[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Hollinger says Okc coach is the coach of the year if they get to 41 wins. They have been great but come on! No playoffs for 16 years! 9 years total of winning records in franchise history! These analytic geeks are starting to lose me. They all they think they have everything figured out and what players are valuable and which ones aren’t. They worship the ground Presti walks on. He is a fantastic talent evaluator (maybe the best) and a good Gm but get over it. Brown is the coach of the year, I’ll hear nothing else

Hollinger says Okc coach is the coach of the year if they get to 41 wins. They have been great but come on! No playoffs for 16 years! 9 years total of winning records in franchise history! These analytic geeks are starting to lose me. They all they think they have everything figured out and what players are valuable and which ones aren’t. They worship the ground Presti walks on. He is a fantastic talent evaluator (maybe the best) and a good Gm but get over it. Brown is the coach of the year, I’ll hear nothing else
OKC literally tanked last season. Their roster is definitely good enough for 40 wins or so, that's no surprise. People all of a sudden wanna pretend as if our sudden rise was predictable or expected and it's laughable. Hollinger has always been clueless

Hollinger and Nate Duncan can't ever admitt they're wrong and just look to take shots at the Kings in any way they can. You bet your ass if we were 27-43 that they'd be taking a victory lap about how right they were about the Hali-Sabonis trade.

OKC is a great story this season with a great coach and a great young core. SAC and Brown have been much better. Shouldn't be close.

Hollinger and Nate Duncan can't ever admitt they're wrong and just look to take shots at the Kings in any way they can. You bet your ass if we were 27-43 that they'd be taking a victory lap about how right they were about the Hali-Sabonis trade.

OKC is a great story this season with a great coach and a great young core. SAC and Brown have been much better. Shouldn't be close.
I don't think this OKC team is anything better than a .500 regular season gimmick. They're exploiting the complete inability of the NBA to enforce their own ruleset by playing a lineup of all guards and throwing up more shots per game than any other team. I don't see this collection of talent coalescing into a contender when/if Chet Holmgren gets healthy but I do see them continuing to punk teams in the regular season with their endless supply of young guards and wings.

I don't think this OKC team is anything better than a .500 regular season gimmick. They're exploiting the complete inability of the NBA to enforce their own ruleset by playing a lineup of all guards and throwing up more shots per game than any other team. I don't see this collection of talent coalescing into a contender when/if Chet Holmgren gets healthy but I do see them continuing to punk teams in the regular season with their endless supply of young guards and wings.
Not to mention that SGA gets star treatment on foul calls. It's nauseating

The non-custom number option has 6, 5, or 10 available. I went with a 5. I have a Sabonis jersey already so this will be my “Fox” jersey. I would have been OK with a 6 too.
I ordered Beam Team for hubby and me I got 5 and grabbed the 10 for him so we’ll look like Fox and the Ox I’ve been waiting patiently for them so we can wear them to the play offs (just sharing I stood in line a couple years ago when they were allowing like 100 people to meet Fox and get his jersey signed it was a special event)

Kings hater Hollinger would vote 2 kings into the all nba team. He also said Brown was coach of the year but insinuated that it was because the kings had a relatively healthy roster.

“All-NBA Third Team

PG: Steph Curry, Golden State
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Sacramento
SF: Kawhi Leonard, LA Clippers
PF: Lauri Markkanen, Utah
C: Domantas Sabonis, Sacramento”

Kings hater Hollinger would vote 2 kings into the all nba team. He also said Brown was coach of the year but insinuated that it was because the kings had a relatively healthy roster.

“All-NBA Third Team

PG: Steph Curry, Golden State
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Sacramento
SF: Kawhi Leonard, LA Clippers
PF: Lauri Markkanen, Utah
C: Domantas Sabonis, Sacramento”
This doesn’t make any sense to me. Yeah, you typically have to be healthy and good to win in this league. These idiots find new ways to be backhanded and dense each week.

This doesn’t make any sense to me. Yeah, you typically have to be healthy and good to win in this league. These idiots find new ways to be backhanded and dense each week.
Yeah... a much more potent criticism should be pointed at franchises that have chosen to stake the entirety of their fortunes on star talents who are made of glass and/or are load-managed out of opportunities to help their teams win in the regular season. If both the media and the league continue to communicate that the regular season has no value and that the lack of availability of the league's biggest stars does not matter so long as they are ready and available for the playoffs, well, then the fans aren't going to take too kindly to that.

What's the point in being a paying customer and an ardent supporter of NBA basketball if the regular season product is treated so flippantly that healthy teams are effectively penalized for their success and are awarded with end-of-season honors in a backhanded manner? The Kings' third place finish in the Western Conference should be a triumphant celebration of their commitment to winning that is rewarded with a first-round matchup against a lesser team; instead, they're likely set for a first round matchup with the defending champions who, despite dealing with some serious injuries, still coasted all season no matter who was in the starting lineup and who load-managed Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson even when they were healthy and available to play.

Yes, injuries happen. Yes, this means that sometimes playoff-bound teams are better than their regular season record indicates. But there's so little incentive for teams to change their strategy of load management, playing the middle, and "flipping the switch" when the playoffs come. It just doesn't sit right with me. Either shorten the regular season or penalize teams for sitting healthy starters. Or both, preferably.

The first Center in 56 years to lead the #1 offense in assists is our very own, Domantas Sabonis.

Sabonis’ 7.3apg brought the Kings to score 4.6% more points per possession than the average team.

Wilt Chamberlain was the first and last center to do this; 1967, in the middle of his 3-peat MVPs as a Point-Center, Chamberlain 7.8apg led the #1 offense to score 5.6% more points per possession than the average team. That year Wilt led his team to a dominant postseason and championship and I expect nothing less from Sabonis, unequivocally the greatest Point-Center of his time.

Bullcrap - I've never seen him out there.

Do you make a point to notice the beam after games?

Absolutely. You can see the lights up in the air. When my car pulls out, I get out, I stop, and I admire the beam. Sometimes I just walk out onto DOCO [Downtown Commons] and just high-five the fans and just enjoy the moment.

Bullcrap - I've never seen him out there.

Do you make a point to notice the beam after games?

Absolutely. You can see the lights up in the air. When my car pulls out, I get out, I stop, and I admire the beam. Sometimes I just walk out onto DOCO [Downtown Commons] and just high-five the fans and just enjoy the moment.
The Maloofs had the charisma and fan connection - but didn't have the money. Vivek has the money - but not the fan connection. Can't have it all I guess. At least he's willing to spend and doesn't want to move the team. That's all you can really ask.