[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - Friday, April 6 - 5 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This could either be fun or the most painful NBA game ever seen on TV, or in person, or via the Internet. I don't think there's any chance of it being anywhere in between.

I'm gonna watch, I'm gonna look for something to be excited about, and I'm going to hope for heart, hustle, energy and effort.

GO KINGS!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks to JKbiker:

@memgrizz injury/status report, April 6 vs @SacramentoKings:
OUT
M. Conley (L heel)
M. Gasol (rest)
J. Green (R/L knee soreness)
A. Harrison (R wrist/L shoulder)
J. Martin (L ankle)
C. Parsons (R/L knee soreness)
W. Selden (R knee soreness)
T. Evans (personal) remains NWT.

Thankfully the Nets messed up and won last night giving the Kings a 1 game cushion for 6th. Kings are 2 games behind 4th or 5th but also 2 games from 8th or 9th. The talent difference between 4th and 9th is huge! That's the difference of Michael Porter Jr. or Zhaire Smith.

I never say this but dropping this game might be nice. Lose this game and then win every other one. Kings need the cushion to not drop to 9th. Losing this one game nearly guarantees picking at least 6th, and keeps the Kings in contention for 4th. Winning it puts the Kings in real danger of picking 9th.

This is as close to a guaranteed win we will ever have. I’m headed up to Tahoe in 2 hours. I plan on dropping some really good cash on the kings. Only thing that will stop me is if they pulled the game from the betting board.

This is when I really wish the NBA had some sort of relegation. People want to stop tanking? THAT would stop tanking. In premier league you see lower level teams playing their hearts out to stay above the relegation line. Those teams that do get relegated, their fans are crying. Their players are devestated. Their owners are freaking out because the amount of money they lose is pretty substantial.
I know it will never happen but oh man, one can dream.........
Memphis is a freaking embarrassment and should lose their lottery pick. Again, will never happen but one can dream......

This is as close to a guaranteed win we will ever have. I’m headed up to Tahoe in 2 hours. I plan on dropping some really good cash on the kings. Only thing that will stop me is if they pulled the game from the betting board.

This is when I really wish the NBA had some sort of relegation. People want to stop tanking? THAT would stop tanking. In premier league you see lower level teams playing their hearts out to stay above the relegation line. Those teams that do get relegated, their fans are crying. Their players are devestated. Their owners are freaking out because the amount of money they lose is pretty substantial.
I know it will never happen but oh man, one can dream.........
Memphis is a freaking embarrassment and should lose their lottery pick. Again, will never happen but one can dream......
They have definitely taken tanking to a crazy level. This definitely looks like a win though and I'm not sure the Kings could tank hard enough to lose even if they tried.

Something tells me Kings will lose this one...Memphis G-leagueres have been getting a lot of practice and will beat our G-leagueres.
Hopefully Joeger will have team practicing hard all day then hit the weight room after an all you can eat pizza buffet with some sort of drinking game going on tbroughout the day....then we will be ready to challenge Memphis....if you want to play in game muh eat 1 large pizza and polish off a 12 pack before tipoff

Will Memphis play Ben McLemore?

If they do, the Grizzlies win. So, perhaps they will DNP him.

But more interesting will be to see how Bogi/Buddy do against a much taller defender, even though Ben is not considered an exceedingly adept defender (but size he has).

With all the other guys out, it would seem that they HAVE to play Ben - and maybe for 40 minutes.

Let's make Ben's over/under point total 20 1/2. I say "over".

Memphis

Date Pos Player Injury Status

11/17/17 PG Mike Conley Achilles is out for season

04/05/18 G Andrew Harrison Wrist is downgraded to OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 F Chandler Parsons Knee is downgraded to OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 F JaMychal Green Knee is downgraded to OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 F Jarell Martin Ankle is downgraded to OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 C Marc Gasol Rest is OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 G Tyreke Evans Personal is out indefinitely

04/05/18 G Wayne Selden Undisclosed is OUT Friday vs Sacramento

Last edited:

But more interesting will be to see how Bogi/Buddy do against a much taller defender, even though Ben is not considered an exceedingly adept defender (but size he has).

With all the other guys out, it would seem that they HAVE to play Ben - and maybe for 40 minutes.

Memphis

Date Pos Player Injury Status

11/17/17 PG Mike Conley Achilles is out for season

04/05/18 G Andrew Harrison Wrist is downgraded to OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 F Chandler Parsons Knee is downgraded to OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 F JaMychal Green Knee is downgraded to OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 F Jarell Martin Ankle is downgraded to OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 C Marc Gasol Rest is OUT Friday vs Sacramento

04/05/18 G Tyreke Evans Personal is out indefinitely

04/05/18 G Wayne Selden Undisclosed is OUT Friday vs Sacramento
So we are basically playing against their local 24 hour fitness ballers

Considering Ben's season high is 21 pts (only once), that would be a poor bet.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Gotta love how Ben put his foot on the line to prevent Fox from accidentally taking a two instead of a three.

Status
Not open for further replies.