[Game] Kings @ Knicks, 3pm Pacific, 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even on a bad game like this we could have still won with above average free throws.
Tough to say, Thibs has been running clock for a full quarter. Thibs is going to grind things to an ugly, bleak halt if he's ahead, haha. The Knicks won the strategic game even with their two main guys going out.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
What you just played is one of the most insanely idiotic games I have ever seen. At no point in your bumbling, incoherent sets, were you even close to anything that could be considered a basketball play. Everyone in this arena is now dumber for having watched it. I award you 99 points, and may David Stern have mercy on your beam.

kings wouldn't have been able to beat the best g-league team tonight let alone a team without Randle and Bronson. just not their night tonight

Eh, we were probably due for a game like this. I wonder if any other team went through 24 games without having a total dud so far this season? We didn’t have it from the jump. Randle cool off? Doesn’t help. Randle gets tossed? Doesn’t help Brunson leaves with an injury? Doesn’t help

Barnes was really sloppy
Domas misses a ton of throws again and was sloppy
Keegan fouled a bunch.
Monk may be entering into his required Kings slump
Nothing to speak of from anyone else.
Brown had his worst game for the kings. The trap at the top of the key was bad and some odd lineups for a bit. Unfortunately he didn’t have a playmaker to turn to since Monk and TD didn’t have it. Mitchell didn’t do much either

Games after huge wins (Cavs) always seem prime for a let down.

Worst performance of the season. Out of it from the jump.

20 team assists. Kings just getting caught up in these slow paced games on this road trip. Kings typically high 20’s even in most of their L’s.

Got destroyed on the glass.

no energy.

in the third before Randle got ejected the Knicks ran the same play seemingly 10 times in a row. Even with the Kings up and down defense this season that was the first time this season I’ve seen the Kings get worked over by the same basic play over again.

gotta get the Toronto and Detroit games. If they can get Philly, great but the Kings seem to be stuck in slo-mo on this road trip. Last road trip it was turnovers. This road trip it’s teams dictating the pace.

Well Mitchell Robinson is quite a matchup nightmare for this current team. good thing he's stuck in the east, also good thing there's no one else in the league with quite his physical profile so it's not an issue we'll run into elsewhere.

Eh, we were probably due for a game like this. I wonder if any other team went through 24 games without having a total dud so far this season? We didn’t have it from the jump. Randle cool off? Doesn’t help. Randle gets tossed? Doesn’t help? Brunson leaves with an injury? Doesn’t help?

Barnes was really sloppy
Domas misses a ton of throws again and was sloppy
Keegan fouled a bunch.
Monk may be entering into his required Kings slump
Nothing to speak of from anyone else.
Brown had his worst game for the kings. The trap at the top of the key was bad and some odd lineups for a bit. Unfortunately he didn’t have a playmaker to turn to since Monk and TD didn’t have it. Mitchell didn’t do much either

Games after huge wins (Cavs) always seem prime for a let down.
This is obviously a much different team without Fox but with the build up before the game I really thought we were going to see a bunch of pick and roll called for Davion. Not really though. They didn't really run much until late for Monk. For awhile, the only legit pick and roll play was between.... ahem.... Lyles and Metu. Little things like that will take you from that 4/5 range, to the bottom of the play in and this year that's like potentially a 2 game span, lol.

We always talk of playing fast. But with fox out are we really a fast team?
I think they can be, but only if Monk starts at point guard. That is what Coach Brown tried out in the fourth quarter. Mixed results, as they only scored 19 points, even less than the 22 in the first quarter, but you did see the Monk-Sabonis pick and roll get going.

The Kings half court sets have been slow all year. A ton of weave, dribble hand off, post up plays. The Kings aren't really that fast to be honest. I think the PACE is a little artificially inflated because of how much shooting they have. They've just been insanely efficient overall. They are 21st in FGA's per game. So far they've been putting up crazy FG% numbers and have been getting to the line fairly well. It's been their defense lately that's been a difference but going back to the 2 PF frontline off the bench and more doubling could kill those numbers in a hurry if they don't watch out.

We're not, but thats sort of the way the NBA works(when your starting PG's injured), more than it being a 'Kings issue'/

The day that many teams have reliable blazing fast backup PG's to put in, is the day I bet we'll look in the standings and see very little parity around the league, cuz the have-nots will get bludgeoned.

Perhaps the first Memphis game was worse. Desmond Bane torched us for 31 points. Memphis had seven guys in double figures and shot 14 of 33 from deep. Suffice it to say, the Kings' defense was abysmal.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Perhaps the first Memphis game was worse. Desmond Bane torched us for 31 points. Memphis had seven guys in double figures and shot 14 of 33 from deep. Suffice it to say, the Kings' defense was abysmal.
I don't know if any of us expected to win that one. I feel like after Friday we were on cloud 9 and thought this was a good chance to keep rolling.

It’s worth pointing out that the Knicks were hitting absolutely everything and we were bricking open shots all night but still lost by just 13. After that abysmal start falling behind 14 we actually won quarters 2-4 by 1 point. Small comfort but as bad as it was that we never made the run we so badly needed we weren’t out of it even with seemingly everyone looking like dogcrap.

Domantas was a beast and continues to make an all-star case. I feel like maybe Mike Brown keeping the starters in til the final buzzer was a deliberate coaching decision to set up the fury he’ll unleash in the locker room. Suspect no Kings behind the scenes twitter posts tonight

after starting 0-4 we briefly got to a 60 win pace, which has now dropped to 55. But we’re entering mid-December 3 games over .500. Fox being hurt during one of the toughest stretches of our schedule means this will probably get uglier as we’re only halfway thru this road trip. But it’s not time for anyone to puke all over the hardwood yet, not by a long shot

Status
Not open for further replies.