[Game] Kings @ Knicks, 3pm Pacific, 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s worth pointing out that the Knicks were hitting absolutely everything and we were bricking open shots all night but still lost by just 13. After that abysmal start falling behind 14 we actually won quarters 2-4 by 1 point. Small comfort but as bad as it was that we never made the run we so badly needed we weren’t out of it even with seemingly everyone looking like dogcrap.

Domantas was a beast and continues to make an all-star case. I feel like maybe Mike Brown keeping the starters in til the final buzzer was a deliberate coaching decision to set up the fury he’ll unleash in the locker room. Suspect no Kings behind the scenes twitter posts tonight

after starting 0-4 we briefly got to a 60 win pace, which has now dropped to 55. But we’re entering mid-December 3 games over .500. Fox being hurt during one of the toughest stretches of our schedule means this will probably get uglier as we’re only halfway thru this road trip. But it’s not time for anyone to puke all over the hardwood yet, not by a long shot
or you could say Randle got ejected and Brunson got hurt and we still couldn’t win. Wasn’t much to polish this turd. I kind of wish we kept feeding Huerter 3 point shots all game and let him find his stroke again. Last 10 games he is shooting 28% from 3

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
after starting 0-4 we briefly got to a 60 win pace, which has now dropped to 55. But we’re entering mid-December 3 games over .500. Fox being hurt during one of the toughest stretches of our schedule means this will probably get uglier as we’re only halfway thru this road trip. But it’s not time for anyone to puke all over the hardwood yet, not by a long shot
Considering I had 50 as a ceiling and most thought me insane, and we haven't even hit the "soft" part of the schedule yet, a 55 win pace is insane.

Still probably tops out at 4 because I imagine at least one team in our division can win ~57.

It’s worth pointing out that the Knicks were hitting absolutely everything and we were bricking open shots all night but still lost by just 13. After that abysmal start falling behind 14 we actually won quarters 2-4 by 1 point. Small comfort but as bad as it was that we never made the run we so badly needed we weren’t out of it even with seemingly everyone looking like dogcrap.

Domantas was a beast and continues to make an all-star case. I feel like maybe Mike Brown keeping the starters in til the final buzzer was a deliberate coaching decision to set up the fury he’ll unleash in the locker room. Suspect no Kings behind the scenes twitter posts tonight

Good thing is that Fox isn't injured injured. He's just resting up and trying to rehabilitate that foot. He can come back at anytime I think.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kings would have beaten the Knicks with a healthy Fox.
All that really matters is the good of the Cleveland win was immediately undone and they need to step up and win the next game they have to win. If they steal the Raptors game, all the better. 2-4 isn’t the end of the world. It’s a tough trip.

All that really matters is the good of the Cleveland win was immediately undone and they need to step up and win the next game they have to win. If they steal the Raptors game, all the better. 2-4 isn’t the end of the world. It’s a tough trip.
Yeah, no need to jump off the deep end quite yet. It was a bad game and probably the only truly bad game from start to finish the Kings have had all year. They still have the Pistons to end this road trip and if you can split Tor/PHI, we'll be just fine.

If we play well, we have the talent, chemistry and coaching to win more games than we lose. It’s that simple.
Yeah, and now the question is how much more. The West is a nightmare and with this recent Myers news it's hard not to have Vivek level fear about what happens should this team end up outside of true success, lol.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Myers, like Monte, is on the last year of his deal. Since Vivek was from GS originally, that makes people put two and two together and decide that obviously Vivek is going to ditch Monte and the program he's building here and try to hire Myers away from the Warriors. It's all pure speculation.

Yeah, and now the question is how much more. The West is a nightmare and with this recent Myers news it's hard not to have Vivek level fear about what happens should this team end up outside of true success, lol.
When I posted the news about Myers, I did so to point out that another franchise had a similar situation and maybe it wasn’t as big of a deal as we have made it out to be. Happened in Toronto and then I think it was Indy last year (I could be wrong on this one but it was a respected Front office guy somewhere).Owner basically said they want Bob back, I’d be shocked if he goes elsewhere.

Plus, I can’t imagine Bob leaves several time Nba champion Warriors for a treadmilling team like the Kings :)

I wonder if we sit Fox for two more games and bring him back against Detroit. Both the next two games are going to be tough given they are back to back. Would like to squeak out one and then come in with an refreshed Fox at Detroit

I wonder if we sit Fox for two more games and bring him back against Detroit. Both the next two games are going to be tough given they are back to back. Would like to squeak out one and then come in with an refreshed Fox at Detroit
At this point, hold him out until he's damn close to 100%. I'd much rather have him good to go the last 20 games of the year while we push for a playoff spot than him deal with a nagging foot the entire season.

Myers, like Monte, is on the last year of his deal. Since Vivek was from GS originally, that makes people put two and two together and decide that obviously Vivek is going to ditch Monte and the program he's building here and try to hire Myers away from the Warriors. It's all pure speculation.
Ahh gotcha, thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.