Kings and free agency - part 4

K

KingMilz

I hate to see Andre Miller go, love watching him play but I'm ok with it. Now that we've also waived Moreland I hope that Luc gets medically cleared or we snatch up Dorell Wright.
Kind of surprised he went to the Timberwolves I would have preferred if we went to the Suns or something like that as a back up but **** it last year of his career I want to see him play no matter where it is. Also good for Rubio maybe he can teach him how to post up (get Rubio to bulk up) since they have some similarities in there games.

Going to be some serious lobbing next year to everyone not named Pekovic or Hummel (I'm sure KG can still catch them). Also would not be surprised to see him logging tons of playing time when the inevitable occurs and Rubio goes down.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hedo? why....I'd rather go and try to get Mike Miller.
Just as washed up. :)

I suspect if the rumor that we retained interest in Luc is true that those sorts of washed up 3/4s might be backup plans in case Luc can't fix whatever his shoulder deal is in time for the season.

P.S. because of the wording of the Hedo "rumor", also don't be surprised if that is just 100% made up by a writer just making the logical Valde-Peja----Hedo! connection.

Just as washed up. :)

I suspect if the rumor that we retained interest in Luc is true that those sorts of washed up 3/4s might be backup plans in case Luc can't fix whatever his shoulder deal is in time for the season.

P.S. because of the wording of the Hedo "rumor", also don't be surprised if that is just 100% made up by a writer just making the logical Valde-Peja----Hedo! connection.
"League sources confirm that Vlade Divac has been in contact with Mike Bibby as a 3rd point guard to mentor Curry."

What do you base that statement on?

I watched him against us last year - he started for the Clippers, and handed the Kings' squad their hats when he was out there.
Knew exactly where to go on the court, and nailed his 3's - he obviously likes playing in ol' Arco.

How exactly does that = "washed up"?

What do you base that statement on?

I watched him against us last year - he started for the Clippers, and handed the Kings' squad their hats when he was out there.
Knew exactly where to go on the court, and nailed his 3's - he obviously likes playing in ol' Arco.

How exactly does that = "washed up"?
He averaged 11 mpg and 3 points. One good game against the Kings doesn't mean he isn't washed up

He averaged 11 mpg and 3 points. One good game against the Kings doesn't mean he isn't washed up
Per 36 minutes, the last 2 years he's been at :
2013 : 8 RBDs, 3 ASTs, almost 2 steals, 1 block, and 11 pts on 44% 3 Pt shooting
2014 : 5 RBDs, 2 ASTs, 1 steal, 1/2 a block, and 12 pts on 43% 3PT shooting

He'd be in the Top 7 in the NBA if he made 22 more 3 PTRs.

How is that washed up?

Hedo is what he is, but he isn't washed up by a long shot.
He'd be a backup.
There's a lot of players who have been declared "washed up" who play significant minutes on playoff teams.

I thought I won't be back until October. But seems we still got player movement discussions to do.
Anyway, Toney Douglas has just been waived by the Pels.

He was a nice piece the last time he played here.
If Karl wants 4 PG in his final roster, I wouldn't mind giving Toney another run here in place of either Stock or Curry.

The Kings have obviously done well this offseason. At this point I'm only concerned with adding quality power forward depth. Although unfortunately if Moute doesn't come back, I don't think we can do it so late in free agency.

Per 36 minutes, the last 2 years he's been at :
2013 : 8 RBDs, 3 ASTs, almost 2 steals, 1 block, and 11 pts on 44% 3 Pt shooting
2014 : 5 RBDs, 2 ASTs, 1 steal, 1/2 a block, and 12 pts on 43% 3PT shooting

He'd be in the Top 7 in the NBA if he made 22 more 3 PTRs.

How is that washed up?

Hedo is what he is, but he isn't washed up by a long shot.
He'd be a backup.
There's a lot of players who have been declared "washed up" who play significant minutes on playoff teams.
Using per 36 for a 35 year old guy that hasn't played more than 11-12 minutes or averaged more than 3 points in the last 3 years is silly.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Using per 36 for a 35 year old guy that hasn't played more than 11-12 minutes or averaged more than 3 points in the last 3 years is silly.
Only if you're trying to extrapolate it out to real minutes. If we were to go after Hedo it would obviously be for something like 10 minutes a game anyway, so per-36 would show you his recent value over those minutes. He obviously wouldn't get 12 points a game, but he'd score at the same rate as a 12 PPG starter while he was in.

Only if you're trying to extrapolate it out to real minutes. If we were to go after Hedo it would obviously be for something like 10 minutes a game anyway, so per-36 would show you his recent value over those minutes. He obviously wouldn't get 12 points a game, but he'd score at the same rate as a 12 PPG starter while he was in.
Or if he only can play around 10 minutes/game we can just look at his stats right now and I think a guy that can't do much beside hit an occasional 3 while playing really poor d is washed up.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Or if he only can play around 10 minutes/game we can just look at his stats right now and I think a guy that can't do much beside hit an occasional 3 while playing really poor d is washed up.
I think the Hedo hire would be more of another vet/chemistry hire. been around, including all the way back to the Golden Era Vlade is trying to reinvoke. Playing ability would kind of just be a bonus.

How do we feel about Papanikolau if we're not able to work things out with Luc? I admit I don't know much about his game other than that he has upside.

Kostas papankoulao (sp?) from Denver (from Ty Lawson trade) is being released.

He is a versatile euro player.

I think vlade may have some interest.