Kings @ Nuggets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Is this going to become the official dumping on the team because they lost thread? I'd just like to know so I don't get confused.

:rolleyes:

So yesterday we were headed for the NBA finals and today, after just one loss, we're headed for a "better draft pick"?

Sorry, but some of this stuff is just too funny to even worry about.

We lost a game. We're gonna lose more before the end of the season. Look at the rest of the schedule.

This isn't a well-knit cohesive team. It's a group of guys wearing the same uniform trying very hard to put forth effort every night. Sometimes it's just not gonna work.

AleksandarN said:
Wahat are your excuses for his rebounding then? Fouls or not we need him out there rebounding and playing defense. How can you only get 2 rebounds the whole game being 6'10" no ecuses at all. We got outrebounded.
I don't want to make any excuses. He didn't rebound the greatest (or at all) tonight, but not really that he didn't hustle for rebounds and just stood around. a good sign is that his shooting is slowly back on, 8-14 FG. 3-4 3pt. He was trying to play agressive , but it got him in foul trouble and that is it.

He was far more effective (minus rebounding) than most everybody else on the team tonight.

vj9999 said:
I don't want to make any excuses. He didn't rebound the greatest (or at all) tonight, but not really that he didn't hustle for rebounds and just stood around. a good sign is that his shooting is slowly back on, 8-14 FG. 3-4 3pt. He was trying to play agressive , but it got him in foul trouble and that is it.

He was far more effective (minus rebounding) than most everybody else on the team tonight.
We need rebounding from him. Why settle for anything less.

vj9999 said:

vj ... you are an awesome Peja defender ... don't worry friend ..

The whole team didn't play well ...

...for the rest of you ... why bag on Peja tonight

... I swear I'm a broken record but it was the altitiude!!!

VF21 said:
Is this going to become the official dumping on the team because they lost thread? I'd just like to know so I don't get confused.

:rolleyes:

So yesterday we were headed for the NBA finals and today, after just one loss, we're headed for a "better draft pick"?

Sorry, but some of this stuff is just too funny to even worry about.

We lost a game. We're gonna lose more before the end of the season. Look at the rest of the schedule.

This isn't a well-knit cohesive team. It's a group of guys wearing the same uniform trying very hard to put forth effort every night. Sometimes it's just not gonna work.
I agree VF21. We win as a team, we lose as a team. We are trying hard and sometimes maybe too hard and sometimes it gets us in trouble. Tough loss, but life goes on.

kingsfan1950 said:
vj ... you are an awesome Peja defender ... don't worry friend ..

The whole team didn't play well ...

...for the rest of you ... why bag on Peja tonight

... I swear I'm a broken record but it was the altitiude!!!
I think I am an awesome team defender :) Tonight Peja doesn't deserve to take all the heat and that is it. I'm not sure if the team deserves to take all the heat either. We lost a game, an important game, but we have to move on.

I still love this team (copyright by VF21).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
natedizzle said:
My only problem with the loss is that this is time to get ready for playoffs, not to lose by double digits to another playoff team. I could take a loss, but not by this many points this late in the season.
Last time I checked a double-digit loss only counts as one, just like a triple-overtime loss.

WHY do people keep acting as though a good performance in the playoffs is guaranteed? Rick Adelman isn't just blowing smoke up your skirt when he says people need to think about GETTING to the playoffs and not worrying about fine tuning how we'll play once we get there.

This is not the old Kings team. They haven't played together for years; they don't have the instinctual plays to fall back on. They're still trying to find a rhythm. Occasionally, like against Dallas, they get it right. Tonight, against a very hungry and determined Nuggets team, they didn't. It is really that simple.

KP said:
Wow ... you'd think that the nuggets are the heat ;)

Don't know as I'd make the statement that the kings aren't as talented, there are definitly better teams in the league than either!!!

wait a minute... we suffered from castrophic injuries ... what would stop that from happening to the heat or any other team???

Keep the faith friends!!!! I luck's got to change at some point with respect to injuries and the like

Let's face it ... a healthy Kings team would be amazing!!

VF21 said:
Last time I checked a double-digit loss only counts as one, just like a triple-overtime loss.

WHY do people keep acting as though a good performance in the playoffs is guaranteed? Rick Adelman isn't just blowing smoke up your skirt when he says people need to think about GETTING to the playoffs and not worrying about fine tuning how we'll play once we get there.

This is not the old Kings team. They haven't played together for years; they don't have the instinctual plays to fall back on. They're still trying to find a rhythm. Occasionally, like against Dallas, they get it right. Tonight, against a very hungry and determined Nuggets team, they didn't. It is really that simple.
Look, I agree with your post VF but that is why I'm pissed!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This "Team" isn't as talented as the Nuggets.
Talent-wise, I think we are very close.

However, injuries and lack of time together have definatly make the Nuggets the better team...At least now.

If we have all our roster, and have played a bit more together, and were more comfortable, I'd definatly think that the Kings would be the better team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AleksandarN said:
What happens when you are more talented you have to show for it, which we did not. We did not play well at all today. That is why I am upset.
Tonight's Kings were NOT the more talented team on the court. The Nuggets are playing excellent ball under George Karl. Give them their due.

VF21 said:

Well I aggree but it up to our old players to step up and help the team through it.

VF21 said:
Tonight's Kings were NOT the more talented team on the court. The Nuggets are playing excellent ball under George Karl. Give them their due.
Ok maybe I am Homer but I think we have the better team period. We are more talented PG SG and SF than they are compared to the lineup today. You can arguebly say that our bench is better too.

AleksandarN said:
Ok maybe I am Homer but I think we have the better team period. We are more talentedon the PG SG and SF than they are compared to the lineup today. You can arguebly say that our bench is better too.
With Brad and BJax, it is close. Without them, the Nuggets are much more talented. Especially their bigs. (SF, PF, C)

Status
Not open for further replies.