[Game] Kings vs. Nets 2/15/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

I got to say, I gave up and left my TV on in the background.

Didn't think much positive would come out of it, I found it encouraging that we put up a strong defensive line up and pushed them a bit at the end. Gotta love the hustle and the bonding moment.

Oof. Listening to the broadcast folks (all of whom are great to listen to in general) and their apologism for the season, plus Christie and Jones pumping up Joseph now- not at all encouraging. He needed less time, not more. They planned on a treadmill salary protection season is all one can surmise. Sacramento Generals.

Shocking that what Doug Christie has been preaching all night works when Luke finally goes to it.
There is only one thing that works and that's pressuring up in man to man and switching if necessary. The sad thing is that everything the Kings were good at during the run is the easiest stuff for them to do. Very simple and not good enough for a coach that is going to will his team to legend status even if they have to lose out in the process, lol.

Losing by 11 to the nets wouldn’t seem so bad if we didn’t crap the bed the 2 games prior.
And those two wins at the end of the bubble run were a good sign. NOT. Does nobody else recognize this is nothing more than one team running clock and the other refusing to accept the garbage time to develop youth? I've seen some stubborn calls but my goodness, 24 points down with 4 minutes left is called garbage time no matter how you slice it.

Hassan with a monster game off the bench. Didn't get to see this game, what was the main problem besides playing Harden and Kyrie?
the entire Nets team made it rain. 27 three pointers on a ridiculous percentage

and also Jordan’s tip out offensive boards didn’t help

Last edited:
I think HB might need a game off. He came out of that 5 day break playing at all star level. He’s the one guy Walton will ride for up to 40 minutes per night so perhaps he’s just getting run down.
Both HB and Buddy are averaging 35 mpg and closer to 38mpg in the more recent stretch

the anti Cojo sentiment on the forum has gotten out of control. The guy has been playing well for several games and is 10-12 against one of the best teams in the league. Let’s reserve criticism for when players actually deserve it.
I'll wait until he meaningfully contributes to wins consistently before refraining from pointing out that his recent "success" comes when the team is in desperation mode and throws it to him to hero us back within 15.

Last edited:
Start Whiteside and Bagley now
Trade cojo don't play him another game. Get the trade value
I’ve been on that train for a while.

Whiteside may be slow of foot, but he is pretty damn efficient in the paint along with being a defensive presence. Having Bagley start along side him would have a very nimble, and athletic big man to cover for him. Plus, Bagley’s ability to hit the spot three can open it up down low for Whiteside if we need it.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
the anti Cojo sentiment on the forum has gotten out of control. The guy has been playing well for several games and is 10-12 against one of the best teams in the league. Let’s reserve criticism for when players actually deserve it.
I mean, he’s playing well while the rest of the team sorta watches him do his thing so I guess that’s a good night for him.
The issue with CoJo on offense is that he is a terrible offball player and lacks the court vision to keep the team in rhythm when he takes the ball for one of patented blind drives to the hoop.
On defense, he now has the lateral quickness of Shaq and has somehow acquired last year’s Buddy’s complete and utter lack of offball defensive awareness. He gives good effort and when matched up on the right guy (I.e. someone of minimal athletic ability with minimal handles) he can still put the clamps on guys and make a couple of plays on the ball but for the most part he’s been worse on defense than he has on offense this season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Both HB and Buddy are averaging 35 mpg and closer to 38mpg in the more recent stretch
Walton’s complete and utter lack of faith in any bench player not named Cory, Tyrese, or Hassan is completely evident in his these numbers. Now the argument could be made that he needs better bench players in general but we haven’t seen enough of any of them to really be certain that’s the case aside from GRIII who probably shouldn’t be playing.

I mean, he’s playing well while the rest of the team sorta watches him do his thing so I guess that’s a good night for him.
The issue with CoJo on offense is that he is a terrible offball player and lacks the court vision to keep the team in rhythm when he takes the ball for one of patented blind drives to the hoop.
On defense, he now has the lateral quickness of Shaq and has somehow acquired last year’s Buddy’s complete and utter lack of offball defensive awareness. He gives good effort and when matched up on the right guy (I.e. someone of minimal athletic ability with minimal handles) he can still put the clamps on guys and make a couple of plays on the ball but for the most part he’s been worse on defense than he has on offense this season.
I'm not suggesting he is a super stud, I think he has played poorly the majority of the year, but he has reached a level on the forum where it’s impossible for him to do anything right.

A few people crowing about Cojo tonight...lol. Try watching the defensive side of the ball because that counts. He is the worst.
if Cojo was 15-15 with 40 points 6 blocks and 6 steals some would be complaining he is stealing minutes from our youngsters.

No one is crowing about how great Cojo is, but the constant bashing even when he has a good game is a bit much in my opinion.

I'm not suggesting he is a super stud, I think he has played poorly the majority of the year, but he has reached a level on the forum where it’s impossible for him to do anything right.
Well he did miss 3 shots last night. If those shots would have been 3s instead of 2s and he got fouled and made each, that’s 12 points we missed out on. We lost by 11. Do the math. This loss was totally on him. :p

if Cojo was 15-15 with 40 points 6 blocks and 6 steals some would be complaining he is stealing minutes from our youngsters.

No one is crowing about how great Cojo is, but the constant bashing even when he has a good game is a bit much in my opinion.
0 assists? Trade his ass