[Game] Kings @ Pacers, Saturday December 8, 4:00PT/7:00ET

I dont understand why we played Iman last night and rested him tonight. If he could only play one of these games, I would rather have him rested last night against the cav.

He was traded to the Kings from Cleveland. I'm sure that had something to do with it.
Also, we weren't about to take that game for granted. We needed to get one of these two games, we made sure we got one win. Also, showing some confidence in your bench, and in Mason, etc. is not the worst thing. Let's get the Bulls game and call it a good road trip. We're one of the best road teams in the league right now. Lots to be happy about.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
So I stopped at half time to watch the MLS Cup final but I did have the game streaming on a laptop ...
And it turns out to be one of those days I wish I had another hobby than sports.:rolleyes:

I saw zero posts, were any about every screen from The Pacers being illegal? Seesh... those refs were pretty bad. They did however know how to call a foul when Bagley was on the floor. Seesh.

I saw the end of the game in the first quarter. If I knew how to make the angriest face possible, I would post it.

Also, we weren't about to take that game for granted. We needed to get one of these two games, we made sure we got one win. Also, showing some confidence in your bench, and in Mason, etc. is not the worst thing. Let's get the Bulls game and call it a good road trip. We're one of the best road teams in the league right now. Lots to be happy about.
We were up by how much? It was a missed opportunity to play bench guys and rest starters.

As much as this loss was a bummer and seemed to be caused by tired legs. It was nice to see Willie get a little mad at the end of the game. Willie played really well after He got that tech! If only Willie could find that attitude for every game.

The refs took us out of the game early. Not just with Bagley, but with Fox. Disrupted the flow. Some games are like that. The refs are as much a part of the game as the players in the NBA. Will be nice when the Kings have earned the respect of the refs to where they actually start getting the benefit of the doubt. And Fox starts getting super star calls.

Holy crap. Watched the game on delay. Just came here and the sky is falling.

Tough game. Dead tired on a back to back. Couldn’t hit a three to save their life. Questionable calls, but they were still in it up,until about 6 min left before they just fell apart. A couple shots drop and this is a gutty win that goes the other way (I.e. last game against Indy at home). Can’t win them all but I’ll sure take 3-1 on the road trip if we can get it. 2-2 would be disappointing but perfectly acceptable outcome for this team.

Little more data.

Back to back wins.
Denver. Starters play 45%
Memphis. Kings shoot 33.3% win

Miami Starters play 68.3%
Orlando. Kings shoot 36.4 win

Back to Back losses
Minn starters play 64.1%
Lakers. Kings shoot 24% lose

Memphis starters play 65.8%
Houston. Kings shoot 31.4% lose

Golden state starters play 55.4%
Utah. Kings shoot 33.3% lose

Cleveland starters play 59.1%
Indiana. Kings shoot 28.1% lose

Missed the game. I see that we lost.

So is Fox a bust? Vlade an idiot? Shoulda drafted Luka?

Somebody catch me up with the hot takes! :p:p:p

For real though, I had this one down as a loss. So far my December prediction is holding up! We'll bounce back against the Bulls. Worry not, Kings fans!
No. No. Yes :p

i had this down as a loss in my prediction too but wouldn't have minded being wrong. hoping we beat down the bulls worse than the celtics did to finish off the trip

Missed the game. I see that we lost.

So is Fox a bust? Vlade an idiot? Shoulda drafted Luka?

Somebody catch me up with the hot takes! :p:p:p

For real though, I had this one down as a loss. So far my December prediction is holding up! We'll bounce back against the Bulls. Worry not, Kings fans!
All of the above and Joerger sucks and if he would have played Harry 30 minutes, Kings win by 30. You need to get with the agenda LOL

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I dont understand why we played Iman last night and rested him tonight. If he could only play one of these games, I would rather have him rested last night against the cav.
It was because it was a "homecoming" for Shumpert. In retrospect, Joerger might have had some misgivings about the decision.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
From watching the postgame, Fox looked incredibly PO'd about the loss and of the lack of defensive effort by his teamates. He was biting his tongue so much you would think he'd have a gaping hole in it by the end of the interview. It sure appears to me that Fox totally believes this team can get to the playoffs and he's somewhat miffed when his team doesn't put out the effort he thinks they should be putting out. In the last game, he talked about accountability and the yelling between teamates. I get the feeling that he's going to really let out the Fox if they don't shape up.

The pace might come into question, about whether it’s feasible over a full year. The back to backs, why I feel Fox may be gassed recently, etc. But then again team is over .500. Still have to wonder if it will be a permanent style for the team
I think it’s clearly the right style but the style comes with a cost that you have to play a deeper bench. Yes you may lose an additional game or two but it has been proven fatigue is a large component of injury as we saw with Bogi last year.