Kings get #4 pick

... although Jerry Reynolds was VERY down on Jennings on the radio show, for what it's worth......
Not much...good ole' JR was one of the driving forces in picking Outta Service Pervis, so he can kiss my you know what too. Petrie needs to just lock himself in a gym by himself where he can conduct pre-draft workouts on his own, and not be influenced by ANYONE else.

Yeah, im pretty sure Sessions was about as pure PG as they get...
Okay...too his credit, he DID go into a slump from like January to April. He only had one game of more than 8 assists after January 7 this year, before that he had a bunch...and when he was slumping, that was right about when Redd went out for the season.

Memphis was trying to ditch Conley ALL YEAR. They were trying to get Sessions. Who would YOU choose between Rubio and Conley?
I read that Memphis shot down the rumor. Conley is their PG and they even traded Lowry to make room for him.

Between Conly and Rubio, it's not even close, imo. Conley is going to be a much better player than Rubio. The only question about Conley is whether he can knock down the 3-pt shot, he make 40% from beyond the arc last season. By the time he's in his prime, Conley is going to be a stud.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not much...good ole' JR was one of the driving forces in picking Outta Service Pervis, so he can kiss my you know what too. Petrie needs to just lock himself in a gym by himself where he can conduct pre-draft workouts on his own, and not be influenced by ANYONE else.
Sorry, but you're wrong about that. Jerry Reynolds did NOT want Pervis. That was the choice of Bill Russell, who was sure he saw something special in Ellison and could not be persuaded otherwise.

Sorry, but you're wrong about that. Jerry Reynolds did NOT want Pervis. That was the choice of Bill Russell, who was sure he saw something special in Ellison and could not be persuaded otherwise.
Sorry VF, I'm just a little frustrated here! I think you're right about Russell and Ellison. And we have Gregg Lukenbill to thank for the Bill Russell debacle. Okay, I'm not upset anymore...gooz frappa...gooz frappa...

Nope, didnt work, still frustrated! :D

NBAdraft.net has us taking Jordan Hill...while Draftexpress.com has us taking a more believable Brandon Jennings. Okay boys and girls, here we go...one full months of what ifs!! :D

I

Iliveinsac916

This is one of disappointing moments i ever had since i became a kings fan.

lets just have faith in Petrie.

Sorry VF, I'm just a little frustrated here! I think you're right about Russell and Ellison. And we have Gregg Lukenbill to thank for the Bill Russell debacle. Okay, I'm not upset anymore...gooz frappa...gooz frappa...

Nope, didnt work, still frustrated! :D
JR was talking about this the other night. HRussell said he already had his man picked out. When Jerry asked if they couldn't at least have him in for a workout, Russell said no, his mind was set on Ellison. :rolleyes:

JR was talking about this the other night. HRussell said he already had his man picked out. When Jerry asked if they couldn't at least have him in for a workout, Russell said no, his mind was set on Ellison. :rolleyes:
Yeah, now that I've calmed down a little from an hour or two ago, I think I remember that too. I think Reynolds wanted Danny Ferry, didnt he?? We REALLY needed Sean Elliott, but NOOOOOO HOF'er William Russell was set on Outta Service Pervis, I guess. *sigh*

We all need to relax. The Kings aren't going anywhere for awhile, I understand the frustration, but what we have is the #4 pick. Unless we trade it, we need to get someone who can help this team, then hope for a superstar in 2010 FA or the draft. Here's the #4 picks for the past 10 years:

1999 - Lamar Odom (LA Clippers)
2000 - Marcus Fizer (Chicago Bulls)
2001 - Eddy Curry (Chicago Bulls)
2002 - Drew Gooden (Memphis Grizzlies)
2003 - Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors)
2004 - Shaun Livingston (LA Clippers)
2005 - Chris Paul (New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets)
2006 - Tyrus Thomas (Portland Trailblazers)
2007 - Mike Conley Jr. (Memphis Grizzlies)
2008 - Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)

Lets clear our heads, some of these teams rebuilt themselves from the ground up with a lot worse. And others rebuilt themselves with just one pick! CP3, Bosh, Gooden, Odom? and I liked Livingston. Just thought I'd help clear some heads.

We all need to relax. The Kings aren't going anywhere for awhile, I understand the frustration, but what we have is the #4 pick. Unless we trade it, we need to get someone who can help this team, then hope for a superstar in 2010 FA or the draft. Here's the #4 picks for the past 10 years:

1999 - Lamar Odom (LA Clippers)
2000 - Marcus Fizer (Chicago Bulls)
2001 - Eddy Curry (Chicago Bulls)
2002 - Drew Gooden (Memphis Grizzlies)
2003 - Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors)
2004 - Shaun Livingston (LA Clippers)
2005 - Chris Paul (New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets)
2006 - Tyrus Thomas (Portland Trailblazers)
2007 - Mike Conley Jr. (Memphis Grizzlies)
2008 - Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)

Lets clear our heads, some of these teams rebuilt themselves from the ground up with a lot worse. And others rebuilt themselves with just one pick! CP3, Bosh, Gooden, and I liked Livingston. Just thought I'd help clear some heads.
marcus fizer haha

And the sad thing is that this draft is compared to the draft where Fizer was picked 4th. Now comparing this draft to the one where Raptors picked Bosh at 4 is laughable.

In a weak draft we needed a top 2 pick and we got the worst case scenario as we expected. Just depressing but then again we are the Sacramento Kings so it should come as no surprise.

And the sad thing is that this draft is compared to the draft where Fizer was picked 4th. Now comparing this draft to the one where Raptors picked Bosh at 4 is laughable.

In a weak draft we needed a top 2 pick and we got the worst case scenario as we expected. Just depressing but then again we are the Sacramento Kings so it should come as no surprise.
bad day to be a kings fan. Bah, lakers just won too :mad:

Wow. I guess not too many on this board are optomistic (not a shot at you). It's the #4 pick people! It's better than the #5 pick right? Haha.

Dripping irony; The Maloofs - big time Vegas shakers and movers lose big time at the NBA Lottery table (at a crucial time in the history of the franchise). Could this just be a case of bad juju?

Actually, upon reading the ESPN article, it seems to me the Clippers do want Griffin--meaning that they'll most likely aggressively shop Zach Randolph or Chris Kaman (if Randolph's contract/bad attitude doesn't allow him to be moved). He is the BPA after all. But I don't think this stops Memphis from getting Rubio--they sorely need a great lead point guard, and Conley has disappointed on many levels and they're not going to hesitate to trade him if they have the opportunity to get Rubio. They also need a big swatter so they might look at Thabeet in order to move Marc Gasol down to PF, but I don't think they're looking in that direction as Rubio is probably too enticing for them.

Either way, Thabeet would most likely be drafted 3rd still, but hypothetically, if Memphis somehow wants Thabeet and drafts him there, I can't see OKC passing up on Rubio either--he's an unselfish pure PG who can orchestrate their offense, as Westbrook's not a pure point, so they'd happily snatch him up on the off chance he falls. Which means that, it's near impossible to get Rubio.