[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - Friday, April 6 - 5 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry this MEM team was a bunch of D-league no one's. we are so KANGZ when it comes to tanking. I can only hope there is a God that will have mercy on this franchises absolute unwillingness to ever tank correctly. I've been impressed by Bog and Fox's clutch-ness this year but this game was garbage against garbage players.

This was the most unimpressive win all season.

I hate this weird feeling of not being able to fully enjoy Kings wins. Can we please get out of this weird race for the worst stuff! The one great thing about not having a pick next year is there will be no point in resting veterans or tanking. No Lins: all wins and all losses
I mean, we still have to develop these guys so seeing the veterans play isn't exactly appealing to some of us. Furthermore, I'm expecting next year to be even more frustrating as the team fails to really establish itself as anything more than a talent deprived treadmill team.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of stuff to whine and argue about.

Well, I suppose it's good to see that our young core is able to eek out a win against a bunch of G-leaguers thrown out by a franchise that's desperately trying to lose.

The future is bright!
yeah.. I don't know how anyone could be excited by this win tonight. struggled to beat a team who was led by Marshon Brooks.

If anything, it continues to show how much we desperately need a blue chip prospect.

Hahahaha. We’re gonna pay for this win for a long time. Hahahahaha.
Screw it. Good job kings.......
This particular win will probably end up inconsequential for the future of the franchise, that is it will most likely not affect our lottery position as subtracting this win at the end of the season will leave us in the same 6th spot. Betting odds say that Orlando/Dallas will not get within a game of us, and the Nets/Chicago will not end up tied with us... hope that helps soften the blow :)

This particular win will probably end up inconsequential for the future of the franchise, that is it will most likely not affect our lottery position as subtracting this win at the end of the season will leave us in the same 6th spot. Betting odds say that Orlando/Dallas will not get within a game of us, and the Nets/Chicago will not end up tied with us... hope that helps soften the blow :)
This!

Hopefully Joeger will have team practicing hard all day then hit the weight room after an all you can eat pizza buffet with some sort of drinking game going on tbroughout the day....then we will be ready to challenge Memphis....if you want to play in game muh eat 1 large pizza and polish off a 12 pack before tipoff
I’m sure someone will take issue with your sense of humor, but I appreciated it.

The Cleveland F’ing Browns have a brighter future than us. Different sports I know, but we suck so bad as a franchise we even suck at sucking.

Not going to let the negativity in this thread take over, so here are the positive take aways:
- Fox / Bogdan backcourt winning another game by coming up clutch. This is insane and probably on a historic frequency by now. Is there any way to look this up?
- Justin Jackson confidence in his shot rising
- Buddy Hield's end of season transformation into Kawhi and giving Ben Mclemore flashbacks

Not going to let the negativity in this thread take over, so here are the positive take aways:
- Fox / Bogdan backcourt winning another game by coming up clutch. This is insane and probably on a historic frequency by now. Is there any way to look this up?
- Justin Jackson confidence in his shot rising
- Buddy Hield's end of season transformation into Kawhi and giving Ben Mclemore flashbacks
!!!!!!!!!!

For the zealots saying, "Well, I enjoy all wins. Even those by a 20 something win team against a devastated squad. But, I certainly don't enjoy people throwing math and probabilities in my face saying wins can be bad. So, I'm happy next year we don't have a draft pick. That's going to improve the discourse around here. We're all going to be on the same page."

I would say ... wake up and smell the coffee.

The Kings suck. The Kings suck for several years. When an NBA team sucks, NBA fans and NBA media find and sell hope. For a team like the Kings without a ton of assets to trade and with free agency to NBA Siberia not really an option, the draft is the primary beacon of hope.

The Kings are going to be bad again next year. Except, in November 2018, the team will be bad and the Kings next hight draft pick will be almost 2 years away. Some fans and media will vaguely imply the players will get better and hope for a 2019 free agency bonanza. That narrative isn't going to be super effective, because this is the Sacramento Kings and fans know how free agency works here.

Instead, fans and the media are going to hype and over hype our prospects. Not just general we have a lot of kids hype. Specific player hype will be the primary medicine. "It's OK that we're bad now, because player X is going to play like player Y in a few years." Nobody is going to debate whether a victory over the Suns was a Woss. But, I anticipate some testy exchanges regarding prospects that are being overhyped.

Being bad without a draft pick to soften the blow and give hope is a rough ride. I think some fans trying to find a bright side to not having one are kidding themselves.

GW count:
Fox - 4(?)
Bogie - 2
Despite us sacrificing draft position in order to "develop the youngsters" and "learn how to win," I am encouraged by the clutch play of Fox and Bogi. While we can all debate whether there's an All Star between them, I'll take a clutch player over an All Star on a playoff team, any day.
And, despite being turnover prone at this stage of his career, I think Buddy will proved to be every bit as clutch as F&B. It's a good feeling to have three guys in your backcourt be young and clutch with no apparent personality clashes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
For the zealots saying, "Well, I enjoy all wins. Even those by a 20 something win team against a devastated squad. But, I certainly don't enjoy people throwing math and probabilities in my face saying wins can be bad. So, I'm happy next year we don't have a draft pick. That's going to improve the discourse around here. We're all going to be on the same page."

I would say ... wake up and smell the coffee.

The Kings suck. The Kings suck for several years. When an NBA team sucks, NBA fans and NBA media find and sell hope. For a team like the Kings without a ton of assets to trade and with free agency to NBA Siberia not really an option, the draft is the primary beacon of hope.

The Kings are going to be bad again next year. Except, in November 2018, the team will be bad and the Kings next hight draft pick will be almost 2 years away. Some fans and media will vaguely imply the players will get better and hope for a 2019 free agency bonanza. That narrative isn't going to be super effective, because this is the Sacramento Kings and fans know how free agency works here.

Instead, fans and the media are going to hype and over hype our prospects. Not just general we have a lot of kids hype. Specific player hype will be the primary medicine. "It's OK that we're bad now, because player X is going to play like player Y in a few years." Nobody is going to debate whether a victory over the Suns was a Woss. But, I anticipate some testy exchanges regarding prospects that are being overhyped.

Being bad without a draft pick to soften the blow and give hope is a rough ride. I think some fans trying to find a bright side to not having one are kidding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.