[Game] Kings @ Lakers 1/18/2023 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny I always say that Domas is more Vlade than Webber, just in terms of gluing the offense together, but I just looked it up and Vlade turned 31 in Feb of 99.

Depending on how far we go this year HB will turn 31 during our playoff run or during our offseason.

So if we want to keep him here, he's good for a whole glory years long run.
Great point. Some are way too quick to assume that a guy in great shape who does everything he can to take care of himself, would likely lose effectiveness at a still young age. If he fits the team and coach (he does), then re-sign him to a full contract

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
the stretch where the game went from why am I watching to wait a second, are we actually in this I am pretty sure Kev was even playing the facilitator role he normally receives from. Much like Domas sometimes quietly has a great game, so did Red Velvet tonight. Especially when you consider how Domas has been a big part of his success.

If Dom doesn't play, we don't win.

But...

Dom is going to play. And we will win.

If Dom doesn't play, but we still win, I will be the first one on this board to admit and apologize...
Since I am a man of my word(s)...

I would like to take this opportunity to admit my earlier blunder, and apologize for thinking that we wouldn't stand a chance without Dom.

Oh, and...

DAMN, DOES IT FEEL GOOD TO BE A KINGS FAN TONIGHT!!!

the stretch where the game went from why am I watching to wait a second, are we actually in this I am pretty sure Kev was even playing the facilitator role he normally receives from. Much like Domas sometimes quietly has a great game, so did Red Velvet tonight. Especially when you consider how Domas has been a big part of his success.
I think it was during the postgame/studio segment of our TNT game against the Nets in November when Kenny Smith, I believe, said that Kevin was one of the more underrated offseason signings, if not the most underrated signing. And I agreed with him back then, and I agree with him even more now. KH has been phenomenal for us. Especially when his long ball is falling. When he is locked in from behind the line, we're a DANGEROUS team.

We sure looked like a playoff/50-win team out there tonight.

There are certain matchups where Fox being able to takeover is even more important, the Lakers are one of them.

We've got 4 good teams to play at home and then a big 7 game road trip. Glad we took care of buisness vs the easier opponents going into this stretch.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Ok. I'm back.

The whole NBA world needs to eat crow right about now. Starting with Sactowndog, SLAB, and KB02 the bet welcher.
Seriously, let's not call people out, particularly those that are obviously passionate fans, whatever you might remember them having said. Nothing good is going to come of it. Nothing.

Ok. I'm back.

The whole NBA world needs to eat crow right about now. Starting with Sactowndog, SLAB, and KB02 the bet welcher.
As someone who just so happens to have all those members on the ignore list for a while now. I have no interest/find 0 redeeming value in seeing members like these eat crow. It'd be akin to watching a child get their comeuppance, if thats entertaining to you so be it.

But really It reminds me of how thankful I am for the ignore feature, without it, these posters who seem to not be paying much attention but still freely post these scathing attacks on (young) players would have successfully ran me off the forum.

Last edited:

Off topic but Kings draught and the real draught possibly breaking the same year is pretty nuts. If good things come in 3s what’s the last piece?
If, by "Kings draught" (which is spelled "drought", by the way), you mean "Kings postseason drought", then the last piece obviously will be the "Kings championship drought"...Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.