[Game] Kings @ Lakers, 11/26/21 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been starting because there really hasn't been a better option. Marvin was not playing well in his limited minutes earlier this year. Hopefully we continue to see more from Bagley in the next few games.
He's also starting because Harrison Barnes at the 3 next to Bagley/Holmes is a proven loser. If they were smart they'd figure that having a 3 guard unit is actually better on both ends. Buddy and Davis are so much more dangerous with Fox or Haliburton out there. This is where the mixed roster kind of fouls things up. It makes injuries easier to deal with but not all the pieces necessarily work in a complete form.

The only issue is he and Holmes haven't ever been the best together when it comes to spacing for De'Aaron. Len sets such good screens, and is taking 3's so it's not unworkable. Tristan and Bagley didn't do too bad but they've had their moments where defenses collapse on them too.
I mean, maybe it's time to try and run it back and see if the new Bagley jumper is enough spacing from last year's starting 5. If Bagley wants to keep playing strong D like this and not being a sieve like he was last season, it makes that LU far more effective and easier to digest.

Or hell, maybe you get real creative and Len is the "opener" to get him on the floor with Fox and Holmes still plays 28-30 minutes off the bench and gets to destroy bench bigs. Gets him away from fully having to go vs the beefy Centers that Len is more well-suited to bang with down low. Sync up Fox/Len and Hali/Holmes where they can be most effective with each other. Holmes got his money and he obviously can see how effective Buddy has been off the bench with not much of a role decrease at all.

I mean, maybe it's time to try and run it back and see if the new Bagley jumper is enough spacing from last year's starting 5. If Bagley wants to keep playing strong D like this and not being a sieve like he was last season, it makes that LU far more effective and easier to digest.

Or hell, maybe you get real creative and Len is the "opener" to get him on the floor with Fox and Holmes still plays 28-30 minutes off the bench and gets to destroy bench bigs. Gets him away from fully having to go vs the beefy Centers that Len is more well-suited to bang with down low. Sync up Fox/Len and Hali/Holmes where they can be most effective with each other. Holmes got his money and he obviously can see how effective Buddy has been off the bench with not much of a role decrease at all.
They could try but the one thing Walton did run into the ground was a Barnes/Bagley/Holmes frontline. And while De'Aaron is firing on all cylinders he'll get his, but then Barnes tends to fade.

that sounds like an excellent idea. If Gentry can figure out something like that we definitely can make the play in. I’m not gonna dream after 3 games or even 30 games just get in the play in lol

They could try but the one thing Walton did run into the ground was a Barnes/Bagley/Holmes frontline. And while De'Aaron is firing on all cylinders he'll get his, but then Barnes tends to fade.
IIRC, the starting 5 was still a positive unit from last year. It just wasn't as good as the death squad with Hali in and Barnes at the 4. And that's with Bagley being really bad on D and an inconsistent shooter. If he all of a sudden becomes neutral and a good spacer? hmmmm.

Gentry saying in presser he screwed up not calling a TO at the end and owning it….said the team bailed him out. Got to like him.
I really want monte to have a real coaching search and interview multiple candidates, whether it’s proven coaches like Kenny Atkinson or up and comers like Bobby Jackson. But if gentry keeps winning and having the players play hard, it’s kind of hard to not give him the job.

IIRC, the starting 5 was still a positive unit from last year. It just wasn't as good as the death squad with Hali in and Barnes at the 4. And that's with Bagley being really bad on D and an inconsistent shooter. If he all of a sudden becomes neutral and a good spacer? hmmmm.
It was positive on net rating but Walton ran the lineups so certain numbers are kind of fudged because there were only two real units he rolled with. Then there's the Haliburton part. Buddy was a huge part of making it work since he's the only true shooter. Haliburton and Fox basically play as a combo G unit.

It's funny that Kings fans are so petty, something that happened nearly 20 years ago still has pure hatred engrained in our hearts in any match-up vs the Lakers.
It wasn't one thing that happened 20 years ago. I've hated the Lakers pretty much my whole basketball watching life. It was just one of those things growing up in NorCal we generally did not like SoCal teams and then the kids/people that did tended to be really annoying about it and they also tended to like good teams from different cities in other sports, so you know they may be frontrunners too.

I really want monte to have a real coaching search and interview multiple candidates, whether it’s proven coaches like Kenny Atkinson or up and comers like Bobby Jackson. But if gentry keeps winning and having the players play hard, it’s kind of hard to not give him the job.
I think that was a part of the plan before the word came out about Vivek slobbering over Warriors leftovers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.