Kings/Nuggets/Nets- Possible Trade

Kings Trade: Samuel Dalembert, Carl Landry

Kings Receive: Devin Harris, Arron Affalo, Kris Humphries

Nets Trade: Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Damion James, Kris Humphries, 2012 First Round pick(via Golden State), 2011 First Round Pick(via Lakers), 2012 First Round Pick(lottery protected via Rockets)

Nets Receive: Carmelo Anthony, Carl Landry

Nuggets Trade: Carmelo Anthony, Arron Affalo

Nuggets Receive: Samuel Dalembert, Derrick, Favors, Damion James, 2012 First Round Pick(via Golden State), 2011 First Round Pick(via Lakers), 2012 First Round Pick(lottery Protected via Rockets)

The Kings get a good point guard in Devin Harris who when healthy is a top tier player. They also get Arron Affalo who shows promise and is a good prospect. We also receive Kris Humphries who is a solid role player.

The Nuggets get really good value for there star players departure in three First round picks. They get a elite prospect in Derrick Favors and also Damion James who looks to be a pretty good player for the future. They also get a shot blocking center for half the year probably wont resign, but gives them financial flexibility moving forward in the rebuilding process

The Nets get the player they have been after Carmelo Anthony while also getting Carl Landry a excellent player to plug in next to Brook Lopez. They also keep there picks to draft players to plug in around there core of Lopez and Anthony.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
We know that the Nuggets and Nets could do a trade about like this (say Favors/Harris/James/picks for Anthony) without our help. The question is whether our involvement helps both teams like the deal more. So let's assume that they have my suggested trade penciled in. How does our involvement change it?

Nets additional: Would give up Humphries for Landry. This actually seems like a no-brainer for them, especially trading away Favors.

Nuggets additional: Would give up Harris+Afflalo for Dalembert. Harris may be a bit superfluous with Billups in town, but Chauncey is aging and has only one partially-guaranteed year left. Harris would seem to be the PG of the future for the Nuggets. Afflalo is probably not replaced by Damion James. That would mean they'd give up two guys they probably are counting on for a half-season of Dalembert. While their frontcourt is lacking a bit with Kenyon hurt, Chris Andersen probably playes the Dalembert role fine for them, and is locked up for several years. So I don't see this being particularly attractive to the Nuggets at all, especially relative to the straight-up Nets deal.

We know that the Nuggets and Nets could do a trade about like this (say Favors/Harris/James/picks for Anthony) without our help. The question is whether our involvement helps both teams like the deal more. So let's assume that they have my suggested trade penciled in. How does our involvement change it?

Nets additional: Would give up Humphries for Landry. This actually seems like a no-brainer for them, especially trading away Favors.

Nuggets additional: Would give up Harris+Afflalo for Dalembert. Harris may be a bit superfluous with Billups in town, but Chauncey is aging and has only one partially-guaranteed year left. Harris would seem to be the PG of the future for the Nuggets. Afflalo is probably not replaced by Damion James. That would mean they'd give up two guys they probably are counting on for a half-season of Dalembert. While their frontcourt is lacking a bit with Kenyon hurt, Chris Andersen probably playes the Dalembert role fine for them, and is locked up for several years. So I don't see this being particularly attractive to the Nuggets at all, especially relative to the straight-up Nets deal.
Change Harris to Murphy and I think the Nuggets and Nets sign off on it. Denver needs to cut salary to get below the tax. The Nets will want Harris I would presume if they're adding Melo and Landry.

Overall I think this is a well-constructed 3 way deal with those minor changes to give each team what they're seeking out of the deal.

Kings get shooters
Nets get Melo/Landry to pair with Lopez/Harris
Nuggets save cash and reload from a melo deal.

1. Nets get Carl Landry which offsets losing favors plus we help them by enticing Nuggets with Dalembert

2. Nuggets do this because they still get the young talent they want for Anthony in Favors and Jones plus picks and they get salary relief. They know once Anthony leaves instant rebuild they will be looking to shed a few of there bigger contracts. Basically Dalembert is a Salary Dump which I think is something they will be interested in.

Note: Nuggets have no need for Harris they have a pretty good future point guard in Ty Lawson.

1. Nets get Carl Landry which offsets losing favors plus we help them by enticing Nuggets with Dalembert

Note: Nuggets have no need for Harris they have a pretty good future point guard in Ty Lawson.
Agreed. The main reason the kings get involved in this deal that can (and probably will) happen without us, is to get our hands on Harris. If the Kings are not coming away from this trade without him, I dont see why we get involved. And as mentioned above, with Billups and Ty Lawson, the Nuggets dont need Harris. I would love to see this 3 way deal go down.

Plus the Nets have Farmar and Sasha....a championship caliber backcourt :rolleyes: ....what they have 4 rings between the 2 of them???

Not going to happen. The only way Melo gets traded to the Nets is if he signs the extension first. He has already said he's not going to the Nets.

Not going to happen. The only way Melo gets traded to the Nets is if he signs the extension first. He has already said he's not going to the Nets.
He is not going to the Knicks they do not have the assets to acquire him. I do not see them just letting him walk and the Nets by far have the best chance for him in a trade with the multiple picks and young talent. Not to mention I really think if the opportunity presents its self Carmelo will go to the Nets. Its not like he has held a press conference saying he will not sign a extension with these other teams its just hear say.

He is not going to the Knicks they do not have the assets to acquire him. I do not see them just letting him walk and the Nets by far have the best chance for him in a trade with the multiple picks and young talent. Not to mention I really think if the opportunity presents its self Carmelo will go to the Nets. Its not like he has held a press conference saying he will not sign a extension with these other teams its just hear say.
Do they have much of a choice? If he's unwilling to sign the extension they wont be able to get much in return since that team will now be losing him.

Do they have much of a choice? If he's unwilling to sign the extension they wont be able to get much in return since that team will now be losing him.
I dont think this trade would go down unless he is signed to the extension before hand, but I do believe that if the nuggets were to come to him with this trade he would at least consider it. Its not like there shipping him to the Bobcats. The Nets or soon to be Brooklyn Bombers lol is fairly close to his presumed wishful destination. On top of that he would have a motivated owner a top tier center and a lot more talent on the way via draft and free agency.

I dont think this trade would go down unless he is signed to the extension before hand, but I do believe that if the nuggets were to come to him with this trade he would at least consider it. Its not like there shipping him to the Bobcats. The Nets or soon to be Brooklyn Bombers lol is fairly close to his presumed wishful destination. On top of that he would have a motivated owner a top tier center and a lot more talent on the way via draft and free agency.
He already said the only team he will go to is the knicks with an extension.