and Beli 30 minutes in a blow out game last night. These minutes are with the Kings playing near the fastest pace in the NBA. Indiana which plays at a much slower pace played slightly less minutes.

Kings are 2-4 on back to backs. The have they highest negative differential between their average 3 point percentage and their percentage on a back to back. Tonight 28.1% of shooting from 3 will make that delta worse. There was no reason for Giles and Yogi not to get 10-15 minutes against Cleveland and have something in your legs for tonight.

Tonight’s game is absolutely DJ’s fault not because of whistles tonight but because he shortened the rotation on a back to back. It didn’t work and hasn’t worked all year.

It was a disappointing game, but not as much as others.....Laker home loss is numero uno due to the inexplicable lackadaisical effort then. Tonight they competed and had a bad patch in the 4thQ -they couldn't recover.....Bulls getting smoked tonight will probably have them up for the Kings Need to recover and keep back over .500 especially with the gauntlet of difficult games upcoming thereafter.

again, huh? -> 2 in a row - too bad the Kings couldn't follow your example.
lol... didn't end up going last night... stayed involved in some schoolwork I was banging out... Need fuel now though and to wash away my sorrows before cranking for another 4-5 hours on work... haha. Thanks for keeping an eye out buddy :)

Definitely going for real now. See you guys back here in a bit while distracting myself from more work. haha