[Game] Kings @ Wizards - 3/21/2024 - 4:00PM PST/7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I wish fox would look to create for others more on the nights that hes shooting like that. The offense looks so much more dynamic when hes looking to drop dimes and it takes alot of pressure off of domas and monk to create. It sucks that players like Keegan or Barnes are kinda afterthoughts on offense some games. Share the rock, get people looks and it'll energize them. And its much less predictable.

No idea why Keon barely played yesterday. The rotations were all over the place and i think starting monk the second half was a mistake. They fell behind and had no one to come in and spark the comeback.
Its the same story with this team though, not enough offensive versatility/creativity. And defensive lapses. Very frustrating season.
Meh, if Fox passed all the time whenever he was cold y’all would probably get on him for being too passive lmao

also if he started passing on all those shots in the second half, we wouldn’t have that stretch where he pretty much single handedly brought the team back to tying the game.

Agreed. Just weird takes. Is it weird we have lost these bottom feeder games? Yes. Do we have kick ass records against many of the upper tier playoff teams? Yes

i mean to fire Brown after the season, even if it was a play in loss, would be similar to firing Micheal Malone. As in no reason to do it.
The more accurate take would be we need to make tweaks to the roster to go further.
Yeah I don't think anyone is saying this is a finished product. We have a damn good base though with Fox/domas/keegan/monk/Brown at the helm. Keon looks to quickly be working his way in as a core piece.

I'm very convinced with the right roster tweaks this can be a title core. We're 80% of the way there. Just a matter if Monte can tweak that last 20% correctly

Meh, if Fox passed all the time whenever he was cold y’all would probably get on him for being too passive lmao

also if he started passing on all those shots in the second half, we wouldn’t have that stretch where he pretty much single handedly brought the team back to tying the game.
i just feel they rely on domas too much on O sometimes. thats why the offense can be so predictable. add more variety in. Fox is a completely different type of creator and the games that hes looked to set guys up this year they looked dominant.

There is a counterpoint to the last several "fire Coach Brown" posts by Brown sycophants, since they were the only ones in this thread that specifically mentioned that term. Also odd, is that those same folks deem it surprising that Brown's coaching decisions are only mentioned after losses...especially "unexpected" losses. In reality, that actually makes complete sense.

Rather, the issue with the King's coaching is more that trying to use a hammer to drive a screw or a wrench to screw in a nail is ineffective. It can be done, but is inefficient and stunts productivity. There are many posts throughout the entire forum that question Coach Brown's decisions, game plans, rotations, lineups, strategies, and more. Firing Coach Brown is never contemplated by the original poster except to later vilify, demean, control, and silence the poster.

What is questionable is to see the same stock inflexible game plan on a nightly basis and expecting it to succeed each time and under any circumstances.

To those that use the "we have a winning record" canard. This is a "product" viewpoint that focuses on a point in time as a justification for a short-term goal. Contrarily, there are "process" viewpoints that concentrate on how that point was reached and how to sustain that process to further a longer-term goal. Consider what occurred in Milwaukee this year.

Regarding Monte's role in this matter, he has provided the tools and has hired Coach Brown to use those tools to their full potential. A "savior" trade is unlikely to significantly elevate the team to the point we all want if simply plugged into the current scheme. The current roster is quite good IMO and is capable of so much more.

In the past, I have addressed much of what is written above in a variety of manners.

I don't think everybody that blames Brown for the loss at DC is part of "Fire Brown" train. I just want for once Brown to admit his mistakes, accountability or what's the word after a defeat that he clearly made errors. Is it an American thing for the coach not to do that? Does he think he did everything well and the players didn't execute his orders? As a fan listening to "they kick our behinds" over and over again doesn't satisfy me as a cause of the defeat. Has anybody else apart from Monk in that social media post blame himself for a defeat in the Brown era? I don't recall anything.

The thing is if somebody steps up (coach/player whoever) and admit his mistakes, if the team has good chemistry (off the court) they will all speak up to cover for him, even the fans will do so, exactly what happened with Monk's post a couple of months ago.

Meanwhile Hali/Siakam duo are cooking the Warriors.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't think everybody that blames Brown for the loss at DC is part of "Fire Brown" train. I just want for once Brown to admit his mistakes, accountability or what's the word after a defeat that he clearly made errors.
Sorry, no middle ground permitted in fandom. Either you want to fire the coach, or you're a "sycophant," no in between.

There is a counterpoint to the last several "fire Coach Brown" posts by Brown sycophants, since they were the only ones in this thread that specifically mentioned that term. Also odd, is that those same folks deem it surprising that Brown's coaching decisions are only mentioned after losses...especially "unexpected" losses. In reality, that actually makes complete sense.

Rather, the issue with the King's coaching is more that trying to use a hammer to drive a screw or a wrench to screw in a nail is ineffective. It can be done, but is inefficient and stunts productivity. There are many posts throughout the entire forum that question Coach Brown's decisions, game plans, rotations, lineups, strategies, and more. Firing Coach Brown is never contemplated by the original poster except to later vilify, demean, control, and silence the poster.

What is questionable is to see the same stock inflexible game plan on a nightly basis and expecting it to succeed each time and under any circumstances.

To those that use the "we have a winning record" canard. This is a "product" viewpoint that focuses on a point in time as a justification for a short-term goal. Contrarily, there are "process" viewpoints that concentrate on how that point was reached and how to sustain that process to further a longer-term goal. Consider what occurred in Milwaukee this year.

Regarding Monte's role in this matter, he has provided the tools and has hired Coach Brown to use those tools to their full potential. A "savior" trade is unlikely to significantly elevate the team to the point we all want if simply plugged into the current scheme. The current roster is quite good IMO and is capable of so much more.

In the past, I have addressed much of what is written above in a variety of manners.

Explain this then? Why are we playing well if everything you said above is true?

You can't because none of you have a good response that's actually backed up statistically in any form. Forgive me if I don't put any stock into your nonsensical pompous ramblings about how you see the big picture over everyone else.

I highlighted the last sentence because the team really has improved since the All-Star break, and especially in the six games since Keon Ellis began starting. As Malik Monk said yesterday, weak teams are the Kings' "Kryptonite," yet that should not blind us to the significant recent improvements. Last year, it was Alex Len who suddenly came to the fore late in the season; this year, it is Keon Ellis.

The last dozen games are going to be hairy. Coach Brown spent much of the first half of the season experimenting with lineups and rotations. Although he can be inflexible, I think he may yet have a few tricks up his sleeve in terms of game plans, especially if it comes down to two play-in games in April.

Explain this then? Why are we playing well if everything you said above is true?

You can't because none of you have a good response that's actually backed up statistically in any form. Forgive me if I don't put any stock into your nonsensical pompous ramblings about how you see the big picture over everyone else.
I’m curious how this chart looks if it weighs strength of competition. I find it surprising that you would look at past 10 games an an indicator of how we’re trending when it includes losses to Wizards, Bulls, Houston, and a gift of a win from the Spurs (and this doesn’t even factor in the Grizzlies JV team win).

Coach Brown is here to stay but there are apparent issues. Not sure if it’s coaching, but you don’t lose this many games to cellar dwellers if you have guys consistently elevating the team and holding themselves accountable when there are lapses. It starts with Fox. And we know he’s not the vocal type and has a history of inconsistency. We need a vocal, steadying force and we just don’t have that

Status
Not open for further replies.