Kings @ Knicks Game Thread, 2/9, 4:30 p.m. PST

WTF moment of the game?

• Another late game collapse.

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • No answer for Bosh. Super Donte was showing so much promise.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I set my alarm for this?

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, according to Grant and Jerry this upcoming game against the Knicks is going to be a media circus. I'd really rather have the team be left alone. 20 losses in 23 games. The team is being outplayed, lacks focus, passion, and is generally playing sucktastic basketball right now. The streak they are on now is the type of horrible swan dive tanking teams tend to give their fans towards the end of the season so that they can keep their hopes up for the lottery. Send a memo to the guys: You may as well play to win at least a few of these games, seeing as there's no way you're catching up to New Jersey.

*sigh* :(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Bosh just saw all that he needed to see. I don't suppose he was too impressed either. If we keep showing all of these potential big name free agents a lackluster effort they're sure to stay away. The way you woo a superstar is to go handing his current team a right good *** whoopin'! Well, that's what I would want a team interested in me to do, anyway. In all honesty, the Kings played three and a half solid quarters of basketball. Par for the course. It's gettin' to the point I never expect the fellas to win. A bad spot to be in.

Awards:

TDM - Antoine Wright. Ugh.

LW-VC -Amir Johnson was their only inconsistent player.

JHA - Casspi. First timer, too. I think.

SAR- Metuselah - Udoka. Played his age.

RA&1 - Donte Greene. I had such high hopes.

WTF moment of the game - I forgot what I voted for, but I could have used the extra sleep.

The Knicks are for all intents and purposes a better team than we are right now.Take a look at their starting lineup and please, PLEASE, tell me why:

Predictions:

Kings 100, Knicks 97 (crosses fingers)

Pts: Martin 30, Robinson 22
Asst: Evans 6, Robinson 5
Rbds: Hawes 7, Lee 10
Blocks: Greene 3, Jeffries 1

Probable Starters:

Kings / Knicks

Evans / Robinson: Evans would manhandle him if healthy.
Martin / Chandler: With Martin right now, you just don't know anything.
Greene / Gallinari: Greene matches up well against him.
Thompson / Jeffries: JT is probably due.
Hawes / Lee: Probably won't even bother defending each other.

The final two games before the all-star break are winnable games. So let's DO IT! WE NEED THEM WINS!!

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
Omri Casspi and his father met with David Stern today and the New York Jewish community held reception for him afterwards. The kings are expecting good turnout of support for Casspi and them at the game.

Last edited:
we can win this, i hope Westphal will let Casspi play, i think he is trying and unlike some other guys on this team (with a few more years in this league), he wants to play and he is trying to do his best even if he doesn't score much (and i don't think it was his fault in the last game), after the last time Westphal taught him a lesson (wich was o.k.) it took him a few games to come back and gain his confidence, and this team looks like...right now so i hope he will make the right move and let him play, especially before the all star week end and infront his family.
i still belive that what this team is showing right now is only a mental thing.

I'm not confident we can beat New York anymore, that's how bad it's gotten yes. and yes I'm not confident we can even beat the New Jersey Nets on the road either. :(

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Ending the first half on a positive note would be nice. I'll be interested in seeing how the minutes play out, as it has been a topic of discussion as of late. I'm going with a shootout 128-124. I don't know who will win.

at the rate we're playing right now and with Minnesota on a little bit of a tear recently, i predict we will have the second worst record in the league rather shortly here.

John Wall, here we come! Hopefully!

Last edited:
at the rate we're playing right now and with Minnesota on a little bit of a tear recently, i predict we will have the second worst record in the league rather shortly here.

John Wall, here we come! Hopefully!
If John Wall is 1st pick then we will get no. 3 even if we finish better (or worse). Best thing to do is win 3 of the next 4. Let's hope for a good showing against New York win or lose.

BUT...David Lee is VERY good...and he is big...which always poses a problem for our young bucks. He will play with us like a chew toy if we're not careful.

piksi

Hall of Famer
have guests - can't watch the game

hate unannounced people just showing up on my door

in this age of technology - there is no excuse for not giving me a chance to lie myself into watching the game

BUT...David Lee is VERY good...and he is big...which always poses a problem for our young bucks. He will play with us like a chew toy if we're not careful.
Interesting comment by Coach W right at the end of his pre-game interview with G-Man. He said the Kings are worried more about Lee than barrage of 3's than the Knicks can put up. He said they will be going to Hawes early and possibly often to keep Lee working on D as much as he works to get up and down in transition.

Martin is not in the starting lineup! Beno instead.

Edit: Mark D.Antoni's pregame strategy: make Evans shoot jumpshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.