[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

The first US broadcasts in 720p appear to be in the late 1990's. CBS was broadcasting in 1080i in 1998. NBC followed in 1999. ABC was broadcasting in 720p in 2001. Fox, however, didn't switch to 720p until 2004. So saying that "720p and 1080p didn't exist" back then is not correct by a long shot. I don't know when Kings games first started getting broadcast in HD, but the format definitely existed and was in widespread use at the time.

Again, Google is your friend.
It may not be correct but I don't remember ever watching any Kings game back then in any of those formats so maybe I was missing out on something. Google isn't necessary, you are here to correct me if need be. How did you get information before the creation of Google?

If I remember correctly, the Bee covered this mostly through opinion pieces. I thought it was odd at the time that their sports desk didn’t touch it, but defending opinion articles is easier for them here, and they probably thought something like this might be coming in case the allegations didn’t hold.
I think you're right. But I suspect that simply marking a piece "opinion" doesn't shield you from libel laws. Again, not saying Richaun is going to win, but I don't think it's just a frivolous lawsuit.
However, this suit comes to terms might have a certain degree of ramifications with regard to future suits related to the lack of journalistic integrity in modern-day journalism.

At least I hope it would.

Bill Simmons becoming a Beam Team Truther after decades of truly terrible Kings takes really is the most extra plot twist to come out of this season lol
I always felt like Bill Simmons wanted us to be good and felt bad for Kings fans but he shat on us when we did dumb things, as most other people did. His Fox take was definitely dumb though.

this appology can be posted in all threads - it is a balm for Kings fans old wounds ... :)
Thinking of opening a Crow Cafe fast-casual restaurant with counter service. Crow wings. Crow salad sandwich. Crow soup. Half sandwich and soup combo.

Thinking it will do pretty well. First two locations going in in Bristol, CT and NYC next to Steven As office.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
"Harsh comments about their WIN" is just incredible.
Changes in expectations. Changes in accountability. Changes in culture. And a sudden, one-year turnaround.

I'll admit, when Mike Brown was hired I figured him to be a retread whose only real advantage was who he *wasn't*.

I was incredibly wrong on that one.

I'll admit, when Mike Brown was hired I figured him to be a retread whose only real advantage was who he *wasn't*.

I was incredibly wrong on that one.
I always figured his record in Cleveland came from riding LeBron's coattails. Like you, I was wrong about that! But I also saw him as a trusted assistant to Steve Kerr, so tried to keep an open mind. Even in pre-season, I could see that the Kings were well-coached.