[Game] Kings @ Lakers, 11/26/21 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I get it. For the specific period of time that I grew up anyway... Magic and Bird were already old, Jordan was obviously great but he was a shoe salesman, Kobe was a ball hog who wanted to be the greatest so bad that he shut out his own teammates, Shaq was a force of nature but couldn't even shoot a free throw, KG was just sortof a weirdo on a bad team that nobody ever watched.
BEST SYNOPSIS EVER!!! :D This just nails it. roflmao

Post Game Presser
Coach Gentry
- I like how measured he is. Very factual, accountable, doesn't get drawn into self-aggrandizement over Luke, and doesn't get drawn into scripted gushing to inflate players egos after a big win. Very measured and confident in the team.

Fox
- Emphasizes their defense as a point of pride, results oriented, future focused, measured like his coach.

Haliburton
-Brings the energy to the presser, acknowledges the chemistry issue between he and Fox, says the right things about the mentality and the other team, emphasizes consistesty.

Checked my phone last night and we were trending, on two fronts!! :D
20211127_085354.jpg

-Youth played a big part in this game against old men. Legs are still fresh for sure

- Fox is now .1% away from tying his career best free throw percentage. He’s got way more arc in his shot all of a sudden. Might be finally using what he practiced in the off-season.

- I think that was Fox’s second dunk this year also

Last edited:
Yeah the closing LU is still really clear Fox-Hali-Buddy(or Mitchell for D)-Barnes-Holmes. But I do think Bagley and Metu are making a case to explore their development at the 4 as "Big 4s" with the ability to have some wing/perimeter skills. Both guys really took the challenge to defend LeBron and make possessions tough.
This is something in Metu that's impressed me since last year. Not the outcome, necessarily, but the gumption. Here's a 2nd-round pick w/everything to prove, but that kid has *never* looked psychologically overwhelmed by the moment. Last night, against both AD and Bron, he hunkered and looked for all the world like he fully intended to stop them each time they locked up. Psychologically, the kid has the chops.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I mean, maybe it's time to try and run it back and see if the new Bagley jumper is enough spacing from last year's starting 5. If Bagley wants to keep playing strong D like this and not being a sieve like he was last season, it makes that LU far more effective and easier to digest.

Or hell, maybe you get real creative and Len is the "opener" to get him on the floor with Fox and Holmes still plays 28-30 minutes off the bench and gets to destroy bench bigs. Gets him away from fully having to go vs the beefy Centers that Len is more well-suited to bang with down low. Sync up Fox/Len and Hali/Holmes where they can be most effective with each other. Holmes got his money and he obviously can see how effective Buddy has been off the bench with not much of a role decrease at all.
McNair's additions of Len and Jones don't look too bad right now.

I'd very much like Holmes as the backup center, as imo he could be an excellent backup in the league. The issue seems to be that if he's out there with, say Hield and Mitchell in the second unit, it's iffy whether they can get him the ball enough to take advantage of his pick and roll aptitude. And if he can't be used much in those pick and rolls you take away from what he does best - the mid range floater.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
It's, "Sprechen Sie deutsch?" We need to know each other a lot more before we go with "sprichst du..." :)
I *thought* the same thing, but it's been over 30 years since my German classes and I have no idea what the current idioms are or what is acceptable socially in the real world. That, and I can't remember more than a handful of phrases and some basic sentence structure. Unfortunately, when you don't use a language for that long you sure don't retain much.

No German classes or use by me for 50 years now. The only phrase I remember is "Du bist ein dumkopft" often spoken to me by my professors. Too bad I never understood what it meant.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Wo hast du gelernt?
High school and junior college. My college German teacher was the husband of my high school German teacher. She was from Garmisch-Partenkirchen; he was in the military and met her when he was stationed in Germany. Very neat couple that a friend and I taking the classes together got to know well and we visited with them at their home from time to time.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
High school and junior college. My college German teacher was the husband of my high school German teacher. She was from Garmisch-Partenkirchen; he was in the military and met her when he was stationed in Germany. Very neat couple that a friend and I taking the classes together got to know well and we visited with them at their home from time to time.
whats your favorite city in Germany?

did you attend a Bundesliga match while there?
no but I sure should have, her brother was a huge fan.
A few years ago we hosted some German foreign exchange high school students from Wuppertal. They seemed pretty disinterested in the Australian sites we took them to but give them a soccer ball and content as.
Did you have a favourite city?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
whats your favorite city in Germany?
I visited Munich in the late '80's as a teenager on a family vacation through Europe (flew into London, flew out of Rome) - unfortunately that's the only "big" city in Germany we hit on that trip. I remember loving all the places we visited in the Munich/Austria/Lichtenstein/Switzerland area (Basel, Freiburg im Breisgau, Hinterzarten, Lucerne, Zurich, Munich, Garmish-Partinkirchen, Innsbruck, etc.).

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I visited Munich in the late '80's as a teenager on a family vacation through Europe (flew into London, flew out of Rome) - unfortunately that's the only "big" city in Germany we hit on that trip. I remember loving all the places we visited in the Munich/Austria/Lichtenstein/Switzerland area (Basel, Freiburg im Breisgau, Hinterzarten, Lucerne, Zurich, Munich, Garmish-Partinkirchen, Innsbruck, etc.).
there is endless beauty and unlimited hidden gems all over Europe

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
no but I sure should have, her brother was a huge fan.
A few years ago we hosted some German foreign exchange high school students from Wuppertal. They seemed pretty disinterested in the Australian sites we took them to but give them a soccer ball and content as.
Did you have a favourite city?
in my brief time spent, I enjoyed Hamburg. Although I should of stayed a couple of days to really explore it.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
there is endless beauty and unlimited hidden gems all over Europe
Yeah, that's one of the things that makes travel so difficult in areas like that. You just want to go see everything. And you could take a year vacation and still miss things.

We might be taking a family trip to Europe this summer. Kind of a mini-repeat of my previous trip for my wife and son to experience some of Europe. We are likely hitting London, Paris, and Munich as the big cities, with some excursions into nearby areas as we can. The problem is, with only a couple weeks (instead of the 5± weeks we had in the '80's with my folks), you can only hit some of the highlights and not dig as deep into the outlying areas. But it is what it is, and getting a taste of it is better than never going at all!

One of my frustrations from our previous trip was that back then we didn't take a lot of photos to begin with (had cheap cameras, paying for film, development, etc.) and I can't find those photos right now. I want to go again (now that digital photography is basically free) and experience it all again. It was so long ago and I was pretty young. I really regret not having a bunch of photos from that trip to remember it all better.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yeah, that's one of the things that makes travel so difficult in areas like that. You just want to go see everything. And you could take a year vacation and still miss things.

We might be taking a family trip to Europe this summer. Kind of a mini-repeat of my previous trip for my wife and son to experience some of Europe. We are likely hitting London, Paris, and Munich as the big cities, with some excursions into nearby areas as we can. The problem is, with only a couple weeks (instead of the 5± weeks we had in the '80's with my folks), you can only hit some of the highlights and not dig as deep into the outlying areas. But it is what it is, and getting a taste of it is better than never going at all!

One of my frustrations from our previous trip was that back then we didn't take a lot of photos to begin with (had cheap cameras, paying for film, development, etc.) and I can't find those photos right now. I want to go again (now that digital photography is basically free) and experience it all again. It was so long ago and I was pretty young. I really regret not having a bunch of photos from that trip to remember it all better.
there is too much Planet Earth to see it all. Just be happy and content with what you do see and take it all in, enjoy every moment and that will be a satisfying vacation in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.