Kings and free agency - part 4

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Things have really settled down and the current thread is almost at 1,0oo posts, so it's probably as good a time as any to start a clean thread.

We'll keep trying to split out/merge discussions so you don't have to read the same comments in multiple threads.

:)

Brad Turner: Josh Smith and the Clippers are “still having conversations,” per source. But Smith is also “talking with several teams.”
– via Twitter BA_Turner

Hey Vlade-As soon as Rondo signs on the line please have him call up Josh Smith to convince him to join the party!!!!

Brad Turner: Josh Smith and the Clippers are “still having conversations,” per source. But Smith is also “talking with several teams.”
– via Twitter BA_Turner

Hey Vlade-As soon as Rondo signs on the line please have him call up Josh Smith to convince him to join the party!!!!
The correct translation of this is actually.. Josh Smith is set to join the Clippers but still negotiating the money. So in order to make the Clippers commit to it, he's now "talking with several teams".

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
The correct translation of this is actually.. Josh Smith is set to join the Clippers but still negotiating the money. So in order to make the Clippers commit to it, he's now "talking with several teams".
Clippers are over the cap and can only offer the vet minimum. No money negotiations to be had.

If anything I think Smith is waiting to see what Houston, Dallas or Sacramento (assuming the Kings still have any caproom) are willing to pony up.

Clippers are over the cap and can only offer the vet minimum. No money negotiations to be had.

If anything I think Smith is waiting to see what Houston, Dallas or Sacramento (assuming the Kings still have any caproom) are willing to pony up.

Well I have not seen Josh's Name in Dallas Rumors for a while mostly talk of Tyler Hansbourough, Elton Brand,Sammy D, and McGee

I read where Houston has made offers to Jason Terry and Josh but didn't see any numbers, and I believe they still have an MLE available

Clippers can only offer vet min

time to make a push Vlade!!!

What worries me a little bit is that if Butler and Omri are flying to vegas to sign up wouldn't they normally be signed AFTER we use up the last 4-5 mil in cap space?
and then sign Butler to vet min and Casspi to room exception?

Does that mean he has given up on Josh?

Does that mean if Luc does not sign today that Vlade is done except for min contracts?

What worries me a little bit is that if Butler and Omri are flying to vegas to sign up wouldn't they normally be signed AFTER we use up the last 4-5 mil in cap space?
and then sign Butler to vet min and Casspi to room exception?

Does that mean he has given up on Josh?

Does that mean if Luc does not sign today that Vlade is done except for min contracts?
You just presented a 3,4 layered guesstimating question that probably can't be accurately solved unless one lives inside Vlade's head.

Brian May
@BMayNews10
33 mins ago

I asked Vlade Divac if he was done in #NBAFreeAgency. "I got two more spots. We're very close to being done." @Sacramento Kings

Sounds like Luc and a pg to me? Miller?